What's new

India asked American tourists on 'conversion drive'to leave

Status
Not open for further replies.
so much so.... an indian here said Gandhi was secular. he set the tone of the nation to be secular... keh do ke yeh jhoot hai..... :P

I dont believe in Gandhi. I admire Godse. :smile:

First of all they guy must be pretty stupid to get fooled in the first place....and end of the day its his decision none of my business. I will only make it my business if he or she descides to kill base on those beliefs, or is against the state.

that is what is happening..tribal people do not have literacy which makes them easy target for missionaries...
i do not oppose missionaries like mother teresa but what i see today is quite horrible...have you ever watched GOD TV?

They had come on a tourist visa and violated the terms of that visa. If you are on a student visa in US and indulge in other activities apart from being a student, you will be deported. Plain and simple.

Either they should have applied for religious workers visa or some other appropriate visa or should have just enjoyed their "tourist" sightings.

That is understandable. No one is objecting to punishment or actions taken on basis of law. but read the news the clear reason that is that they accused of intending to convert Hindus.

this is not isolated case there had been such cases. the main point here is that if India is secular and if Indians claim that Hinduism is not a religion and if Indians claim that Hindus are allowed to worship any object then why this resistance to conversion to Christianity ??

How it is damaging India? and why ?

No I don't think so. You can be atheist, muslim, jew, christian etc and still be an Indian, not Hindu.

here is a whole thread about it. and the indians back in it were trying to prove the flexibility of their religion...

moreover, then there should be no fuss at all about their conversion...

Wow, Indian Backed terrorists!!!...You are missing three more words here- RAW, CIA and MOSSAD

she is journalists so she wants us to think that she knows everything just like Syed Saleem Shahzad

:) 1. so if Christians are making lives of poor better than whats wrong in it.

2. if Hinduism is not a religion then why you have banned conversions and taking legal steps against free conversion by poor Hindus?

3. If you have poor sections in your society, who's fault it is?

Forced/coerced conversions are banned, not willful conversions. Case in point - AR Rahman - the music maestro - converted to Islam from Hinduism.

Who said Indians believe in Secularism. The kind of secularism propagated in India is far different then what it really used to be in medieval Europe.

Secularism was inserted into our constitution during the time of Emergency by Indira Gandhi. It was never a part of our Original Constitution.

:) Good to know atleast one person from bharat accepted the reality.

so why you guys wield this fake secularism why not come straight and say you are a Hindu majority country and hence you dont allow conversions

but i oppose when people are fooled in the name of holy water...which religion tells to fool people like this??

But its there choice, people in the Christian religion believe that if you drink the bless water that has been prayed upon by the priest it can cure your sickness. So if they believe such a concept who are you to get in there way.....because I am sure there are plenty of things which people can find change about the hindu religion and might question that it is fooling people.

Forced/coerced conversions are banned, not willful conversions. Case in point - AR Rahman - the music maestro - converted to Islam from Hinduism.

Gubbi tell me what is forced conversion here if Missionaries give money and other such promises and people knowing that they are being offered these for conversion, they do convert so why Indians are calling it forced conversion?

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

who was he ? never heard of him...

lolzz yara the one who killed Gandhi

That is understandable. No one is objecting to punishment or actions taken on basis of law. but read the news the clear reason that is that they accused of intending to convert Hindus.

this is not isolated case there had been such cases. the main point here is that if India is secular and if Indians claim that Hinduism is not a religion and if Indians claim that Hindus are allowed to worship any object then why this resistance to conversion to Christianity ??

No dear, the main point here is NOT their converting Hindus to Christianity. The main point here is their violation of their Visa agreement. Governments the world over are getting stricter with their visa laws. This is a prime example of enforcing those agreements and laws.

There is a proper visa for religious proselytizing (remember all those pastors from megachurches coming for mass prayers). A tourist visa is for just tourist purposes.

:) Good to know atleast one person from bharat accepted the reality.

so why you guys wield this fake secularism why not come straight and say you are a Hindu majority country and hence you dont allow conversions

Beacause we arent a Hindu Rashtra officiallly. Officialy, we are still a god damn secular country.

But its there choice, people in the Christian religion believe that if you drink the bless water that has been prayed upon by the priest it can cure your sickness. So if they believe such a concept who are you to get in there way.....because I am sure there are plenty of things which people can find change about the hindu religion and might question that it is fooling people.

you know what they do? they add medicinal pills in water and give it to ill people as "holy water"....

here is a whole thread about it. and the indians back in it were trying to prove the flexibility of their religion...

moreover, then there should be no fuss at all about their conversion...

Forced conversion is quite pathetic to be honest. And in fact illegal in 5 states of India. Hopefully all the states will follow suit.

And this applies for people from every religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom