What's new

India appears ambivalent about role as U.S. strategy pivots toward Asia

Ok you dont want to call it capitulation coz you got the prize of civil nuke deal for it.fine.

So let me redefine it....A back stabbing...how about it.i think its perfect to describe the situation.After all indians are experienced back stabbers from their own epic like vibhishana and history....Jaichand.

Improving relation doesnt mean that you ditch your old friends on the insistence of your new masters.

Strongly object to the word master.....even with the russians who had a huge impact on our political and govt system we were never in the master vassal relationship. we had differences with even the russians. even with the americans with the nuke deal, they have still not got the nuke orders which they had hoped for, but definitely got some military deals....even MMRCA has not gone to them.......India will honour her deal which any govt of the day makes.....because it is endorsed by the beauracracy ...so the yanks can still hope for Nuke buisness.....we will do that with due dilligence......so the word master does not deserve to be shot from yur vocabulary. every country chooses its path and must accept the price they bring along the path..... I can give lots of example about the choices yur country have made with the americans which has been disasterous ....hope yu reconcile....

Indians cannot be trusted.

yes you are right, that right only belongs to the americans and her allies......only they can take a decision and reverse it when they see it fit and can be trusted to single minded pursuit of national interests no matter how many lives , money adn countries suffer for it........libya, iraq,iran,syria...afghanistan...list goes on and on....

Ok you dont want to call it capitulation coz you got the prize of civil nuke deal for it.fine.

So let me redefine it....A back stabbing...how about it.i think its perfect to describe the situation.After all indians are experienced back stabbers from their own epic like vibhishana and history....Jaichand.

Improving relation doesnt mean that you ditch your old friends on the insistence of your new masters.

Its called negotiation. Could you please show a document where the GoI had signed a price deal for the IPI deal? You cannot. Because it does not exist.

For both your points, there are no friends in foreign policy. The faster you realise it the better. You do what it takes to further your country's interests. Do the Iranians support us on Kashmir? No. Then when they can take care of their interests why should not we?

I am sure you have read, the epics, since you seem to be an expert in it. Better not to comment on things which you have no understanding of.

Most of the Indian posters here state that India does not pay any price for what the US seeks.

Though are always quid pro quos in bilateral relations.

However, so far even after acquiescing to US demands on Iran and many other aspects as well, neither the nuke deal has reached a conclusion nor has many other deals.

This indicates that India still needs to do more and unless it does, these deals may prolong and may only remain just deals.

Do you want to expand a bit on the bold part above?

Back
Top Bottom