What's new

India and Pakistan in the Next 100 Years

Ok, let me stay on the topic, which is,

India and Pakistan in the Next 100 Years

I think Pakistan will be the richest country and India the poorest.

Everyone happy now? Now, can we close the ^%$&*@ thread.

Poland?? somebody buy me pottasium cyanide please, I cant stand this guy nomore.

I guess most people here doesnt know much about Poland and are confused. Yes country of Poland "can" also be a future power.

Let me give some info regarding why?

Poland is considered to have one of the healthiest economies of the post-communist countries and is currently the fastest growing country within the EU. Since the fall of the communist government, Poland has steadfastly pursued a policy of liberalising the economy and today stands out as a successful example of the transition from a centrally planned economy to a primarily capitalistic market economy. Poland is the only member of the European Union to have avoided a decline in GDP during the late 2000s recession. In 2009 Poland has had the greatest GDP growth in the EU. As of November 2009 the Polish economy has not entered the global recession of the late 2000s nor has it even contracted

souced from wiki

Poland is one of the most educated european state.Its GDP is inside the worlds top 20.

A superpower is a state with a leading position in the international system and the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests; it is traditionally considered to be one step higher than a great power.

But seriously i dont think turkey or poland will ever be a notable power.

the super power like US, UK, russia, germany france, china will be staying as it is.

India is too divided in various things to come together as a superpower, but definetly it will be an economic giant. BUt reflecting the economy in all people is a different ball game and i doubt India will be able to do it.

whom you wanna believe ? Chairman of Stratfor (only 70 employs in whole company)

IMF
by 2055 USA will be 3rd greatest economy overthrowned by China & India

& from where does this Poland came from ????

What is the problem with Indian members ???

Can't you guys understand one simple post or should a lecture be arranged to make you guys understand ??

Go and talk about the article posted and do your comparisons, why are you bringing my post into it & replying to my post and trying to force unto me as if i agree with the article writer or I have said it is true or endorsed it.

Ajeeb loog hoo.

Can't you guys understand one simple post or should a lecture be arranged to make you guys understand ??

Go and talk about the article posted and do your comparisons, why are you bringing my post into it & replying to my post and trying to force unto me as if i agree with the article writer or I have said it is true or endorsed it.

Ajeeb loog hoo.

yeah you are right Sir,

He just posted an article...... if we have problem we should catch that author "George Friedman" and ask him how he is making Poland a super power.

Why bash at Riaq Haq he just quoted his statement thats it

BRIC is a term coined by Goldman Sachs to bracket disparate nations together just because of their large populations. Similar logic is used in GS's "Next 11" group of emerging nations which include Pakistan and Turkey.

Haq's Musings: Goldman, Franklin-Templeton Bullish on Pakistan's Economy

I think population alone can not be used as a determinant for the future, although nations with higher than replacement TFR (about 2.1) will have some advantage in the 21st century.

Regarding Friedman, I think the predictive abilities of most analysts are limited by the present. Future is often seen as a highly exaggerated version of the present.

As Friedman says, Germany was predicted to be the greatest power of the 20th century. All that changed after two world wars, when America emerged as the most important world power. The same could happen in this century. We could see new players by 2050, such as Turkey and Poland, emerge in addition to US and Japan, rather than the much hyped BRICs. Only time will tell the new world order in the 21st century.

As to the nukes, I don't think we ought to be constrained in our thinking by the current status of nuclear weapons technology. New weapons and technologies can emerge to potentially make the possession of the current generation of atomic weaponry irrelevant. Space-based weaponry, and remote cyber warfare could determine the winners of future conflicts.

yeah you are right Sir,

He just posted an article...... if we have problem we should catch that author "George Friedman" and ask him how he is making Poland a super power.

Why bash at Riaq Haq he just quoted his statement thats it
Why bash Mr Haq?
Well, he has a history of posting articles which we Indian perceive as India bashing, whatever his motives are. Its our phsych. (Though I know this is not rightful reason to bash him, but it is the truth.)

Second, when he is posting an article, he must first think about what he is posting. Now I don't think any person in sane state will not agree that this article is tooooo much speculation. Somebody is giving a prediction of 100 yrs in future and Mr Haq is posting it on defense forum to discuss. (And I don't think there is anything to discuss in it, 100yrs!!)

In Silicon valley recently, the US federal government has pumped in about $500 million each into two green tech startups..Solyndra pv solar and Tesla all-electric cars. Obama was here this week to promote green tech and spoke to Solyndra employees.

In addition, there is $1 billion in federal grants being offered to biotech firms under the new healthcare bill.

The reason for US supremacy is partly explained by how much of its public funds it spends on higher education. A 2006 report from the London-based Center for European Reform, "The Future of European Universities" points out that the United States invests 2.6 percent of its GDP in higher education, compared with 1.2 percent in Europe and 1.1 percent in Japan.

after 100 years we don't care about human made borders....
so good luck for ours next generation. at least they will not fight like us in defence.pk .

Ajeeb loog hoo.

ajeeb aap ho. indian and pakistani both doing same thing and u r only blaming it to indian.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Even in 100 Years time India will still have more Mobile Phones than Toilets!

Contrary to conventional wisdom, George Friedman, Chairman of Stratfor, and author of "The Next 100 Years", sees the United States, Turkey, Poland and Japan as the great powers of the 21st century.

Friedman raises serious doubts about India and China staying united as modern nation-states, much less emerge as great powers of the 21st century. He says India and China are regionally fragmented and it's very difficult to govern the vast nations from from Delhi or Beijing. He does not foresee Brazil or Russia emerge as great powers of the 21st century either, essentially dismissing all four members of the the much-hyped BRIC countries.

Talking about the emergence of South Korea and Israel as modern industrialized states, Friedman singles out the value of the transfer by the US of F-16s as a catalyst for recipient countries' development of skills and technical know-how. He makes no mention of Pakistan's development of the F16 maintenance and training infrastructure at Kamra PAC for its F16s in this context.

Friedman says the Islamic World will recover from the current chaos imposed by the United States in its conflict with al Qaeda. He also argues that Turkey, not Pakistan, Indonesia, Iran, or Egypt, will emerge as a great world power, and the leader of the Muslim world.

Here's how Friedman describes the four great powers of the twenty-first century:

Japan, Turkey, and Poland will each be facing a United States even more confident than it was after the second fall of the Soviet Union. That will be an explosive situation. As we will see during the course of this book, the relationships among these four countries will greatly affect the twenty-first century, leading, ultimately, to the next global war. This war will be fought differently from any in history—with weapons that are today in the realm of science fiction. But as I will try to outline, this mid-twenty-first century conflict will grow out of the dynamic forces born in the early part of the new century.

Haq's Musings: Are India and Pakistan Failed States?

Rubbish article U.S is a vast country with lot of states and still it is a super power. No body can stop the next super powers China and India:victory:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

And brits will be counting toilets.

South Asian Unity?
Peace?
Next Power Block?
PAK,INDIAN,CHINA,BRAZIL,INDONESIA?TURKEY
KASHMIR ISSUE WILL BE SOLVED.

And brits will be counting toilets.

South Asian Unity?
Peace?
Next Power Block?
PAK,INDIAN,CHINA,BRAZIL,INDONESIA?
KASHMIR ISSUE WILL BE SOLVED.

No, respected Sir, Mr. Haq will be amusing us all with his "Collected" Musings.

Indian Telecom Subscription Data as on 31st March 2010

In April 2010 India has added 16.90 Million new Mobile Phone connections.

Total Number of Mobile Phones added between December 2009 and April 2010 = 95.18 Million - CORRECTED

Last edited:
yes mr tamil khan india and pakistan both are bragging this topic plz dont point out indian member only. its unprofessional and offending at the same time

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Doubtful. I'd be disappointed if we are still using mobile phones in a 100 years. I want a better technology.

And I hope toilets don't become extinct :lol:.

But seriously, I was hoping to read a bit more about India and Pakistan in the OP. Why is the thread title 'India and Pakistan in 100 years' if there was nothing about pakistan in the opening post and only a few dismissive comments about India?

Back
Top Bottom