What's new

India abandons UN Security Council seat ambitions

there are two parts of asia:

eastern asia
southern asia

first part is doing pretty well, the same can't be said for the second. it is like the africa of asia.

South Asia include your all weather friend too Pakistan :lol: ,My frnd you made pakistani members really upset now... :lol: :D

oh, yes, judged by a kid born in 1992 and who has never been to China/Beijing.
judged by a group of posters on a online forum! wonderful.

same as a moron sitting in Taipei ... who has never been outside his mom's basement talking about India ....irony isn't it ..:lol:

3rd Largest Economy?????? Bullshit. India is still lagging at 10th place in global ranking. It is expected to be third in 10 years by this time China will be 1st. Three years back, Western gurus and Bollywoodaydreamers predicted that Indian economy would be third by 2010. What we see now? The Bollywood daydreamers are still gagging at tht 10th and 11th place. But India is world No 1 Weapons Importer, this cannot be disputed since every Indian Government is very keen to buy all weapons existing in the World market. In the 90s it was Russian weapons now Western.

gimme some credible sources m8 dont jus cook up stories

South Asia include your all weather friend too Pakistan :lol: ,My frnd you made pakistani members really upset now... :lol: :D

Yes, a regretable post.

South Asia includes India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

Apart from Pakistan, all the rest are growing at the magic 7%+ GDP growth rates now which means that the GDP doubles every 10 years or less. This is what East Asia did after the 2nd world war that has transformed countries like South Korea and Taiwan into advanced countries. South Asia may be late to the Asian growth party but it has arrived nonetheless. I am sure that all South Asian countries, including Pakistan, will transform into relatively prosperous countries in the future.

In East Asia, only China and Vietnam is growing at high GDP rates anymore and it would find it harder and harder to keep up these rates as it's economy starts entering the high-income bracket in the future. It is likely to be India that remains as the only large Asian country that grows at double-digit rates in the decades to come.

Asia's time has arrived.

Yes, a regretable post.

South Asia includes India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

Apart from Pakistan, all the rest are growing at the magic 7%+ GDP growth rates now which means that the GDP doubles every 10 years or less. This is what East Asia did after the 2nd world war that has transformed countries like South Korea and Taiwan into advanced countries. South Asia may be late to the Asian growth party but it has arrived nonetheless. I am sure that all South Asian countries, including Pakistan, will transform into relatively prosperous countries in the future.

In East Asia, only China and Vietnam is growing at high GDP rates anymore and it would find it harder and harder to keep up these rates as it's economy starts entering the high-income bracket in the future. It is likely to be India that remains as the only large Asian country that grows at double-digit rates in the decades to come.

Asia's time has arrived.

But you see mods never gonna ban forever.I don't know what mods get from this,i mean he's only bring disgrace to forum.

But you see mods never gonna ban forever.I don't know what mods get from this,i mean he's only bring disgrace to forum.

Actually, it is my understanding that with the recent developments, moderators can no longer ban an individual for more than a period of three months.

Another thread based on fake news spread in Pakistani media only.. Yesterday below thread based on this false propaganda got closed..

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/119308-india-abandons-quest-permanent-un-security-council-seat-4.html#post1929075

BTW, It's a big news and had this been true the International media including India media would have it on front page. But by some magic only Pakistani media and Pakistani bogus sites got this news. Another case of Fake Wiki Leaks in making or may be Generals got it published to make daily bomb blast shaken crowds a bit happy....

European Union would be a nobody by then. Instead it would be something like USA, China, India, Russia, Brazil rather than European continent at all unless you're counting that France or Germany take a strong stance.
Europe Union economy as a whole will probably be second after China in 2030, followed by United States, then India. Their military is quite advanced, not to mention living standard, technological advancement and cultural influence. I think they should be represented in the future P5. I don't see Brazil having more global influence than Europe at that time, maybe in 2050.

I would just like to add that Indonesia would also be a very strong contender for 2 reasons:

1. Massive population and probably 2nd world economy by then.

2. Also we would need a country to represent the Muslims in the world and most Muslim countries could line up behind it for a permanent seat as it would be the most populous and richest(in terms of overall GDP) Muslim country.

Edit - I think you also meant to include China as well.
Indonesia would not be the world's second largest economy by 2030. It would be China, EU, U.S, Japan, India then Brazil.

The P5 is based on economic/military and cultural representation, not religious. I don't see Indonesia ever getting a seat.

UNSC seat and permanent seat are different concept.

When the UN was created by US/Russia/UK/FR/China in 1945, your nation even didn't exist in the world.

As I mentioned to another poster in #49, please reference to see that the UNSC parmanent seat was offered to India...

FR didn't really do much, was just a clown of the war, as usual.
UK's contribution is pretty slim.

I dont think you're a good judge of WW2 "contribution"

If you look at China, we killed about 100 Japanese generals during the war, fought with millions of their troops.

Japanese generals killed in the war by Chinese troops:
http://www.360doc.com/content/10/1115/10/1817883_69459296.shtml

China pretty much had to be carried/assisted by western/colonial forces in the war....so you're grossly overestimating China's contribution in comparison to the other allies

when compared to this, you have to agree that india wasn't even a part of the war.

It wasn't our war and no "Nanjing type massacre" was thrust upon us to garner the need for direct entry into the war....
Nevertheless,Indian troops' contribution in Italy and Africa is well documented....

How many axis generals were killed/capture by indian troops? how many axis troops were eliminated by indian troops? zero and slightly higher than zero.

Again...do read up on the contribution of Indian troops fighting alongside the british in Italy and North Africa...

NOTE: I think you're missing the woods for the trees....
The point is...Just as the WW2 was significant in changing the reigns of the world power holders....NOW is a similar time where the tilt of power is moving towards/or has already in some ways more in towards India..

Hence India deserves the seat just as China does...

Indonesia would not be the world's second largest economy by 2030. It would be China, EU, U.S, Japan, India then Brazil.

The P5 is based on economic/military and cultural representation, not religious. I don't see Indonesia ever getting a seat.

What I meant was that it would turn into a 2nd world economy(middle-income status), not that it would be number 2 in overall GDP.

Well we have to see in the furture what happens.

Back
Top Bottom