What's new

India a new Rising power in sports?

I think India should invest more on Sports .

I think so too. Hell if one state (Haryana) can host 5 out of the 7 boxers, imagine how much potential the whole country has. Hopefully this cricket craze will fizzle out in due time with the younger generations.

Btw Indian Parupalli Kashyap just beat Viet Nam T M Nguyen 21-9 21-14 in badminton. A game well played by both players. :cheers:

Ghanta Rising Sports Power... Indian record is pathetic in Sports. And situation does not seem to improve in near future.

This Govt. control over sports is not letting things move..

I think so too. Hell if one state (Haryana) can host 5 out of the 7 boxers, imagine how much potential the whole country has. Hopefully this cricket craze will fizzle out in due time w ith the younger generations.
No sir, Cricket will become more popular because it got approval for Olympics.
Cricket may be included in Olympics soon : Cricketnext

Cricket gets Olympic approval | Cricket News | Global | ESPN Cricinfo

http://www.defence.pk/forums/cricket/47065-cricket-formally-included-olympic-games.html

So total six Medals in Cricket.
Men:
Gold, Silver, Bronze
Women:
Gold, Silver, Bronze
:D:D:D

What we need is dedicated sports schools, like Motilal Nehru Sports School in Sonepat. One in every state ( at least) and get them to compete against each other twice a year. Start scouting for potential atheletes at young age, and groom them through.

But Government run schools will probably have lot of problems, so make an autonomous governing body comprising of ex athletes, experts, coaches, and let private groups run them.

This school seems to have decent enough sporting infrastructure, this is what is needed.

Motilal Nehru School of Sports,Cricket,Hockey,Basket Ball,Lawntennis,Horseriding,Gymnasium,Swimming,Riffle Shooting,Athletics,Vollyball,Boxing,Football

One gold in Beijing olympics and few bronze medals....nothing much to boast about:cry:
more than govt. spending I would like to see our youngsters taking interest and playing sports other than cricket , sadly that is not happening much.

you forgot siver medl in Olympic as well. RVS rathore in shooting.

We have the talent but the sports administration including selection & training does not show professionalism.

Pakistan and India have better chance of getting medals in sports that are not capital intensive, like shooting (everyone in play since they have guns), rowing etc

Jab tak kalmadi IOA ka chairman bana rahega india wont progress in other sports.Free the IOA from govt clutches.

Pakistan and India have better chance of getting medals in sports that are not capital intensive, like shooting (everyone in play since they have guns), rowing etc

Brother professional shooting is not cheap at all
Secondly, India isn't pak u won't easy find guns in Indian homes n even majority of those who have it would be rifiles n air guns :azn:

A very famous saying in India which I hear since my childhood "Padhoge Likhoge banoge Nawab, kheloge kudoge to hoge kharaab".
(One who study will go ahead while those who play will ruin his life).

We have attitude in the same way. Doctor/Engineer/MBA etc are preferred and forced choices (by parents). Only in last 6-7 years i see people are taking their kids to sports and taking it seriously. We still need to change attitude towards sports, when we lose in cricket we started loving suddenly Badminton/Hockey/F1/Tennis wherever we won but once again we won single match we become fan of Blue boys.

India can,t become power in Sports. First They need to learn to host international Sports. They can,t get a Single gold medal in olympics. If They invest in Sports instead of to buy nuclear submarines then They have Chance to become Sports Power.
did pak host any?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom