What's new

India: a global hub for warship building

this is a 1960s era warship, fitted with a 1960s era radar. good for you.

when we say "radar" in the context of modern navy, it means "active phased array radar system", today is 18th Dec. 2009, not 1969.

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

btw, I will be happy to eat my keyboard if india can develop and deploy it own active phased array radar system in the next 10 years.

:rofl::rofl:

Are you blind man..... Its an official picture...

1969....my foot ... do you familiar with the word upgrade????:smokin:

India: a global hub for warship building ?

Then of course!

I tried to google sth else yesterday and ran into this article on top of the page. I put it somewhere in other thread and got deleted by the mod, siting irrelevant. I believe this thread under "India global hub title"is perfect place for this. Enjoy:

Source: indiatimes.com:

India to lead global economic superpower list by 2030: Survey- Indicators-Economy-News-The Economic Times

India to lead global economic superpower list by 2030: Survey

NEW DELHI: India is poised to take over the developed countries to emerge at the top of the heap in the global economic superpower league by 2030, says a survey. :woot:

More than half of the respondents (53 per cent) of a survey commissioned by London-based independent think-tank Legatum Institute said India is likely to be the world's most important economic power by 2030. :woot:

According to the respondents of the survey, India is now on course to outstrip developed nations such as the USA, Japan, Germany and the fast-emerging economic giant China over the next two decades. :woot:

The survey, which questioned nearly 2,400 Indian senior managers, entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs said the levels of confidence among the country's wealth-creators is very high, with nearly nine in ten saying they expected India to be in a stronger economic position in the next five years.

--------------------------------------------------------

See where I highlighted in dark blue??

Independent think tank = global consensus view
( side note: survey on 2400 Indians)

Under the same mentality, I am convinced that India is THE global hub for warship building already! :yahoo:

India: a global hub for warship building ?

Then of course!

I tried to google sth else yesterday and ran into this article on top of the page. I put it somewhere in other thread and got deleted by the mod, siting irrelevant. I believe this thread under "India global hub title"is perfect place for this. Enjoy:

Source: indiatimes.com:

India to lead global economic superpower list by 2030: Survey- Indicators-Economy-News-The Economic Times

India to lead global economic superpower list by 2030: Survey

NEW DELHI: India is poised to take over the developed countries to emerge at the top of the heap in the global economic superpower league by 2030, says a survey. :woot:

More than half of the respondents (53 per cent) of a survey commissioned by London-based independent think-tank Legatum Institute said India is likely to be the world's most important economic power by 2030. :woot:

According to the respondents of the survey, India is now on course to outstrip developed nations such as the USA, Japan, Germany and the fast-emerging economic giant China over the next two decades. :woot:

The survey, which questioned nearly 2,400 Indian senior managers, entrepreneurs and aspiring entrepreneurs said the levels of confidence among the country's wealth-creators is very high, with nearly nine in ten saying they expected India to be in a stronger economic position in the next five years.

--------------------------------------------------------

See where I highlighted in dark blue??

Independent think tank = global consensus view
( side note: survey on 2400 Indians)

Under the same mentality, I am convinced that India is THE global hub for warship building already! :yahoo:

thanks speeder for accepting it finally.. give some sense to your fellows also....:agree:... India is already ahead in terms of quality as compared to ur low quality products made in China...

And India has now started paying attention to its manufacturing capabilities also...

Just imagine India alread yahead of u in technology, quality and services sector....And as India pays attention to manufaccturing also and goes ahead of u.. where will u be left behind...Just see this coming..... this is Future... keep in mind always....

meanwhile while we outgrow u and go beyond your reach you can keep on clapping....:cheers:

thanks speeder for accepting it finally.. give some sense to your fellows also....:agree:... India is already ahead in terms of quality as compared to ur low quality products made in China...

And India has now started paying attention to its manufacturing capabilities also...

Just imagine India alread yahead of u in technology, quality and services sector....And as India pays attention to manufaccturing also and goes ahead of u.. where will u be left behind...Just see this coming..... this is Future... keep in mind always....

meanwhile while we outgrow u and go beyond your reach you can keep on clapping....:cheers:

I do not buy that Chinese products are inferior then Indian, they do make pretty good products. The reason Indian feel so is because they export their inferior version to India.

Indians should realize we have a lot of catching up to do. Our business knows that already.

Our labors are no match for their and having the stabaility factor helps them.

Also I feel that we need to improve in IT sector as well, we are currently enjoying because we have little competetion.

I have seen this industry for long, a lot of our people do not work hard after they are in job, a good amount does very good and that covers for the rest. So while we are doing good, we can do better.

I do not buy that Chinese products are inferior then Indian, they do make pretty good products. The reason Indian feel so is because they export their inferior version to India.

Indians should realize we have a lot of catching up to do. Our business knows that already.

Our labors are no match for their and having the stabaility factor helps them.

Also I feel that we need to improve in IT sector as well, we are currently enjoying because we have little competetion.

I have seen this industry for long, a lot of our people do not work hard after they are in job, a good amount does very good and that covers for the rest. So while we are doing good, we can do better.

Ther are inferior buddy...what u r talking about is manufacturing plants of foreign mnc's rolling out their products from their chinese plants....
I am talking about chinese domestic home made products....

Just look at their mobiles...they are very poor in quality....

i agree we have to do catching up in manufacturing...

but we have only to do catching up in manufacturing... If India were to improve its manufacturing base only which is something it is doing right now(What is China- Export, export and export of products. that is just what it is.)... than China will be no match to India overall..

I really wonder how can someone treat India as a non working populace when India has made so much progress be it GDP , military or any other sphere of influence. Yes sometimes we do talk about somethings and arent able to achieve them but other times we say that we will reach the moon and we do.

As the saying goes...

Try for the moon and you will be among the stars...

The fact is that you are now among the stars of hunger. Two million slum children die every year as India booms | World news | The Observer

When will you credibly try hard to save those who are your country's future? :blah:

The fact is that you are now among the stars of hunger. Two million slum children die every year as India booms | World news | The Observer

When will you credibly try hard to save those who are your country's future? :blah:

gpit as some one pointed out India is a open book every one can have an independent survey about her..what about your country??tell me any credible survey link about your country's hungry chart and poor people other than the govt controled media??your government is afraid to face the reality and thats whyall these cover ups..let them make an independent survey then we can talk..til then you can make fun of any other country you like

Ther are inferior buddy...what u r talking about is manufacturing plants of foreign mnc's rolling out their products from their chinese plants....
I am talking about chinese domestic home made products....

Just look at their mobiles...they are very poor in quality....

i agree we have to do catching up in manufacturing...

but we have only to do catching up in manufacturing... If India were to improve its manufacturing base only which is something it is doing right now(What is China- Export, export and export of products. that is just what it is.)... than China will be no match to India overall..

Do not compare their product with western companies, western companies are ahead no doubt about that, compare them to Indian. They are ahead of us in the same road, we have same goal. Thats all I want to say. I do not like abusing anyone.

Unlike many you also have the same issue.
Let me try to add my 2 cents.
US Citizen are literal and easy to manage, you come with a law and everyone abides by it, little bit here or there.

India has such abig illiterate population, there are people who are not willing to understand the advantage of population control.

What we need is solid plan for population control, unless until that happens we cannot do anything to do the hunger control.

Your economy is so big still you struggle to keep jobs when things go wrong, with our economy and multiple times more population it is easier said then done.

Democracy is not something that is suitable for countries like ours. Leaders are elected by mass who is illterate and hardly understand the difference between good and bad.

We will progress slowly in this area until people get better at elections and making the politicians focus on real issues.

I do not see that happening for next 2 decade.

So lot of people talk about hunger in India, does not have any idea of what the real problem is.

It's sad but it is what it is man, you see beggers on street in India and they produce 5 to 10 kids, I wonder when they cannot feed themselves why they produce so much.

Do not compare their product with western companies, western companies are ahead no doubt about that, compare them to Indian. They are ahead of us in the same road, we have same goal. Thats all I want to say. I do not like abusing anyone.

dear friend it is not abusing anyone.....:cheers:
but it is necessary just to give some sense to these chinese fellow....:)

and about their products-- start from comparing Pulsar to Gulsar....:)

i agree with u but India just behind in total manufacturing capacity but When India builds a product it is of top quality and far better than what china makes...

quality wise chinese are far behind India.. and are also behind in Technology and Service Industry.. whats left is Manufacturing....Soon we will eclipse them in this also...:cheers:

So as and when India catches up in total manufacturing capacity also...India will march ahead like anything..

no doubt they are ahead in manufacturing... but that is only one thing India needs to catch up buddy(and is doing it right now....).. then China will be no match for India..

Last edited:
dear friend even i dont like to abuse anyone..:cheers:
but just to give some sense to these chinese fellow....:)

and about their products-- start from comparing Pulsar to Gulsar....:)
Just the point is India behind in total manufacturing capacity but When India builds a product it is of top quality and far better than what china makes...

quality wise chinese are far behind India.. and are also behind in Technology and Service Industry.. whats left is Manufacturing....Soon we will eclipse them in this also...:cheers:

So as and when India catches up in total manufacturing capacity also...India will march ahead like anything..

no doubt they are ahead in manufacturing... but that is only one thing India needs to catch up buddy(and is doing it right now....).. then China will be no match for India..

Easier said then done, companies will not move their industries without a reason. The only reason I think that comes to my mind is too many eggs in one basket.

gpit if you have it in you..

i challenge you to post on this forum the criteria($ earned per year below which a person is considered to be below poverty line) selected by your chinese govt to define poverty line..???

reason i asked for it: ur chinsese fellow are much much poor than ppl in India...UR chinese govt gives TOTALLY FALSE figures of poverty level of ur ppl....vast majority in China(far more than India) does not have food to eat...
as far India is concerned... in terms of Food and poverty India is anyday hands down better than China...China has extreme poverty than India, and is only hidden by false figures given bu ur chinese govt...

Last edited:
Easier said then done, companies will not move their industries without a reason. The only reason I think that comes to my mind is too many eggs in one basket.

yes buddy.. that is a challenge....but we are moving in the direction of Improving it which is great...and i know u will agree-- we have the ability to do what we want....:cheers:

gpit as some one pointed out India is a open book every one can have an independent survey about her..what about your country??tell me any credible survey link about your country's hungry chart and poor people other than the govt controled media??your government is afraid to face the reality and thats whyall these cover ups..let them make an independent survey then we can talk..til then you can make fun of any other country you like

If, instead of using your incredible guessing, you can bring out the fact that more than 2 mil children died a year in China, I will let the Chinese know, in their own web sites, in their own language.

If instead of using your incredible guessing, you can bring out the fact that China is covering up 2 mil child death a year in China, I will let the Chinese know, in their own web sites, in their own language.

I'm not making fun of you. The British paper is not making fun of you. It is your denial of fact that is making fun of you.

You are making big fun of you!

China is also an open book. But you don't care to read it. you read it through biased lens. That is not my problem.

crap removed..

China is also an open book. But you don't care to read it. you read it through biased lens. That is not my problem.

yes open book whose script is false... written by chinese govt, consisting of biggest lies.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom