What's new

India: a global hub for warship building

Nucelar subs are the only strategic assets. All surface fleets, including AAC, are tactical assets. In a time of nuclear war, all surface fleets are floating coffins. The aircraft carriers are for the show, the subs are for the dough.

Ships carrying nuclear cruise missiles or carriers with nuclear capable aircraft are also strategic weapons.

Ships carrying nuclear cruise missiles or carriers with nuclear capable aircraft are also strategic weapons.

yes, but they could easily be detected and sunk. I'm also talking about a conflict between US and USSR type of conflect, not US and somalia.

No, you are trolling.

There is nothing about the development of your warship building industry. It is an article full of propaganda.

For example, if the article is released/published under the context of a recent completed major warship for the india navy, then you can possibly argue it is about "development". tell me what you have in that article?

basically you are saying indian nationalist can keep posting such propaganda material while I can't just attack the material itself.

thanks for the very vivid demonstration of the indian style "freedom".

what is ur problem dude....why are u so afraid of INDIA....:rofl:..if u dont like it just ignore it....

and secondly what India makes is of better quality... than what ur china produces --low quality cheap stuff....so in future based upon its better quality and better technology India is going to be even furthur ahead of China than now.....n u will just look up and dream....India already far ahead of China in terms of quality....first match upto that....

it is if the father keeps telling other peoplehe wants his son to be a doctor.

no, keep telling other people that "he wants his son to be a doctor" or "he believes his son is going to be a doctor" matches perfectly being a propaganda.

again, as already said, you guys had too many dreams, time to wake up and do some hard work to change the life of yourself and your kids.

dont ask scChinese what he wants his son to be... he would say i know but i wont tell.....funny next time u should advise the chinese media to stop posting crap about their plans... coz its all propaganda..non sense....u r the right guy to correct those fools... :lol:

:mod:@Mods
please note this stuff from greg boy 2... he is trolling on all threads... he has posted this thing same thing about insas rifles on 3-4 times now on 3-4 current threads and is totally unrelated to topic of discussion on any thread(just repeating same thing when his mouth gets shut up or when he is left speechless..).....please take note of it.....request the mods to Stop these trolls before its too late for this thread also.......

:mod:
Let me show you whats crap your army boys been using for the last

few decades,(bullets imported from Israel)

Saddled with Insas, Army wants new AK-47s
Shishir Arya, TNN 7 September 2009,

NAGPUR: The indigenous 5.56x45mm Insas (Indian National Small Arms System) rifle has been the standard assault weapon for the Indian Army since the late 1990s. However, the jawans using it in counter-insurgency operations find it ineffective.

As part of the new Army doctrine, the gun is meant to incapacitate the enemy, rather than kill. Insas has a smaller calibre, which means it has less power. This is because — and it’s the official view — injuring an enemy can lead to enemy soldiers getting engaged in tending the wounded, thus yielding a tactical battlefield advantage.

The technocrats who interacted with soldiers in the forward areas were told that this theory does not work with terrorists who, apart from attacking in small numbers, are never bothered about evacuating their injured. Hence, the soldiers say, they want to shoot to kill, rather than maim.

The soldiers also spoke about practical difficulties in using Insas. It’s accurate but not as rugged as the AK-47 used by terrorists, they say. Also, its sling often snaps while firing, making it fall during manoeuvres. The sling also obstructs the rifle’s sight. But most of all, the size of the sling never took into account the bullet proof jacket worn by jawans. As a result, it falls short and is uncomfortable to hold. This hampers quick reaction. Insas also does not have a rapid fire feature; it shoots only three rounds in a single burst.

‘‘The barrel overheats with continuous firing. The magazine cracks even on falling, which is common during action. Oil spillage while firing is also major trouble,’’ said a source quoting soldiers. ‘‘Zeroing (adjusting the sight for aim) has to be done each time the rifle is opened to clean or for any other reason. Lack of proper zeroing hampers the working of night vision device,’’ said the same source.

The total additional weight — around 40 kg with bulletproof jacket and signalling equipment — that a soldier carries is also a matter of concern, as is the colour of the rifle: they want it in brown which offers better camouflaging. On the positive side, Insas’s transparent magazine helps soldiers keep a count of bullets.

Former director general of infantry, Lt General Shanker Prasad, said Insas is antiquated and the Infantry needs a modern rifle. The Army has repeatedly asked for new assault weapons, but nothing has moved. It’s learnt that forces are now expecting new indigenously developed AK-47 rifle said to be an improvement on the original. :smitten::pakistan::china:
Saddled with Insas, Army wants new AK-47s - India - The Times of India

Last edited:

India is created all this in 63 Years while China......>2000 Years....

Incredible indeed!

Did you guys tell me the other day that you are more than 5000 years old? And Indians are mother of all Asians? :lol:

Africans are mother of the whole world. So what?

karat karat abhyaas ke, jadmat hoth Sujaan
rasri aavat jaat hai, sir par hot nisaan

Persistence makes even a dumb man intelligent, just like (even) a soft rope, when rubbed continuously on stone, makes a mark on it.

Well, it depends on what you persist. If you persist on talking, for instance, not working, a dumb man will surely become dumber.

Well, it depends on what you persist. If you persist on talking, for instance, not working, a dumb man will surely become dumber.

I really wonder how can someone treat India as a non working populace when India has made so much progress be it GDP , military or any other sphere of influence. Yes sometimes we do talk about somethings and arent able to achieve them but other times we say that we will reach the moon and we do.

As the saying goes...

Try for the moon and you will be among the stars...

650 million india do NOT have access to toliet.
half of all female can NOT read and write.
mumbai is like Shanghai in 1920. new delhi is like Beijing in 1950.
LCA and Arjun have been under tests for 30 years.
the roads used for national day parade is worse than a village road in China.
bank of india's web site was even not professional made by IT staff

As I said we try for somethings and achieve some of them for the part that we dont achieve , we keep on trying to achieve them.

As I said we try for somethings and achieve some of them for the part that we dont achieve , we keep on trying to achieve them.

ignoring the needs of 1 billion when spending billions of Mig-29? that a typical definition of anti-humanity.

I would give :tup: if you can spend billions to build toliet for your citizens, I will do the same if you spend billions to upgrade schools to teach more female students. but when you buy aircraft carriers, when you buy hundreds Mig-29s, there is really nothing impressive -- because 1) these are all foreign weapons built without any real input from india, 2) the total amount of $ is just a piece of cake for a nation (China) that has more than 2 trillion plus cash on hand.

ignoring the needs of 1 billion when spending billions of Mig-29? that a typical definition of anti-humanity.

I would give :tup: if you can spend billions to build toliet for your citizens, I will do the same if you spend billions to upgrade schools to teach more female students. but when you buy aircraft carriers, when you buy hundreds Mig-29s, there is really nothing impressive -- because 1) these are all foreign weapons built without any real input from india, 2) the total amount of $ is just a piece of cake for a nation (China) that has more than 2 trillion plus cash on hand.

You make me laugh so hard that I keep falling from my chair. I wonder if there are no poor people in China and if you agree that there are poor people in China then you should stop building all your jets and AC's and destroyers and god knows what all.

The simple point is that a nation needs to develop in all the areas. A nation which is not secure from external threats cant really excel in winning over its internal problems and vice versa. So development in both the areas is important. I can confidently say that India is much stronger militarily since 1947 and we have far fewer poor now then there were at the time of independence.

You make me laugh so hard that I keep falling from my chair. I wonder if there are no poor people in China and if you agree that there are poor people in China then you should stop building all your jets and AC's and destroyers and god knows what all.

there are , there are a lot of poor people. for that reason, we never:

1. operate any aircraft carrier.
2. buy hundreds of russian fighters.
3. buy thousands of russian tanks.

I can confidently say that India is much stronger militarily since 1947 and we have far fewer poor now then there were at the time of independence.

the strength of india and China was on a comparable level in the 1950s and 1960s. We then had a big mistake and had that 10 years long culture revolution, almost destroyed the whole nation.

but as of today, the end of 2009, our economy is 3 times of yours. why?

opened up later than us? oh, then we even do not have the open up, as of today, Chinese can't buy foreign shares, foreigners can't buy Chinese shares.

your fake democracy is killing your nation.

You make me laugh so hard that I keep falling from my chair.

May I suggest try a sofa next time?

I wonder if there are no poor people in China and if you agree that there are poor people in China then you should stop building all your jets and AC's and destroyers and god knows what all..

The key lies in the balance. As a far poorer nation, India has disporpotionally spent much more in arming herself to the teeth, and will continue to do so than it should, in order to punch above her weight. It's your own ppl who has been paying the price of few warmonger Indians!

The simple point is that a nation needs to develop in all the areas. A nation which is not secure from external threats cant really excel in winning over its internal problems and vice versa. So development in both the areas is important. I can confidently say that India is much stronger militarily since 1947 and we have far fewer poor now then there were at the time of independence.

There is a no point in any self-comparison. Even the poorest nation on earth has imporved a lot comparied to itself from decades ago. That doesn't give any confidence to outsiders cuz it's still the poorest. It is peer-comparison that matters. You Indians can keep feeding yourselves with your own self-glorified propangandas, still, while India grows stronger, other countries grow even far stronger!

What about Sukhoi Su-30 MKK and 10s of aircraft carriers which is under construction in China

Now i can understand how good is our fake democracy than your open communism

Well I don't know how good we are at warship building currently but definately we have lots of potential, we have the right man power, a big coast line and experience building destroyers, fridgates and even ACs, damn I see $$$s

the strength of india and China was on a comparable level in the 1950s and 1960s. We then had a big mistake and had that 10 years long culture revolution, almost destroyed the whole nation.

but as of today, the end of 2009, our economy is 3 times of yours. why?

opened up later than us? oh, then we even do not have the open up, as of today, Chinese can't buy foreign shares, foreigners can't buy Chinese shares.

*cough cough* *ahem ahem *

And the Jokes just keep on coming. You guys dont operate an AC because you dont have one!!! You guys are building one ( remember). So tell me shchinese if you have poor people in your country why are you building an AC? You dont buy any military stuff from outside because your govt. can create some of the stuff by itself but that hardware also costs money. You see its not that someone buys it or the other manufactures it. My simple point is that why spend money on it.

Most importantly , you guys spent so much money on building nukes when China wasnt doing well and had loads of poor people ( I beleive somewhere in 60's I guess) then why did you do that? At that time your economy was struggling yet you spent so much money on building military hardware. Why Shchinese Why? Explain that to me.

Back
Top Bottom