What's new

India 2025: What kind of superpower

Will never happen, if you could reduce population then maybe in 50-60 years your average person wont be in poverty, but the likely scenario..population continues to increase rapidly and makes wealth equality impossible due to the poorer people usually popping out the most kids who will also be destitute.

I doubt India will be a superpower that soon. Maybe by 2060-70, but not any sooner. India still has a huge mess to clean up.

I doubt India will be a superpower that soon. Maybe by 2060-70, but not any sooner. India still has a huge mess to clean up.
China does it work, In 2 decades look at them in 80s and where they are presently. same goes to Pakistan if they grow at steady rate of 5-6% they can become a trillion dollars economy by 2025

China does it work, In 2 decades look at them in 80s and where they are presently. same goes to Pakistan if they grow at steady rate of 5-6% they can become a trillion dollars economy by 2025
A trillion dollar economy with a huge population isnt a great achievement, spreading the wealth so that not just people in good city jobs and businessmen are living the good life would be a great achievement. Wealth equality is an issue every country faces but the difference between an average poorer person in Europe compared to India and to an extent even China is massive and thats where the problem will lie, a poor person in the UK can still go on holiday to Europe and buy new goods every year but when you have such a huge population how are things equally spread out.

To many people to feed and too few "good" jobs to provide, not everyone in the UK can have a good job but you can get an ok job with a bit of hard work that will eventually allow you to buy your own property/vehicle etc and provide for your family, even if its a struggle. What about the working poor in India, are they forever lost? it seems far to big of an issue that can be completed in a generation or two and I hope its overcome before 2050 but I am doubtful.

It seems that alot of mindsets need to be changed, people bathing in rivers, an extended family all living in one small house etc is just not a way of life that people should have to endure and its mainly for financial reasons of course but there must be a certain "rural" mindset which worsens these situations, people should have all the necessary utilities at home but the problems above can hardly be overcome anytime soon due to the massive amounts of money needed to be piled in to make affordable housing for people wishing to go it alone, for people in poor villages to have electricity/plumbing etc. I know India in general isnt that bad and im not sure of the numbers but the rural villages and slums which need hard work to bring in line with the rest of the country must have many many millions if not tens/hundreds of millions of people who are in poverty and wealthy nations have these problems also but on a much tinier scale and after decades of trying still cant overcome them.

India is/will be a huge economy but there will always be a huge amount of people who are so much worse off than their wealthy counterparts that its crazy.

Back
Top Bottom