What's new

Incredible India In Chinese Media

We have been through this before, but that was long after you posted this. Merely for the sake of the record, may I reiterate the following?

Both Hindu and India came from the word Indus, as in the Indus River. This is correct; however, it is misleading to state that the name Indus exists as in the Indus River, seeming to claim that there were other uses of the word 'Indus'. This is not true. The only use of the name Indus was for the River; it is necessary to reiterate this to prevent some rambling post claiming that the name was available earlier, and was significant in some ways.

I think you will have to save this comment.. You might wanna use it in the future also.. CD is not going to contain the claim in this thread..You will see the same comment in many future and present threads.

I think you will have to save this comment.. You might wanna use it in the future also.. CD is not going to contain the claim in this thread..You will see the same comment in many future and present threads.

Let us cross that bridge later. I think he has been severely provoked by two of our home-grown idiots, and is reacting - badly.

Let us cross that bridge later. I think he has been severely provoked by two of our home-grown idiots, and is reacting - badly.

True!! but bit tired of reading the same old arguments again and again like a broken tape recorder!!

Both "Hindu" and "India" came from the word Indus, as in the Indus River.

Which exists almost entirely in modern day Pakistan.

These two concepts were created based on the name of a river in BRITISH INDIA. What were they before that? Nothing but a bunch of individual kingdoms and beliefs artificially tied together by these new labels.

They were new creations that were named after the Indus River, same with Red Indians and West Indians. It was just a name that the British Empire liked to throw around, even applying it to people halfway across the world with no connection to the subcontinent.

First, what were these new creations that were named after the Indus River? There are flourishing kingdoms and states which date back to before the Christian Era which were identified as Indian, entirely by people of the west and the near east, not by
Indians or other Asians.

It was certainly not the case that Red Indians were named after the river Indus. It was certainly not the case that the West Indians were named after the river Indus. It was not even the case that they were named so by the British.

The last para of your comment simply has no basis in fact. Where did you dig out that information?

True!! but bit tired of reading the same old arguments again and again like a broken tape recorder!!

I blame the morons who started insulting him and every other Chinese with their frothy-mouthed hysterics.

Tell us which Chinese culture is related to India??? Actually without us, you are probably still in dark age.

Rice was first cultivated in China. Food is the mother of all cultures. I also read a few articles recently, like earliest pottery discovered in China, earliest wine discovered in China etc. Except the backwards Buddhism, do you guys have any contribution to the world?

Yes, lots. In religion and philosophy, in art and literature, in the performing arts, in architecture, in sculpture, in music, in textile, in pottery, in gold and silver work; in science, in technology, in seafaring, in trading and merchandising, in law, in administration, in agricultural management, in irrigation, in road works, in warfare, in weapons development, in strategic thinking, in statecraft...the list goes on.

Do you expect an answer to your one-sentence supercilious question?

Buddha was born in Nepal.

Lumbini to be precise. :wave:

Would you like to read about this issue before commenting?

Buddha was born in Nepal, this is a fact. And Nepal was never a part of India. :wave:

And Hu Shih was an ambassador from the ROC (Taiwan), not from us.

No, he was born in Lumbini, but that was not Nepal then, Nepal never existed in its present form until the conquests of the Shahs. The parts of the Himalayas that comprise Nepal were part of the entity known to the west as India for millennia - not centuries - before that. Present day Nepal was created after the Shahs gave up Kumaon and Garhwal on the west, and Darjeeling on the east to the British Empire.

If you love your religion, why are you using it in an internet flame war to prove your "superiority" over another country?

Don't you guys respect your religion at all?

You guys are spewing delusional stuff about how "Hinduism ruled China". You are just asking for people to flame your religion when you guys say ridiculous stuff like that.

I agree with you. Those who respect their religion don't use them in this kind of knock-down and drag-out squabble that is going on. However, you can help.

Why don't you help?

We do not hate india or indians.

However, the way Indian politicians nowadays play China as its No.1 enemy. They think 1962 was all China's fault, not blaming themselves as the one who kept pushing westwards by inheriting the british colonists colony policies.

They were the victims of the colonists while they became colonists as soon as they became independent. What an irony.

Absolutely correct. I am agreeing with your view. In fact Indian also does not hate the Chinese people. But seeing here the post of people (from both Side), I am also dazed. In current also I have many Chinese friends with whom I talked every day on Skype & cell. I have never seen the hate from them. But here is all reverse.

As a matter of historical record, Chinese civilisation and culture are older than today's Indian civilisation and culture which traces its descent from Indo-Aryan times. I am not sure what these other references are supposed to mean.

Wrong mate Indian civilization is on par with Chinese civilization. India is a ocean of different faiths all put together to form Sub continent civilization and culture.

Wrong mate India civilization is on par with Chinese civilization. India is a ocean of different faiths all put together to form Sub continent civilization and culture.

We are talking about a dark age,just obscured images. No specific time of origin, only speculations.

However, the way Indian politicians nowadays play China as its No.1 enemy. They think 1962 was all China's fault, not blaming themselves as the one who kept pushing westwards by inheriting the british colonists colony policies.

They were the victims of the colonists while they became colonists as soon as they became independent. What an irony.

No hate thing but actually there be absolute dislike between the so different two kinds of people I should say,but this does not mean no interaction between them.

Oh please dont be so ignorant.. You Chinese were the ones who attacked Tibet and overan it... thne you were the ones who built Roads in Indian Akshai Chin in 1950s....

So you keep coming in to Indian terriroty and then blame India, what an Irony.

Also first you claim Indian lands of Akshai Chin and AP and then you declare India as colonist!! Those lands are always Indian territories, so China is the aggressor and the expansionist regime trying to claim Indian lands.

Also forget Akshai Chin and AP, China has a big colony in name of Tibet. China is the only country with such a big colony in today's world. China is the only true colonist left after the British. It is China which became a colonist soon after independence under the mafia ccp.

ignorant???

The whole world, including your india government, recognizes Tibet is an integrated part of China.

Who is the ignorant one???

Oh please dont be so ignorant.. You Chinese were the ones who attacked Tibet and overan it... thne you were the ones who built Roads in Indian Akshai Chin in 1950s....

Also first you claim Indian lands of Akshai Chin and AP and then you declare India as colonist!! Those lands are always Indian territories, so China is the aggressor and the expansionist regime trying to claim Indian lands.

Also forget Akshai Chin and AP, China has a big colony in name of Tibet. China is the only country with such a big colony in today's world. China is the only true colonist left after the British. It is China which became a colonist soon after independence under the mafia ccp.

Wrong mate Indian civilization is on par with Chinese civilization. India is a ocean of different faiths all put together to form Sub continent civilization and culture.

Older and on par are two different propositions. As you would recognise if you stopped to read, rather than relentlessly propagandising.

And don't call me mate. Not till you educate yourself and civilise yourself.

Try to get some facts correct.

Aksai Chin was never Indian. It was introduced into maps made for the Maharaja of Kashmir by a British geographer who wanted to curry favour with the Maharaja by expanding the claimed territory with a broad sweep to the east. There was no Indian presence, not even a British Indian presence, in Aksai Chin, ever. Nor historically, whatever the powers that ruled Kashmir, or the powers that ruled Ladakh.

Nehru's instructions to the MEA injected these false claims into our relationship with China.

A different set of circumstances governs Tawang, and only Tawang, on the eastern sector. There is no doubt that Tawang was Tibetan, and was 'accidentally' absorbed by India when realising the boundaries with Tibet on the east, in 1951.

Equally, there is no doubt that apart from Tawang, the rest of the eastern sector was purely outside Tibet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom