What's new

Incredible Bangladesh

Yes, you're right about her religion. After 71 she lived in Pakistan for some years but eventually moved to Bangladesh. Pakistan film industry went down the drain when Zia Ul Haq took over.

Shabnam is not hindu either, she is buddhist, her real name is Jharna. She worked till 1996 in Pakistani film industry and then moved to Bangladesh...

She has the longest run of any film heroine in the Pak film history.. 30 + years.. she got really annoying in her later years lol! :rofl:

Shabnam is not hindu either, she is buddhist, her real name is Jharna. She worked till 1996 in Pakistani film industry and then moved to Bangladesh...

She has the longest run of any film heroine in the Pak film history.. 30 + years.. she got really annoying in her later years lol! :rofl:

Shabnam ((Bengali: শবনম, Urdu: شبنم) from the word meaning dew drops on the flowers) is a Pakistani actress from the former East Pakistan now Bangladesh. Shabnam who is hindu was active in the Pakistani film industry in the the early 1960s and 1970s and in the Bangladeshi film industry in the 1990s. Born in Dhaka, East Bengal (now Bangladesh), she was considered a versatile, romantic and popular actress of the then East Pakistan and later Bangladesh.

Shabnam is actually her film-name. Her real name is Jharna Basak (Bengali: ঝর্ণা বসাক). Her father is the well known Nani Basak, the Scout master and football referee from Dhaka. Shabnam is married to Robin Ghosh, a well known music composer.

She shot to fame with the hit Bengali film "Harano Din" 1961 and attained all Pakistan stardom with the box office Urdu hit "Chanda" 1962. Both the films were produced from Dhaka.

This is what I found. Anyhow it doesn't matter who she was, the only things matter is her acting. She was incredible and gave a list of hit movies alongwith Nadeem.

My fav. movie was Aaina.

This is what I found. Anyhow it doesn't matter who she was, the only things matter is her acting. She was incredible and gave a list of hit movies alongwith Nadeem.

My fav. movie was Aaina.

I read about her in some magazines that she is Buddhist.. whatever is written in wikipedia is not entirely true.. Anywayz, doesnt matter what her religion was...

I like her in old black n white movies when she used to look "fresh"... but playing heroine part for 30+ years really got on some people nerves..

Long time ago, when I visited our Kaptai Lake in the Chittagong Hill Tracts, I met one fellow from Punjab in Pakistan. He told me that Kaptai hilly areas are almost as beautiful as Muree in west Pakistan except that the former is hot and humid and the latter is cool. He liked Kaptai so much that he went there again the next day from Chittagong.

How about Swat in Pakistan? Pathans are proud of this place. I think it has a lot of greeneries. Or, is it also formed of hard mountains. In case of Bangladesh, the entire country is lush green. Hilly areas consist of 15% of the total land area.

We do not have deserts, but, thanks to India, some part in our middle-west is turning to be the landscape of a desert. Ganges water is limited there by Farakka barrage. We must thank India for allowing us to see partially what Rajstan or sindh desert is.

thank you for your answer, had to wait a long time for any answer to my question. bengal is famous for greenery no question. i dont remember the king, i think its siraj ud dawla, i am not sure???? but he left his throne and gave it to his son to live a peaceful life in bengal which he described as the heaven.

It's surpised the hell out of me but

Is hassan Jahangir bangaldeshi(east pakistan) origin? He speak Bangla. He had called other day on a live show from pakistan.

Is hassan Jahangir bangaldeshi(east pakistan) origin? He speak Bangla. He had called other day on a live show from pakistan.

Im not quite too sure. I wouldn't be surprised even if he were to have Banagali roots. We all have histories; my Dada Jee (grandfather) was originally from Dehli. We moved to Jammu and Kashmir during the partition and then eventually moved to Lahore. I and my father were born in Lahore, but all our assets and things were left in India.

Hassan Jahangir is indeed of Bangali origin and speaks fluent Bangla. He has sung Bangla songs as well. There's a strong Banglophone community in Karachi.

Who sang "hawa hawa" song (which is a plagiarized version of some arabic song :P).. I am quite sure he is Bengali.. so is Alamgir

Who sang "hawa hawa" song (which is a plagiarized version of some arabic song :P).. I am quite sure he is Bengali.. so is Alamgir

As a matter of fact. He called during Alamgir show. He visited bd recently:D

so was Shabana, Babita, Nasima Khan, Chitra Singha, Kabori, Rosy, Reshma, Rehman, Runa Laila, Shahnaz Begum, Firdausi Begum, Robin Ghosh, Muslehuddin and so on.. They contributed alot to our film industry .. :D

I am surprized you know all these people. I don't even know some of them listed above. :cry:

Runa laila made a mistake by leaving Pakistan. She would have been higher place if she stayed back though she is famous in BD. :)

I am surprized you know all these people. I don't even know some of them listed above. :cry:

Runa laila made a mistake by leaving Pakistan. She would have been higher place if she stayed back though she is famous in BD. :)

Deebo Bhattacharya (music director) was also Bengali, he composed the famous mujra for film Badaam..bare be murawat hain yeh husn waley sung by Suraiya Multanikar.

My favorite singer is Geeta Dutt (who was born in Faridpur district of present day Bangladesh).. she is the third most famous Indian female singer after Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.. You know her right? :D :D

My favorite singer is Geeta Dutt (who was born in Faridpur district of present day Bangladesh).. she is the third most famous Indian female singer after Lata Mangeshkar and Asha Bhosle.. You know her right? :D :D

Heard the name however you can draw your conclusion. :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom