What's new

In two years, Indian navy may lose sub-sea edge over Pakistan

Hey Hyperion,

Some engineering professors in "University of Lahore" studied Turkish engineering papers and regarded them as sub par compared to Pakistani engineering capabilities/research. I don't know what 'specifically' they were referring to.

What is your say?

Why doesn't government pin points the fields we require to master for national interests? Oh wait, never mind. This is just too hard for our government. Let them loot in peace for heaven's sake!!!

Pakistan is non-existent on the map of university/etc research in all fields. I know being Pakistani, you're going to disagree with that, but those are the facts.

Every researcher spends 3/4th of time in their first year of their phD reviewing the papers of those who went before them. I'm in that phase currently, I haven't read a single Pakistani paper on literally, anything. And nobody sends their papers to Pakistan review, my supervisor has sent me a Pakistani paper to look over that he's been asked to review. He can't be bothered mainly because till date none of the cheques they've sent him have come through. This is true for many countries, not just Pakistan.

That being said Indian research is not too much better, I read 3 material sciences papers (not theses) from some university in Punjab, all 3 were essentially identical, the only difference being was that they changed the composition of the material from 2.5% carbon in steps of 0.3% to 3.1% and measured the properties of each. I couldn't believe they actually got that shit published.

Pakistan is non-existent on the map of university/etc research in all fields. I know being Pakistani, you're going to disagree with that, but those are the facts.

Every researcher spends 3/4th of time in their first year of their phD reviewing the papers of those who went before them. I'm in that phase currently, I haven't read a single Pakistani paper on literally, anything. And nobody sends their papers to Pakistan review, my supervisor has sent me a Pakistani paper to look over that he's been asked to review. He can't be bothered mainly because till date none of the cheques they've sent him have come through. This is true for many countries, not just Pakistan.

That being said Indian research is not too much better, I read 3 material sciences papers (not theses) from some university in Punjab, all 3 were essentially identical, the only difference being was that they changed the composition of the material from 2.5% carbon in steps of 0.3% to 3.1% and measured the properties of each. I couldn't believe they actually got that shit published.

Frankly my friend research in India also sucks. I am a reviewer for IEEE and IEE journals and when I review the papers submitted by indian institutions, I feel sad at the sorry state of it. You can see they are from IISc or IITs and with collaboration with ISRO or DRDO and 90% of times the quality of these papers are abysmal at best. Same is with Chinese institutes too. Be clear that I am not talking about Indian or Chinese authors as I have read brilliant papers from them albit from US/UK/Eu universities. As I said few of them are good but only few. As far as IEEE/IEE journal concerns, I am yet to see the paper from pakistani institute in antennas, microwaves or in metamaterials. I am sure there will be many but i haven't see one.

I don't disagree with you dude.

That is why I was surprised when I heard that Pakistani Engineering Professors regarded Turkish engineering as sub par to Pakistani one.

Therefore I asked Hyperion about it.

BTW, what is your field of study, exactly?

I don't disagree with you dude.

That is why I was surprised when I heard that Pakistani Engineering Professors regarded Turkish engineering as sub par to Pakistani one.

Therefore I asked Hyperion about it.

BTW, what is your field of study, exactly?

Frankly my friend research in India also sucks. I am a reviewer for IEEE and IEE journals and when I review the papers submitted by indian institutions, I feel sad at the sorry state of it. You can see they are from IISc or IITs and with collaboration with ISRO or DRDO and 90% of times the quality of these papers are abysmal at best. Same is with Chinese institutes too. Be clear that I am not talking about Indian or Chinese authors as I have read brilliant papers from them albit from US/UK/Eu universities. As I said few of them are good but only few. As far as IEEE/IEE journal concerns, I am yet to see the paper from pakistani institute in antennas, microwaves or in metamaterials. I am sure there will be many but i haven't see one.

I know Brah, there are some gems once in a while, but usually it's just sad how even the worst papers that would be thrown out of contention in a Western country is published in India. Ref the last para in my post.

@AUz I'm doing my research on robotics, specifically reassembly robotics.

Dude I know Pakistani profs that are very good, that's not what I'm saying, in India and km assuming it's similar in Pakistan, universities are treated as degree factories, churning out idiots that don't know the first thing about applying their knowledge.

That ain't gonna happen people... There's no way in two years PN is going to get 6 subs from China from next year Scorpene is going to be inducted into IN with adding one each in 8 months and i think India's planning for the two subs off the shelf from France. Then our own Nuke subs 2nd one is launched and 3rd one is being built. and the Second Akula from Russia... There's no way IN is going to let PN beat IN in Sub Numbers.....
Pakistanis Don't rejoice plz

pakistan has only three real subs. india atleast 13 with and 2 nuclear subs by next year
so the statement is ridiculous.
however if most of india subs go for refit and they retire there german subs then the size of sub fleet may drop to 6/7 subs.
so only scenario pak sub fleet will exceed india if india does induct anything till 2020(i.e delay their scorpion by 5 years which isnt possible as already 2 subs in construction) , get their german and some old sub retired and Pakistan induct some how 4 subs by 2020 which is highly unlikely

the chance of this happening is less than 0.001%
so this is the accuracy of this report
NAVY more worried about china but that doesnt inspire politcal leaders as much as comparing heir situation with Pakistan

@ziaulislam ,You forgot to count our nuclear subs.
i did count two. one on lease other under sea trial. thats why the report is stupid. india wouldnt lose its upper hand vs pakistan. they would only become weaker against china.
even if india doesnt induct scorpion on time and retire the German subs before time it still has 9 kilo and two nuke subs vs pakistan only 3 AIP plus 2 old subs

How will you get anything good? My nephew, who is just in the first year of engineering went and won an international robotics competition. The engineering college, failed him because he did not have attendance, since he was busy doing things which his 4th year college mates could not do. He wanted to stay back in India and do research and work. Now he is no longer interested. Bunch of idiot professors totally disillusioned him.

The accident on board Russian-built INS Sindhuratna comes at time when the Indian Navy is grappling with fast deteriorating underwater force levels.

The navy is projected to lose its sub-sea superiority against Pakistan over the next two years. Also, it is nowhere close to China in terms of its submarine fleet.

The Indian Navy currently operates 12 submarines. However, the “viable strength” of India’s submarine arm is much less, factoring in the operational availability of the boats.

By 2015, the force will be left with merely five to six submarines as it begins phasing out the Russian Kilo-class and German HDW Type 209 submarines.

The size of India’s submarine fleet will roughly be the same as that of the Pakistani Navy in two years. The Pakistan Navy has a fleet of five to six submarines.

China currently operates more than 50 submarines and has chalked out plans to build 15 additional Yuan-class attack submarines.

Even as China scales up its underwater capabilities swiftly, Indian navy’s submarine force levels would be at its lowest in history by 2015, as reported by HT last April, quoting from a confidential defence ministry report. The report had then warned India had “never before been poised in such a vulnerable situation” and the undersea force levels were “at a highly precarious state.”

“As this critical (undersea) capability is eroded, there is an inverse increase in both capability and strength of the Chinese and Pakistani navies,” the report warned. Six Scorpene submarines are currently being built at the Mazagon Dock Ltd in Mumbai with technology from French firm DCNS under a Rs. 23,562-crore project codenamed P-75. But the first of these boats will not be ready before 2016-17.

In the wake of the recent accidents, the defence ministry may ask the navy to carry out a “safety stand-down,” a designated time for crews to focus on safety-related matters and training to deal with the daunting challenge of reducing mishaps.

In two years, Indian navy may lose sub-sea edge over Pakistan - Hindustan Times
Shoddy journalism.
What about antique Augusta 70 which PN operate & Pak economy would be in this condition they we could get delivery of P-75I subs when they get hand in 6 SSKs from China.
I am not counting SSBN & SSN in it.

Just in case you people needed reminding what the indians are building now themselves INS CHAKRA nuclear powered inden gious sub

getimage.dll

Sorry i made mistake this is the AKULA class from Russia that indian leased for 20 years

This is the Arihant class nuclear

BEST COLLECTIONS: INS Arihant-India's nuclear submarine

Last edited:
we need to enhance our naval capabilities.

pakistan is a small kid but wat about china? how will we take care of them.

Back
Top Bottom