What's new

In Islamabad, it’s always the Year of the Pig

In souther Punjab they cross over from India, and farmers are still given money by the town or village for whoever kills them.

Are these pigs or boars? There is a serious difference between the two species despite both being related. If its an localized invasion of pigs yet can be tackled and dealt with, if boars we have a serious problem on our hand and people's lives are endangered. Boars are very aggressive animals and have tusks they will charge at people an destroy whatever is in their path. As far as I know boars and pigs do not roam together so I was ruling out a mixture of both. The article uses pigs and boars interchangbly so I'm not sure...

A trained squadron of hunters should be deployed to hunt these animals down, they are no benefit to the ecosystem and most likely causing problems.

Does anyone have any photos or videos of this activity in Islo?

Wild pigs in Islamabad:

PAKISTANPIGS-01_1324772820.jpg

Yeah that's a Eurasian boar, the ones in Pakistan are smaller than their counterparts in North Asia/Russia and Europe. Nonetheless, these boars pose a danger, they have to be dealt with. Besides it makes the capital look bad.

Wild Boars at Margala Hill.

I am open to the idea a few of you mentioned about capturing them, butchering them, and exporting the meat. Seems like a double win situation to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ I think a Czech company wanted to export boar meat from Sargodha about 10 years back but was denied the license

Boars, pigs, warthogs all the same to me

Be very thankful these are not warthogs, they are very fierce and aggressive animals. Warthogs will even fight and resist lions. They do not back down easily. They are also very powerful with their large tusks they could easily pierce through human flesh.

I would seriously suggest deploying national guard or police force in armored vehicles if a horde of warthogs invaded an urban area an all residents remain inside. Those animals are beast. You cannot say a pig is the same as a warthog.

That's like saying a small aquarium fish is the same as a shark. Or something to that effect.

Whats the matter u never seen fat cats and pigs in Islamabad.:whistle:

I know leopards are native to ISB

What I meant was you seriously want to introduce lions, jaguars, tigers to take care of Pigs ?

Who is going to take care of the Big cat problem them once they start roaming the streets ?

Wild Boars at Margala Hill.

I am open to the idea a few of you mentioned about capturing them, butchering them, and exporting the meat. Seems like a double win situation to me.

^^^ I think a Czech company wanted to export boar meat from Sargodha about 10 years back but was denied the license

And damaging the health of many people as wild animals are not hygenic for human consumption and could carry diseases..especually after the report about what was found in their intestines..it is evident that they dont have a sense of hygenic dining..

Last edited by a moderator:
I know leopards are native to ISB

What I meant was you seriously want to introduce lions, jaguars, tigers to take care of Pigs ?

Who is going to take care of the Big cat problem them once they start roaming the streets ?

brother i Meant Politicians

Back
Top Bottom