What's new

In India's power crisis, China sees a business opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
India still has a long way to go. Current energy generation is still inadequate to meet off-peak demand.

And it's ironic that distrust of the state power grid leads to Indian companies being prepared for blackouts with their backup generators. With the effect of the blackout lessened, the impetus for the government to change would be even less, until an even greater failure occurs.

As well, energy subsidization in India is a failed policy as it deters privatization with energy generation as unprofitable is it already is, with the state companies running in debt to operate.

Even with all the problems settled, the Chinese companies won't be able to get into the market. The politicians would be too fearful of the backlash by patriotic voters.

Well, if that was the case Chinese generator companies would have never made it to India in the first place.

If the product is cheap and reliable, then obviously it"ll find customers in India.

Well, if that was the case Chinese generator companies would have never made it to India in the first place.

If the product is cheap and reliable, then obviously it"ll find customers in India.

Selling backup generators and transmission equipment to private companies is one thing, but letting Chinese companies build power plants for India and beating Indian companies in cost is probably a step too far. The cost doesn't matter if the government and the public sees the issue as a matter of nationalism.

Fact:
Even western media believes India supah power talk is a bunch of bull but they act like listening to it just to oil the business wheel and milk the cow.
That's because India is not ready to allow Walmart and other retail sector companies into India.....and untill we don't allow their retail chains into India.....we will have to bear with these kind of negative articles on India...

On Topic--Indian Govt should impose heavy import duties on Chineese Equipments and additional incentives should given to the companies who are using Indian Equipments.....You can't let them kill your domestic industry.....

still my view that if I were the Chinese I won't be happy to help a foe to boost her infrastructure. In long term it's harming China's own strategic interest.

still my view that if I were the Chinese I won't be happy to help a foe to boost her infrastructure. In long term it's harming China's own strategic interest.

We don't require them :azn:

Selling backup generators and transmission equipment to private companies is one thing, but letting Chinese companies build power plants for India and beating Indian companies in cost is probably a step too far. The cost doesn't matter if the government and the public sees the issue as a matter of nationalism.

I think its more to do with suspicision rather than nationalism.

Yes! India won't allow Chinese investment in areas of strategic or cirtical importance to the nation.

No need for Chinese , India had already investing in Nuclear energy to meet future demands, It is funny that the same China which opposed the civilian nuclear deal between US and India is saying these words.

The Power grid failure also happened in US, Indians restored the grid in less time than US.

thanks for info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom