What's new

Imran slams hero’s welcome for Qadri

Imran Khan has shown the same views as Musharraf did when he first came into power except that Musharraf got bogged down due to the war next door and couldn't fulfill all his promises.
Anyways, good to be hearing this from Imran. Hopefully his party will do well in the next elections.

Many liberals like me are not with Taseers thoughts .

Well then don't call yourself a liberal. you my friend, are a moderate-conservative.

Secondly, Islam itself does not permit people killing other people on grounds of blasphemy. The Holy Prophet s.a.w never ordered killing ANYONE when they disrespected him. Remember Taif? Remember the conquest of Makkah and all the forgiveness? Remember the woman who used to abuse him every day? If you don't, read up and then think about the significance of these actions. What was he trying to teach us? Definitely not this. Not killing someone who 'hurts your sentiment'.

People rooting for the blasphemy law are just ignorant and don't know that it was put in place by Zia. Yes, it is a man-made law, not divine.

Unfortunately, Pakistanis always want some 'muft ka sawab' and support anything that is 'supposedly' Islamic. No one thinks and if you question religion, you are either a Kaafir, Munafiq or my personal favourite 'waajib-ul-qatl'.

What a joke we Pakistanis have become in the eyes of the world.

Shameless murderous jokers completely out of sync with Islamic history, values and critical thinking.

FYI - Taking law into your own hands is also not permitted in Islam and is in-fact a severe crime.

FYI i would rather have Imran Khan over this corrupt gov in Pakistan that has no control and is seen as a puppet gov!

I am not sayin that ur current government is good ...but i find Imran Khan will not be able to make the kind of impact required..... Mussharaf will be ...coz this time he will not have the burden of the dictariship tag on him...

:coffee:

Imran slams hero’s welcome for Qadri

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan condemned Malik Mumtaz Qadri’s, the man who gunned down Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer, reception as a hero on the premises of the Anti Terrorism Court, Rawalpindi.

“Extremism and radicalism have penetrated our society deeply,” he said, adding that it is especially harmful for youths.

While talking to The Express Tribune via phone, he said our society has become polarised. It is highly condemnable that everyone fulfills their wishes as they see fit, he said. “Elements like Qadri are under the impression that Islam is under threat and act accordingly,” he added.

“Salmaan Taseer never demanded that the blasphemy laws be repealed; rather he spoke against their misuse. He was gunned down because of the misperception that he is anti-Islamic and anti-blasphemy laws,” Imran Khan said

Anti-Islamic perceptions developed after the war on terror by USA, he said, adding that suicide attacks against the government occur because of polarisation in society which has fostered the thought that the government is working with the US and is anti-Islam.

He said tribal elders and ANP leaders, who announced their support for Pakistan, have also been blown-up in suicide attacks since they too were perceived as anti-Islam. Due to polarisation in society, people like Faisal Shahzad have attacked the US since they view America’s war on terror as a threat to Islam.

The government is perceived as a puppet being run by anti-Islamic forces, the PTI chief said. A credible government is essential in order to eradicate radicalisation and extremism. The government will stop being perceived as anti-Islamic if the war on terror would end, he added.

Qadri’s action has created fear in society, Khan said, adding that Qadri should have followed the law but since he did not, he should be treated like any other murderer.

Published in The Express Tribune, January 10th, 2011.

Imran slams hero?s welcome for Qadri – The Express Tribune

Gosh someone in Pakistan has guts to speak against this incidence. Will you vote for him?

Well then don't call yourself a liberal. you my friend, are a moderate-conservative.

Secondly, Islam itself does not permit people killing other people on grounds of blasphemy. The Holy Prophet s.a.w never ordered killing ANYONE when they disrespected him. Remember Taif? Remember the conquest of Makkah and all the forgiveness? Remember the woman who used to abuse him every day? If you don't, read up and then think about the significance of these actions. What was he trying to teach us? Definitely not this. Not killing someone who 'hurts your sentiment'.

People rooting for the blasphemy law are just ignorant and don't know that it was put in place by Zia. Yes, it is a man-made law, not divine.

Unfortunately, Pakistanis always want some 'muft ka sawab' and support anything that is 'supposedly' Islamic. No one thinks and if you question religion, you are either a Kaafir, Munafiq or my personal favourite 'waajib-ul-qatl'.

What a joke we Pakistanis have become in the eyes of the world.

Shameless murderous jokers completely out of sync with Islamic history, values and critical thinking.

FYI - Taking law into your own hands is also not permitted in Islam and is in-fact a severe crime.

There is no divine law. All laws have been created by men to seek power over others. They have been draped with divinity so that no one questions them.

The same is the case with the blasphemy law, the very fact that it deals with insult to divinity, makes it a divine law. Hence, questioning it is same as questioning divinity itself. As a result, you are fit to be murdered.

After a lot of introspection I am now an atheist. When I see the world around me today, I can't seem to find a single instance when religion has played a positive role in shaping society :(

Once again, Imran proves he is the man for the job.

He does not want to shoot every mullah on sight, and neither does he want to sell out to the US or Saudi Arabia.

He has street cred on both sides of the aisle and has the best chance of bringing the country together and forming a consensus.

A true centrist and a true patriot putting Pakistan first. :pakistan:

Crises in a country are not due to the violence of bad people, it's due to the silence of good people and I believe, if every good person in Pakistan raise their voices - things can get into the right direction towards the right destination and that's the only way to shut any of these violent goons.

Very stupid move by Imran. Everyone know he holds liberal and right views. But by saying this publicly he has endangered his own life. I am kind of his fan. I hope pakistan doesn't lose its "Last Hope".

Better way was he comes to power by impressing people upon policies needed and than works upon changing mindset of people by spread of RIGHT education among masses.

the problem with pakistan is POLARIZATION! one side is too liberal (but only in words and not in their ideology or progressiveness) the other side is too conservative in its approach towards "islam"

both sides are extremists and both sides are wrong! as a nation & society we are hypocrites! no one walks the middle path!

May Allah keep Imran Khan in his protection. After this, if God Forbid something happens to him, it will be the start of a civil war between the Mullahs and the people who are fed up of them.

Back
Top Bottom