What's new

Images of Indonesia

Jakarta

jakartaatmorningstitche.jpg

jakartaatdawnediteduplo.jpg

Cmon man. this is Bombay. Its so so similar. infact i wud say its just same.

Bombay

4792653509_63572a8895.jpg

scaled.php

3975270500_930d012095_z.jpg

Just trying to compare Jakarta with Bombay. Its just Twin. :)

^^ come on warrior.. Its totally unnecessary. it will invite trolling and will spoil the thread. Please

your inferiority complex has reached from comparing bombay (mumbai) from london new york to jakarta

:lol:

no yaar, Be factual. I personally never compared Bombay to London or NY. Even if Indians do, its onlt some small part of Bombay which looks like these cities.

I am saying so coz Bombay is very similar to Jakarta holistically. Both have equal amount of slums, Skyscrapers, Crowd, etc

I am saying so coz Bombay is very similar to Jakarta holistically. Both have equal amount of slums, Skyscrapers, Crowd, etc

It's interesting that you raise the issue of slums. I don't know much about Bombay, but according to the latest report, there are less than 20% of Jakarta's population live in slum areas and the number of it have decreased significantly thanks to the proactive efforts of the Jakarta govt :)

Some efforts like this one
This year, Over 14 thousand Jakarta slum dweller families to be relocated
A total of 14,075 families living in slums on the banks of the Ciliwung river in Jakarta are to be relocated to low-cost flats under a government urban revitalization plan, a social ministry official said.

The revitalization plan was to be carried out over a three-year period during which the people`s housing ministry was expected to build 29 low-cost flat towers capable of accommodating 34,051 families currently living on the banks of the Ciliwung river in the Indonesian capital.
Antara News : Over 14 thousand Jakarta slum dweller families to be relocated

Even slums tourism has become a new attraction in Jakarta, I hope you can come here and enjoy it before it disappear for good. FYI, the govt is targeting an almost 0 per cent of slums to be achieved by 2020 :)

'Slum tourism' walks a fine line
TOURISTS visiting Jakarta's slums to see how locals really live have been accused of "poverty tourism".

"I decided to experience the real Jakarta," said a tourist, stepping gingerly between puddles of putrid water and a scurrying rat in a scene that would never make a postcard.

Rohaizad Abu Bakar, 28, a bank employee from Singapore, said he could not believe his eyes as he wandered around a Jakarta slum, a jumble of hundreds of shacks, some less than a metre from a railway line.

Nearby, a small girl picked up a discarded juice bottle in search of a sip while a man wearing tattered shorts lay slumped on a dirty old mattress. Only a blue plastic tarpaulin offered shelter from tropical downpours.

So-called "poverty tourism" is on the rise in Jakarta.
'Slum tourism' walks a fine line | thetelegraph.com.au

DSC04642.JPG

CILIWUNG+RIVER1.jpg

DSC08771.JPG

DSC06080.JPG

DSC06084.JPG

DSC08786.JPG

Even slums tourism has become a new attraction in Jakarta, I hope you can come here and enjoy it before it disappear for good. FYI, the govt is targeting an almost 0 per cent of slums to be achieved by 2020 :)

'Slum tourism' walks a fine line

'Slum tourism' walks a fine line | thetelegraph.com.au

Slum tourism is a bad thing,
the slum dwellers obtain revenues from it and then later become reluctant to leave the slums, even when Govt is offering them better conditions to live in.

Hope the slums are cleared in India and Indonesia ASAP.

JAKARTA FASHION WEEK

The Jakarta Fashion Week (JFW) is Indonesia’s definitive fashion event, held annually to showcase Indonesian fashion design talents as well as the progress of its burgeoning fashion and creative industry.

jakarta-fashion-week-2012.jpg

dr-d_19.jpg

132580_dewi-fashion-knights-di-penutupan-jakarta-fashion-week-2012.jpg

P9250048.jpg

6394395649_5d213f5b0a_b.jpg

_HON6393.JPG_cmyk.jpg

jfw2012_irna_mutiara-20111115-003-hendra.jpg

22992_large.jpg

SOLO BATIK CARNAVAL

Launched in 2008 in Solo City in the Central Java province of Indonesia, the Solo Batik Carnival is an annual celebration of Indonesian heritage. During the parade, models present elaborate, colorful costumes made from traditional batik cloth. Wearing the costumes, the presenters dance a traditional number in the streets while accompanied by music.

Indonesian batik, recognized by UNESCO as a Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity in 2009, is made using a manual wax-resist dyeing technique. Traditional colors such as dark brown, white, and indigo are representative of the three major Hindu gods. Those familiar with the patterns of batik can determine the royal lineage of a person based on the cloth he or she is wearing.

250611_SOLO_agoes10com.jpg

d91e_wpid-SBC.jpg

karnaval-batik-kreatif.jpg

Solo-Batik-Carnival.jpg

2012_06_30_10_34_06_zsolo4B.jpg

2012_06_30_10_35_00_zsolo1B.jpg

2012_06_30_10_34_27_zsolo3B.jpg

INDONESIA FASHION WEEK 2012

Indonesia Fashion Week 2012 is organized by the Indonesian Association of Fashion Designers and Businesses (Asosiasi Pengusaha dan Perancang Mode Indonesia/APPMI). The Indonesia Fashion Week 2012 aims to materialize the vision that Indonesia should become Asia’s Fashion Center by 2015 and one of the world’s top fashion center by 2025. :)

IFW_11.jpg

1182112013.jpg

5885525_orig.jpg

e829cd36411ce3817a95b367b23bc155.jpg

Thanks for those wonderful pictures Pirupiru. I've been to Indonesia many times, and I'd say for a fact, it's an amazing country to visit, the people are friendly and hospitable and the cuisine is awesome!!

Infact I think we need an Indonesian to start a thread showcasing the diversity of their cuisine. It would certainly be on the level of India or Pakistan.

Thanks once again mate and cheers to continued friendship between Singapore and Indonesia :)

Back
Top Bottom