What's new

Images : MiG-29 and MiG-29 UB fighters of Bangladesh Air Force

Yeah we'll definitely commite suicide for such a huge loss :lol:

Faarhan there is no rule that you can conduct an air exercise only with the countries whose stuff you use, its about learning and we could nice partners for that.:enjoy:

yeah okay. We bought chinese toys as they are cheap and china provide them with easy terms.. I do think china will not be happy if Bangladesh conducts exercise with india Yeah for china nothing to be worried about f7bg. But in future while selling Jf-17 and J-10 they will seriously consider this fact.
Yeah we'll definitely commite suicide for such a huge loss :lol:

Faarhan there is no rule that you can conduct an air exercise only with the countries whose stuff you use, its about learning and we could nice partners for that.:enjoy:

yeah okay. We bought chinese toys as they are cheap and china provide them with easy terms.. I do think china will not be happy if Bangladesh conducts exercise with india Yeah for china nothing to be worried about f7bg. But in future while selling Jf-17 and J-10 they will seriously consider this fact.

If that is your logic then IAF MiG-21 pilots actually trained Iraqi's on their F-7's and yet Chinese never stopped supplying them arms.

GB

2009-12-23__mt02.jpg

Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal SM Ziaur Rahman gives away the 'Chief of Air Staff's Trophy' to Squadron Leader Gaurav Karandikar of Indian Air Force for his best performance at award giving ceremony of No. 82 Junior Command and Staff Course of Bangladesh Air Force at CSTI at Dhaka Cantonment yesterday.

Date - 2009-12-23 Source - a Bangladeshi leading newspaper

The Daily Star - Photo Gallery
Training best weapon for a soldier

The certificate award ceremony of No. 86 Junior Command and Staff Course of Bangladesh Air Force was held at BAF Command and Staff Training Institute (CSTI) at Dhaka Cantonment today, Thursday (28-04-2011). Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal SM Ziaur Rahman attended the ceremony as chief guest and distributed certificates among the graduating officers.

Nineteen officers from Bangladesh Air Force, one officer each from Bangladesh Army, Indian Air Force and Sri Lanka Air Force attended the course.

Date - 28-April-2011. Source - Official website of Bangladesh Air Force.

[ BAF BASE KURMITOLA - BAF ]

GB

That's a training program, not a joint exercise. They do those all the time.

It'll be in India's benefit, it"ll speed up our modernization and military

Also,China is long way from achieving naval dominance in Bay of Bengal

That's what I meant, IN will never allow PLAN to enter the Bay of Bengal.

That's a training program, not a joint exercise. They do those all the time.

Your original post was
In regular army and commando training exercises, yes. For air force - no.

Now you say thats a training exercise and not joint excersice. First decide what you want so accordingly I can post.

GB

Not quite. We attended the RED FLAG with USAF using MKIs. The only request Russians made was not to activate the actual radar signal to get traced. What's more, while JF-17 or J-10 or whatever you buy might be Chinese, each customer wants their own customizations. For example, the Pakistanis wanted French avionics and mission computers, radars and stuff. Its a different thing that got blocked but let's focus here; you can practically have these jets totally revamped with Western avionics and get a totally new variant altogether. Thought that would shoot the pricetag upward.

Those who are wondering/questioning/criticizing the color scheme of BAF MiG-29's I have some inputs for them.

Even the beloved Myanmar Air Force MiG-29's have similar color scheme.

2708%20Mig29001.jpg

1300999.jpg

1280430.jpg

GB

no fly by wire but still one gem of a plane..

they dont have fly by wire system..?

Depends on the country and the version of the aircraft.

I doubt it. As you might know, Russian birds are very maintenance intensive, and therefore costly.

Wrong statement. Compared to US and European stuff Russian planes are less maintainance intensive and cost effective.

Apparently, the color scheme was chosen so that it is harder for the enemy to spot it in the sky.

Really???

The enemy Indian Air Force has BVR capability and AWACS on the top of that.

Myanmar has ordered 20 MiG-29 SMT's for that matter which will come with BVR capability.

Harder to spot in the sky for whom? The kite flyers?

GB

Wrong statement. Compared to US and European stuff Russian planes are less maintainance intensive and cost effective.
The MiG-29's flight cost per hour is $5,500. The F-16s flight cost/hour is $4,500-$5000. Gripen is $3,000.

The F-15 is $17,000/hr, however the SU-27's is nearly half. Both are of the same class.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ing-operating-fighters-its-effects-sales.html

Really???

The enemy Indian Air Force has BVR capability and AWACS on the top of that.

Myanmar has ordered 20 MiG-29 SMT's for that matter which will come with BVR capability.

Harder to spot in the sky for whom? The kite flyers?

GB

BAF MiG-29s are also BVR capable, but no AWACS support. I agree with your last point, and that was according to some officials, not me.

BAF MiG-29s are also BVR capable, but no AWACS support.

Link Sources proof please.

The MiG-29's flight cost per hour is $5,500. The F-16s flight cost/hour is $4,500-$5000. Gripen is $3,000.

The F-15 is $17,000/hr, however the SU-27's is nearly half. Both are of the same class.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ing-operating-fighters-its-effects-sales.html

A. For all this information there is no link/source. A member has opened a topic on this forum and most of the figures are estimates as costs changes on the model being operated and the country.

For example operating and maintaining MiGs in India is cheaper (due to infrastructure) than Bangladesh.

However when we will buy Typhoon or Rafael its going to be costlier compared to MiGs or Su-30MKI.

Same way for Malaysia it is cheaper to take training and maintainance from India for its Su-30MKM compared to Russia.

I was talking in General. Operating and maintaining Russian planes is cheaper compared to US or American stuff.

and that was according to some officials, not me.

Again you started pointing fingers towards someone else. When will you start taking ownership of your own statements?

GB

I always thought grey was the best colour for camo. Works well if the enemy is above you and below you. And it does a good job of blending into the distant haze. :undecided:

I always thought grey was the best colour for camo. Works well if the enemy is above you and below you. And it does a good job of blending into the distant haze. :undecided:

That is precisely why IAF has started painting all its aircrats in the light grey cammo.

GB

Link Sources proof please.

Bangladesh Air Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AFM Battlin for BD - PDFCast.org

A. For all this information there is no link/source. A member has opened a topic on this forum and most of the figures are estimates as costs changes on the model being operated and the country.

For example operating and maintaining MiGs in India is cheaper (due to infrastructure) than Bangladesh.

However when we will buy Typhoon or Rafael its going to be costlier compared to MiGs or Su-30MKI.

Same way for Malaysia it is cheaper to take training and maintainance from India for its Su-30MKM compared to Russia.

I was talking in General. Operating and maintaining Russian planes is cheaper compared to US or American stuff.

???

From Bangladesh's point of view, yes those MiGs are maintenance intensive due to lack of infrastructure. However, that isn't necessarily the case of F-7s or A-5s.

Gripen is the cheapest to operate by comparison to other 4G aircraft. That is the reason why Thailand went for Gripens to complement with its F-16s.

Again you started pointing fingers towards someone else. When will you start taking ownership of your own statements?

GB

Read it somewhere.

Both the sources doesn't say anything about Bangladesh Air Force being BVR capable.

Just in case if you don't know what is BVR then please refer the below link.

Beyond-visual-range missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From Bangladesh's point of view, yes those MiGs are maintenance intensive due to lack of infrastructure. However, that isn't necessarily the case of F-7s or A-5s.

Again you are twisting your statements like you did earlier.

Your original statement was "I doubt it. As you might know, Russian birds are very maintenance intensive, and therefore costly."

You were talking about Russian aircraft in general to which I replied that Ruskie aircrafts are cheap in maintainance and cost effective compared to US and European aircraft.

Now you say from Bangladesh point of view and compare to Chinese oldies like F-7 and A/Q-5????

First make up your mind.

You have made it a standard operating procedure. The moment your statement is proven wrong you try to twist it to confuse the posters.
Read it somewhere.

Forum rule. If you make a claim provide a link/source all by yourself.

GB

Both the sources doesn't say anything about Bangladesh Air Force being BVR capable.

Just in case if you don't know what is BVR then please refer the below link.

Beyond-visual-range missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

R-27 (air-to-air missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems like someone doesn't like to search by oneself other than being spoon fed :lol:

You were talking about Russian aircraft in general to which I replied that Ruskie aircrafts are cheap in maintainance and cost effective compared to US and European aircraft.

Neither are you providing any sources of the claim.

Now you say from Bangladesh point of view and compare to Chinese oldies like F-7 and A/Q-5????

The F-7BGs are relatively new. And yes, they are cheap to operate.

And if the MiG-35 is cheap and cheap to operate, why go for European birds? It comes with AESA along with reduced RCS, greater payload compared to the MiG-29 and highly maneuverable.

R-27 (air-to-air missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Seems like someone doesn't like to search by oneself other than being spoon fed :lol:

The versions of R-27's that BAF uses none of them are BVR.

Check your very own wikipedia link it has stated the versions and their ranges.

And if the MiG-35 is cheap and cheap to operate, why go for European birds? It comes with AESA along with reduced RCS, greater payload compared to the MiG-29 and highly maneuverable.

I never said IAF wants to operate aircrafts which are cheap to operate/maintain.

You are once again twisting the statements.

GB

Back
Top Bottom