What's new

I'm Being Held Hostage By Chinese Factory Workers

what would you do if you read the article one day and found out, only 30 workers got laid off, well compensated. But the rest thought they were also getting laid off ( rumor) and took him hostage- when none of them were getting laid off...
Wait a sec...!!! You are asking that these guys actually take time and READ the story...???

American Boss: I'm Being Held Hostage By Chinese Factory Workers
An American executive said Monday he has been held hostage for four days at his medical supply plant in Beijing by scores of workers demanding severance packages like those given to 30 co-workers in a phased-out department.

Chip Starnes, 42, a co-owner of Coral Springs, Florida-based Specialty Medical Supplies, said local officials had visited the 10-year-old plant on the capital's outskirts and coerced him into signing agreements Saturday to meet the workers' demands even though he sought to make clear that the remaining 100 workers weren't being laid off.
How dare you, sirrah...!?!?!? How dare you, that by asking them to actually READ the story, deny them their right to poke US in the eye regardless of evidence and logical thought process...!?!?!? You, sir, are an offense to fools and dolts everywhere...!!! Repent, it is not too late.

you started this post with false sense that India is a better place for investors and workers. The reality is on the contrary. My first reply came to me naturally when I was thinking: what would happen if this was India his next destination? Those horrible work related things in India are not 'an incident', don't flatter yourself, India is among the worst countries to either work or invest in, and mostly due to your beloved but laughable laws.

you basically have too much sh$#%@^t on yourself to be condescending to others about hygiene.

it is apparent that you are void any intellect on this subject both from obviously not having read the article to your knowledge of a " democratic " country and its laws. Just another seditious Chinese in the US. Hostage taking does not equate to negotiations and murdering bosses ( as in the link I provided earlier is not exclusive to India). There is a reason why you guys do so poorly compared to Indian immigrants population in the US

an incident in India = that is the status quo there... but multiple incidents like this china, where even bosses get killed, is a-okay. got it

you started this post with false sense that India is a better place for investors and workers. The reality is on the contrary. My first reply came to me naturally when I was thinking: what would happen if this was India his next destination? Those horrible work related things in India are not 'an incident', don't flatter yourself, India is among the worst countries to either work or invest in, and mostly due to your beloved but laughable laws.

you basically have too much sh$#%@^t on yourself to be condescending to others about hygiene.

I started this post with no such comment seditious Chinese guy in america. It is when you took a swipe at India did I remind you that Laws in Democratic India would make hostage taking a crime , while it was looked the other away in China in this case. That is a fact you can't handle... you have enough of sh$$zit coming out of your mouth to make others constipated. India at it stage of GDP is attracting more FDI than china did when they were are the same GDP threshold

I am glad that I mentioned the Maruti Suziki case in the first place, which was not never intended to but seemed to have successfully destroyed your pathetic attempt to create another delusion based bashing thread, for which I am sure you are quite well-known on this forum. As for other fact related issues, I have no interest educating you kinda laughable narcissists, 'cause you cleverly avoided the 'temporary and unprotected Indian workforce' fact that I brought up. India was doing good but now needs a lot of serious improvement. you better go convince Walmart and other global companies that were denied access to the Indian market to believe whatever fairy tales you are singing.

I started this post with no such comment seditious Chinese guy in america. It is when you took a swipe at India did I remind you that Laws in Democratic India would make hostage taking a crime , while it was looked the other away in China in this case. That is a fact you can't handle... you have enough of sh$$zit coming out of your mouth to make others constipated. India at it stage of GDP is attracting more FDI than china did when they were are the same GDP threshold

I am glad that I mentioned the Maruti Suziki case in the first place, which was not never intended to but seemed to have successfully destroyed your pathetic attempt to create another delusion based bashing thread, for which I am sure you are quite well-known on this forum. As for other fact related issues, I have no interest educating you kinda laughable narcissists, 'cause you cleverly avoided the 'temporary and unprotected Indian workforce' fact that I brought up. India was doing good but now needs a lot of serious improvement. you better go convince Walmart and other global companies that were denied access to the Indian market to believe whatever fairy tales you are singing.

a whole lot of gibberish again from you, but you have agreed that you came in to take a swipe at India.

This was news in the US hence I posted it- now, your seditious ( Chinese) self could not tolerate that mother china was mentioned and you came unhinged.

Walmart was denied because there is law/bill that needed to pass at first. That bill passed finally called FDI in retail and wal marts of the world will now come rushing in happily- mind you the bill has nothing to do with labor laws. once again , you speak from the wrong opening without having knowledge about it.

As it stands , hostage taking is not negotiations nor would it be considered as such in India as it apparently considered in China.

you are asking for comparison, and the contrast is putting you(a troll Indian) to a very disadvantageous position, and you simply went into outrageous troll mode. Is the shame driving you crazy or what?

Walmart, despite having entered India thanks to the bill last year, is facing a difficult time doing business in India, this is to illustrate the investment environment. As for working conditions, I thought you won't be so bold to bring it up again. Anyway, not gonna waste any time on you trolls.

a whole lot of gibberish again from you, but you have agreed that you came in to take a swipe at India.

This was news in the US hence I posted it- now, your seditious ( Chinese) self could not tolerate that mother china was mentioned and you came unhinged.

Walmart was denied because there is law/bill that needed to pass at first. That bill passed finally called FDI in retail and wal marts of the world will now come rushing in happily- mind you the bill has nothing to do with labor laws. once again , you speak from the wrong opening without having knowledge about it.

As it stands , hostage taking is not negotiations nor would it be considered as such in India as it apparently considered in China.

you are asking for comparison, and the contrast is putting you(a troll Indian) to a very disadvantageous position, and you simply went into outrageous troll mode. Is the shame driving you crazy or what?

Walmart, despite having entered India thanks to the bill last year, is facing a difficult time doing business in India, this is to illustrate the investment environment. As for working conditions, I thought you won't be so bold to bring it up again. Anyway, not gonna waste any time on you trolls.

more gibberish from a seditious Chinese in america. working conditions were not the issue, you brought a criminal act as it being the status quo to be expected in India. No wonder you guys lag behind sorely vs. the Indian immigrant population in every achievement category in the US.

Walmart is not facing any issues that one does not come across when a new bill and new investment is put in place. the bill is only a few months old. Unlike you Chinese , in India they can't just pick an entire village or city residents and ship them under martial rule or create ghost towns. Walmart wont be loan sharked or blackmailed like they have been in china.

more gibberish from a seditious Chinese in america. working conditions were not the issue, you brought a criminal act as it being the status quo to be expected in India. No wonder you guys lag behind sorely vs. the Indian immigrant population in every achievement category in the US.

Why are you proud of doing good in the US, no matter how good you do, it's counted as an American achievement not Indian. So in the end your status is not raised.

I really don't get some people.

Why are you proud of doing good in the US, no matter how good you do, it's counted as an American achievement not Indian. So in the end your status is not raised.

I really don't get some people.

As it should be ... but and this maybe a new concept for you guys - when they do a study, they do it many times on the basis of demographics. And among immigrant population Indians beat the pants off the Chinese , they are not even close to the success of the Indian immigrant community

As it should be ... but and this maybe a new concept for you guys - when they do a study, they do it many times on the basis of demographics. And among immigrant population Indians beat the pants off the Chinese , they are not even close to the success of the Indian immigrant community

how does this in anyway answers my question, why you are proud of Indian American achievement which let's face it is American achievement.

Indian Americans can have a per capita of 100 million, won't change the fact Indians have per capita of less than 2000.

So once again, why are you proud of it?

how does this in anyway answers my question, why you are proud of Indian American achievement which let's face it is American achievement.

Indian Americans can have a per capita of 100 million, won't change the fact Indians have per capita of less than 2000.

So once again, why are you proud of it?

Certainly you are not that slow? read my reply above again. it's a personal achievement , the country did not hand the success to us citizens, it just gave everyone a level playing ground.

speaking of per capita, you are 2nd highest GDP and yet have 3rd world status. what has all that fudged up mostly GDP numbers got you?

But that's another topic. This one is about how Hostage taking is not breaking the law apparently in China

Certainly you are not that slow? read my reply above again. it's a personal achievement , the country did not hand the success to us citizens, it just gave everyone a level playing ground.

maybe I am, you are going to have to explain how this proves anything. Other than the crop of people that comes to NA is generally higher in India.

A local union official representing the workers in talks with Starnes, Chu Lixiang, said the workers were demanding the portion of their salaries yet to be paid and a "reasonable" level of compensation before leaving their jobs. Neither gave details on the amounts demanded.

Chu said Starnes hadn't paid the workers for two months. She said they feared the plant was closing and that he would run away without paying severance.

The other side of the story.

What kind of boss that didn't pay salary for two months? No wonder the workers are suspicious.

maybe I am, you are going to have to explain how this proves anything. Other than the crop of people that comes to NA is generally higher in India.

how can 3 generations deep be people that just come to america... but as I said separate topic . open it up , we can discuss.

Back
Top Bottom