What's new

Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh, a big problem: Government

K Roy broo, you asked for it!

----------------------------------

Mate listen, you can go fool someone else about the prosperity of Bangladesh, I have experienced it first hand. You can go ahead make fun of poor people, I think am better than that.

If you are ........then

Google: " India photos Chinese reactions ". Now click on the first link.

Cautions!

Awwwww... poor people... What's your point? Yes, of course we have slums? You guys are in denial (check the context of the discussion pal), not us. Give the dalits and poor muslims some space to breath , would ya?

Talking about poverty reduction, we have done pretty well in 40 years. NGO and society's still working on putting a smile on these people's faces. We don't have a class system - everyone shall have a fair chance at life eventually.

Most of the slums in Dhaka are vanished now. The slums i used to see in 90s are long gone. For instance BNP bosti in Agargaon gone. Bosti in Palashi kataban, 7 tola bosti etc the big ones are gone too. Now a days people prefer living in low cost housing I seen in Shamoli, Beri Badh etc. But there are bostis right by the rail track and all still there.

If you are..........then

Google: " India photos Chinese reactions ". Now click on the first link.

OMG,you should at least warn me during the month of Ramadan, I almost threw up. I honestly haven't seen any slum anywhere remotely close to this in Bangladesh. Why would any sane human being leave the slums we have here to go on and live there?

Posting one picture doesn't show the ground realities.

Urban_population_living_in_slums.svg

Slum:

30-40% in India
50-60% in Bangladesh.

Slum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Literacy:

India: 74.04%
Bangladesh: 53.5%

List of countries by literacy rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GDP:

India: 1.7 trillion [$1477 per capita] [10.36% growth]
Bangladesh: 100 billion [$609 per capita] [6.02% growth]

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of countries by real GDP growth rate (latest year) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Population density:

India: 368/km^2
Bangladesh: 988/km^2

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HDI [Human Development Index] [Shows standard of living]:

India: 0.519
Bangladesh: 0.469

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democracy Index:

India: 7.28
Bangladesh: 5.87

Democracy Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now tell me WHY would ANYONE in their right frame of mind would want to move to BD?

Plus I haven't even included other factors like stability of government, country, future economy predictions, women rights, rights of minorities. :)

Posting one picture doesn't show the ground realities.

Urban_population_living_in_slums.svg

Slum:

30-40% in India
50-60% in Bangladesh.

Slum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Literacy:

India: 74.04%
Bangladesh: 53.5%

List of countries by literacy rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

GDP:

India: 1.7 trillion [$1477 per capita] [10.36% growth]
Bangladesh: 100 billion [$609 per capita] [6.02% growth]

List of countries by GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
List of countries by real GDP growth rate (latest year) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Population density:

India: 368/km^2
Bangladesh: 988/km^2

List of sovereign states and dependent territories by population density - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HDI [Human Development Index] [Shows standard of living]:

India: 0.519
Bangladesh: 0.469

List of countries by Human Development Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Democracy Index:

India: 7.28
Bangladesh: 5.87

Democracy Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now tell me WHY would ANYONE in their right frame of mind would want to move to BD?

Plus I haven't even included other factors like stability of government, country, future economy predictions, women rights, rights of minorities. :)

30% of India's poverty will be the entire population of Bangladesh. According to wikipedia, "Poverty is widespread in India, with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor." India is a bigger economy than Bangladesh and therefore data is not valid for comparison within the two countries. Even singapore has GDP of around 250 billion dollars, therefore it worse off than India? The length your willing to go to give your brain a small orgasm is laughable.

30% of India's poverty will be the entire population of Bangladesh. According to wikipedia, "Poverty is widespread in India, with the nation estimated to have a third of the world's poor." India is a bigger economy than Bangladesh and therefore data is not valid for comparison within the two countries. Even singapore has GDP of around 250 billion dollars, therefore it worse off than India? The length your willing to go to give your brain a small orgasm is laughable.

This is where per capita GDP comes in.

India: [$1477 per capita] [10.36% growth]
Bangladesh: [$609 per capita] [6.02% growth]

[/B]

This is where per capita GDP comes in.

India: [$1477 per capita] [10.36% growth]
Bangladesh: [$609 per capita] [6.02% growth]

Maldives (Nominal): $5,841 (List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

You guys are insanely smart. :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

Indians in bd that also illegally is the most laughable.

Not only in BD. They're also in Pak, SL, Nepal, China and Myanmar. It's indeed laughable.

BD<INDIA<MALDIVES
means
BD<<Maldives.
Oh god,you are making fun of yourself!

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Maldives (Nominal): $5,841 (List of countries by GDP (nominal) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

You guys are insanely smart. :lol:[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Not only in BD. They\'re also in Pak, SL, Nepal, China and Myanmar. It\'s indeed laughable.
How do you know? You got some internal sources?:lol:
They won\'t leave the worlds 2nd fastest growing major economy to go to BS economies around :lol:

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

You guys are insanely smart. :lol:[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

[/COLOR]

Not only in BD. They\'re also in Pak, SL, Nepal, China and Myanmar. It\'s indeed laughable.
How do you know? You got some internal sources?:lol:
They won\'t leave the worlds 2nd fastest growing major economy to go to BS economies around :lol:

On Independence Day, I went to an NGO called Samriddhi Foundation for volunteering in the Independence Day celebrations. They teach underprivileged kids. Now, whats funny is that a quarter of a the kids and their parents were Bangladeshis. Even funnier is the fact that they carried with them Delhi Voter ID cards.

:rolleyes:

And the government says they are concerned. :disagree:

OMG,you should at least warn me during the month of Ramadan, I almost threw up. I honestly haven't seen any slum anywhere remotely close to this in Bangladesh. Why would any sane human being leave the slums we have here to go on and live there?

Sorry, when I googled, I also did not look at the screen even. I did not want to post that but that post was to shut Indian mouths.

Back
Top Bottom