What's new

Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh, a big problem: Government

Banana

BANNED
Reaction score
NEW DELHI: The government today said delay in identification of nationality of illegal immigrants by Bangladesh is causing problems in deportation from India.

"Delay in identification of nationality of illegal immigrants by Bangladesh High Commission is causing delay in deportation of illegal immigrants," Minister of State for Home Mullappally Ramachandran said in the Rajya Sabha.

He said the government has taken up the issue with the Bangladesh government.

Nearly 1.35 lakh people from Bangladesh without valid visa were intercepted since 2001 to June 30 this year, he said, replying to a debate on a private member's bill moved by Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi.

The minister said illegal immigrants from Bangladesh are a "big problem" and government is taking steps to deal with the issue.

Ramachandran said after issuance of UID (unique identification card) the country would be able to check illegal immigration.

He said the existing laws to tackle the problem are adequate. The Centre has asked the state government to implement these laws to check the problem, he added.

Earlier, Joshi alleged that illegal immigrants are providing weapons to terrorists carrying out attacks in different cities.

Ravishankar Prasad (BJP) said illegal immigration from Bangladesh is a threat to security, sanctity and defence of the country and should be stopped immediately.

After the assurance given by the Minister, Joshi withdrew the bill which sought to create a national commission for identification and deportation of illegal immigrants in the country.

Illegal immigrants from Bangladesh, a big problem: Government - The Economic Times

Fence isn't doing the job? Apparently the AL isn't very into addressing Indian interests, they only understand money :lol:

Fence isn't doing the job? Apparently the AL isn't very into addressing Indian interests, they only understand money :lol:

AL/Congress should implement an Illegal Immigrant Exchange Program. Then we can get rid of 35 million illegal indians in BD. They pose serious security threat by arming both the communist and islamic militants. - BD Economic Times

AL/Congress should implement an Illegal Immigrant Exchange Program. Then we can get rid of 35 million illegal indians in BD. They pose serious security threat by arming both the communist and islamic militants. - BD Economic Times

Bangladesh can take Congress in return for more 35 Million Illegals.

That is also Acceptable :lol:

Yes!

That explains Anna Hazare's mass appeal!

See, we told ya it had a foreign hand...

WOW! This is news.

And no offence but why would anyone want to go BD for? For better life? loool :P Sorry to laugh but it's true my friend. :)

And I'd like to see a source of this please.

Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WOW! This is news.

And no offence but why would anyone want to go BD for? For better life? loool :P Sorry to laugh but it's true my friend. :)

And I'd like to see a source of this please.

Illegal immigration in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I understand your point. I'm with you all the way! Why do those dumb indians come here when they can find heaven in Mumbai:
india_slum_child_delhi1.jpg

?

Hope you will hand them your Wikipedia links to impart some sense.

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

No one want to go to bd. Only terorists after comitting crime go to bd.

No wonder why there are indian terrorists all around. Check my first post here. :P You guys are a total breeding ground for radicals.

I understand your point. I\'m with you all the way! Why do those dumb indians come here when they can find heaven in Mumbai:
india_slum_child_delhi1.jpg

?

Hope you will hand them your Wikipedia links to impart some sense.[COLOR=\"Silver\"]

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

No wonder why there are indian terrorists all around. Check my first post here. :P You guys are a total breeding ground for radicals.

Dhaka:
Rialto-Bridge-Venice-Italy.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

i wouldn\'t like to post Dhaka and other BD cities pics..i don\'t want my day to go bad seeing those!

Dhaka:
Rialto-Bridge-Venice-Italy.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

i wouldn\'t like to post Dhaka and other BD cities pics..i don\'t want my day to go bad seeing those!

That's not quite Dhaka. Did you actually intend to post a picture of Ahsan Manzil of Dhaka:
473337284_f2b5c317ec.jpg

Or Dhanmondi Lake:
images

?

Oh you can start your day by looking at the slums next door! :lol:

Dhaka Slums:

dhaka_slums.jpg

kidsindhakaslum.jpg

Awwwww... poor people... What's your point? Yes, of course we have slums? You guys are in denial (check the context of the discussion pal), not us. Give the dalits and poor muslims some space to breath , would ya?

Talking about poverty reduction, we have done pretty well in 40 years. NGO and society's still working on putting a smile on these people's faces. We don't have a class system - everyone shall have a fair chance at life eventually.

Awwwww... poor people... What's your point? Yes, of course we have slums? You guys are in denial (check the context of the discussion pal), not us. Give the dalits and poor muslims some space to breath , would ya?

Talking about poverty reduction, we have done pretty well in 40 years. NGO and society's still working on putting a smile on these people's faces. We don't have a class system - everyone shall have a fair chance at life eventually.

I mean no offence at all, but compared to some of the slum pics I saw of India, the ones u posted seem like heaven.

ok images war begin again lolz .please yaar be honest when you write a post it will be very good idea .

K Roy broo, you asked for it!

----------------------------------

Slums separate Bombay from its future / Struggle over plans for redevelopment slows city's progress

Many Indian authorities here proudly claim this seaside metropolis -- the nation's largest -- as an Asian financial hub on par with Shanghai and Tokyo.

But critics quickly point out that India -- touted as an international powerhouse in the 21st century along with China -- will never become an economic success story until it eradicates its many urban slums. More than 40 million people, or 14 percent of the nonrural population, live in shantytowns, according to the 2001 Indian census.

ba_dharavi.jpg
Dharavi, Asia's largest slum, houses 600,000 of greater Bombay's 16.4 million residents. Plans to redevelop it face stiff opposition. Photo by Sudhin Thanawala, special to the Chronicle
Credit: Sudhin Thanawala

India, which has 1.1 billion people, is expected to expand its urban population to 575 million by 2030 from 285 million today, making an increase in slums one of the nation's most pressing problems. Urban blight is most evident in Bombay, more than half of whose 16.4 million inhabitants reside in shantytowns. Also known as Mumbai, Bombay is often called "Slumbai."

- Source: SFGate

Back
Top Bottom