on topic
only modernisation can save the army

on topic

on topic

The man should get himself a brain.

from the kirana store:rofl:

Whatever we like or not but we should support BJP now. They are better than congress and definitely we will feel more secure as now. Congress people are just jokers............ aaate hai rote hai, bolte hai, chiilate phir corruptions karne me busy ho jaate hai...

Needs to is different from being able to. If the electoral mandate requires one to share power with allies, then how much power one can wield will depend on how much support he/she requires. Imagining that someone will simply exert power by his/her personality independently of electoral arithmetic is delusion. Allies are not answerable to the PM in reality even though as members of the cabinet they ought to be. That simply reduces the leverage the PM will have over such ministers & opens government decisions to be nothing more than crude bargains all the time.

The ability of a leader to assert himself depend on his Courage, Power of Conviction, and Moral Authority.

Manmohan Singh has non of the above. Narendra Modi has all of the above.

In a fractured mandate, simple electoral arithmetic will define a Common Minimum Program which can be implemented by a strong leader. Everything else is hogwash.

Also to correct an earlier point .........Narendra Modi is not 'liked' he is Admired.

I don't agree with that part.

Anyone who closely follow Indian Politics, knows very well that all the opposition to govt. policies by the opposition parties are only at the surface.

All the committees of Parliament consists of members from all parties, how would have any law passed if the only goal of opposition would have been to JUST Oppose??

Infact, FDI in retail was first brought by NDA (they were even favoring 100% FDI) & this same congress was opposing it just like BJP now.

+ When NDA conducted Pokhran blasts it was MMS himself that opposed it in RS & when UPA-1 came they signed Indo-US nuke deal.

If Congress sits in opposition benches they will do exactly the same things that BJP is doing now.

Dont worry too much about that .....he is only setting up an early defence.

In the future when congress behaves badly ....he wants an opportunity to say I told you so and blame BJP for it ;). Its a game 'secular' Indians play.

Imagine if this kind of guys comes to power.... The sad part is This guy doesn't have the knowledge of PDF members...

As per the Indian Army new doctrine, India is preparing for a 2 front war. That would mean a definite increase in the number of Soldiers enough to take a strong defensive position along with ability to strike at 2 powerful nations at once.

There is already news that a new strike corp is being raised for Mountain warfare. That is only the first step.....it is obvious more strike corps have to be raised if we are planning to prepare for battle at two fronts. It is not a quick process ....but a rather long drawn out process. Rajnath Sing is just stating the obvious.

In any case the most easiest and efficient way for a poor nation with a large population to increase its military capacity is to increase the number of troops. ........ but apparently pdf members know more than serious career politicians. :rolleyes:

T
In a fractured mandate, simple electoral arithmetic will define a Common Minimum Program which can be implemented by a strong leader. Everything else is hogwash.

Common minimum programs are defined more by the "minimum" than the "common". Best of luck on that.
Dont worry too much about that .....he is only setting up an early defence.

In the future when congress behaves badly ....he wants an opportunity to say I told you so and blame BJP for it ;). Its a game 'secular' Indians play.

Like anyone is going to remember what was said in an internet forum & when? Move on and maybe you could learn to take people's opinions at what is actually enunciated rather than to look for manufactured reasons of why something might be said. My thinking is not exactly the mirror image of yours how ever much you may imagine it to be.

First lets solve the officer shortage and then brag about Increasing Army Size....

Vajpayee was a very different type of leader. He had no real equals. Kind of different from Narendra Modi who is at best. the first among equals within the BJP itself if not just one of them. Inspite of that vajpayee suceeded because of the power of his personality. Even hose who opposed him politically, liked & admired him personally. Modi is liked & despised equally. The opposition to him will be great. With a fractured mandate & the Congress refusing to play ball at all with the BJP(considering how the BJP has behaved), Modi will find it difficult to do anything that would help reinforce his strong leader image. Such sharply polarised politics will really hurt everyone.

agreed.

He was respected and had backing of all NDA allies due to his sober and secular image.

BJP doesn't have such leader now

Look like nobody here took him seriously :D

As I said before no need to increase the strength ( apart form the current Mountain struck corps ).
Modernisation should be the key. Provide good quality of BPJ and a primary weapon to each and every personal. And we are good.

What happened to the term "LEAN AND MEAN". Top political leaders of India should join PDF and should take true Indian members as their Advisors/Consultants.

Common minimum programs are defined more by the "minimum" than the "common". Best of luck on that.

:lol:........if that minimum include basic education, healthcare, food and water security and defence I am happy with what we get. Unless you want to imply such things will be unacceptable for NDA allies :disagree: ....good luck with your word play.

Like anyone is going to remember what was said in an internet forum & when? Move on and maybe you could learn to take people's opinions at what is actually enunciated rather than to look for manufactured reasons of why something might be said. My thinking is not exactly the mirror image of yours how ever much you may imagine it to be.

LOL.......'secular' Indians play games to convince themselves why BJP is not good ........you must be pretty desperate to think people take opinions on pdf seriously :cheesy:.....and to imagine I would consider your thinking anywhere close to mine :lol: (..this was the best bit)

Look like nobody here took him seriously :D

As I said before no need to increase the strength ( apart form the current Mountain struck corps ).
Modernisation should be the key. Provide good quality of BPJ and a primary weapon to each and every personal. And we are good.

I get it ............we should consider your opinion more seriously than Rajnath Singh's :enjoy:

LOL.......'secular' Indians play games to convince themselves why BJP is not good ........you must be pretty desperate to think people take opinions on pdf seriously :cheesy:.....and to imagine I would consider your thinking anywhere close to mine :lol: (..this was the best bit)

We all know the games communal bigots play. I wouldn't consider your thinking anywhere close to mine, that would be laughable. My point was the opposite. Good you don't think that people take opinions on PDF seriously because you are the one pretty desperate to try & win the election here instead of at the hustlings:lol:

Back
Top Bottom