What's new

If Burma won’t take Rohingya Muslims why won’t you, Bangladesh?

Most Bangladeshi people including myself support allowing the refugee's fleeing Burma to stay, but Hasina led RAWami govt. is refusing them, because they think they are Jamati.

May be they are thinking about the logistics and economic problems faced by BD just like Pakistanis are facing today with Afgan refugees.
Rohginya's are not Jamati's you know that.

May be they are thinking about the logistics and economic problems faced by BD just like Pakistanis are facing today with Afgan refugees.
Rohginya's are not Jamati's you know that.

Come on, you and I know that Roningya's are not Jamati's, just pious religious people, but tell that to "La-Hasina". What an idiot, the whole world is laughing at us. UN even offered 33 million dollars, I heard. Money and resources is not the problem. This incompetent lady has no idea what she is doing. Like father, like daughter.

Come on, you and I know that Roningya's are not Jamati's, just pious religious people, but tell that to "La-Hasina". What an idiot, the whole world is laughing at us. UN even offered 33 million dollars, I heard. Money and resources is not the problem. This incompetent lady has no idea what she is doing. Like father, like daughter.

Fleeing Rohingyas: a dilemma for Bangladesh government

In that there is no where it is mentioned that Hasina called Rohingya as Jamaati.

Simple answer. We already have more than 400,000 living illegally and more are trying to get in. Our economy, and society is not willing to accept anymore. We have just too much on our plates now mate.

Thanks.

Simple answer. We already have more than 400,000 living illegally and more are trying to get in. Our economy, and society is not willing to accept anymore. We have just too much on our plates now mate.
Thanks.

That is typical Awami propaganda. We have enough ability to give shelter to few more thousands who would otherwise die and UN already offered money for that, but La Hasina, the idiot, refused because she thinks they are Jamati (Islamic extremist) and her supporters are spreading bs bringing shame to our country and people.

If Burma won't take Rohingya Muslims, why won't Bangladesh?
Because simply it's not Bangaldesh's fault that Burma won't take Rohingya. It's not Bangladesh fault that Myanmar is butchering and murdering Rohingya people. By this logic, any country can oppress a certain ethnic group or a religious minority and then ask a neighbouring country to take them.
I have a better option, cut out a piece of Burma and give it to Rohingya people to live in in the west where Rohingya people are concentrated.

Thanks.

Before the recent influx of Rohingyas, the UNHCR did offer around $33 million. Our government rejected it.
The reports come exactly a year after the government rejected a $33m UN joint initiative aimed at reducing hunger and poverty for both Bangladeshis and refugees in the region. The government claimed it would draw more Rohingyas across the border.
Dhaka aid embargo hurts Bangladesh as much as Rohingya refugees | Misha Hussain | Global development | guardian.co.uk

I think it is pretty obvious that the government is using the Rohingya issue for domestic political purposes :sick:

1.Around half the Rohingyas live in BD trickling in from the time of the Japanese occupation. However, this time BAL govt follows a policy which will alienate BD with the Rohingyas. Arakan is of strategic interest to India because this is used by the NE insurgents as a route for arms supplies. India also does not want these people entering CHT because India has a long term agenda in this salient. These are part of the secret clauses in Hasina's peace treaty with the Chakmas.

2. This problem will be over when a strong patriotic govt takes over in BD, arms these people and sends them back home. That was Gen Zia's intention.

33 million dollars for 700,000 rohingyas is not feasible in the long term.

33 million was for taking care of few thousand refugees that were fleeing from the recent massacre and ethnic cleansing. UN did not ask Bangladesh to take all 700,000 Rohingya's in Bangladesh.

1.Around half the Rohingyas live in BD trickling in from the time of the Japanese occupation. However, this time BAL govt follows a policy which will alienate BD with the Rohingyas. Arakan is of strategic interest to India because this is used by the NE insurgents as a route for arms supplies. India also does not want these people entering CHT because India has a long term agenda in this salient. These are part of the secret clauses in Hasina's peace treaty with the Chakmas.

2. This problem will be over when a strong patriotic govt takes over in BD, arms these people and sends them back home. That was Gen Zia's intention.

Good post asad71 Bhai, I always knew India's hand in it, as Hasina and her Awami league are India's agent after all to run their "vassal state" Bangladesh. As soon as we throw them out in 2014 Jan., the next govt. should arm these Rohingya's so they can protect themselves from the Burmese pests.

Too many Indian agents in Bangladesh, need to throw them in jail asap and throw away the keys.

Most Bangladeshi people including myself support allowing the refugee's fleeing Burma to stay, but Hasina led RAWami govt. is refusing them, because they think they are Jamati.

Ghar me nahi daane, amma chali bhunane... ;)

The stateless Razakaars don't have a country to call their own, Pakistan rejected you, BD kept you in camps for decades before letting you out!

And here the stateless Razakaars want to give shelter to others.

Back
Top Bottom