What's new

IDEAS 2012 Pakistan International Defence (Nov 7-11)

Pakistan+Army+FATA+Anti+Terorism+operation+Against+Taliban+militants+Afghanistan++%25283%2529.jpg

Irfan sir, I have seen this many times, how long we can change this silly trucks to more armored vehicles in order to protect our soldiers effectively.

We hate this Toyota/Mitsubishi trucks.

Armour protection aside, why are the unit numbers and symbols hidden?

I understand that it is done during wartime with a country, but against TTP? No real dis-advantage or anything, but just saying.

I understand that it is done during wartime with a country, but against TTP? No real dis-advantage or anything, but just saying.

standard operating procedure
even when on military exercises
the formation signs and unit identifications are kept hidden.

its not just TTP, look at this practice in more than one dimension.

military planning depends on intelligence.
Any hostile entity would love to know what unit/ brigade or corps is deployed where (& where its not at the moment) .. its a process of elimination.(think over it what I mean and come back if you dont get it).

slapping a bit of mud on the signage, being blunt and dismissive to the inquisitive minds on the road, and keeping the chatter short & guarded are the rules of the day, whether its an exercise, deployment against a "regular" army or a group of terrorists like TTP.

there is an age old maxim back in the British Raj days, "loose lips ... sink Ships"

if a specific Independent brigade (for example) is not in (say) SharakGar sector, then there is no need to make an announcement to "others" that hey, we are in Lundi Kotal at the moment. which means that someone else is having to cover for us and is thus stretched out.

TTP has faced off with Pak Army for about 10 years now so i guess it deserves a bit more consideration rather than overlooking the hard-wired practices and procedures that distinguishes army from the rest of institutions like WAPDA, Railways, Police and Customs (what a pleasant thought eh?)

its not just the looks

using these vehicles in war time is a scandal
its like giving TTP and BLA a duck shoot opportunity

its a false economy to save some money from buying better armoured troops transport and in the process loose both men and and these flimsy civilian vehicles.

the cost of low morale, failure of mission and giving a boost to the terrorists is just another thing which planners must consider and act quickly to ratify this issue.

even our own Mohafiz vehicle is better than these Japanese trucks and can at least give protection from small arms fire and shrapnel.

well lets leave this discussion for an appropriate thread.

Instead of going outside I always wanted mohafiz to be main stay for PA light transport.....But Muhafiz still need improvements... In lal Mosque operation I heard a PKM bullet penetrated front mirror. I started a thread long ago on this vehicle but i think this project is scrap
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/48485-new-vehicle-tested-hit.html?highlight=
http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-army/48485-new-vehicle-tested-hit.html?highlight=

Instead of going outside I always wanted mohafiz to be main stay for PA light transport.....But Muhafiz still need improvements... In lal Mosque operation I heard a PKM bullet penetrated front mirror. I started a thread long ago on this vehicle but i think this project is scrap

I think that vehicle at 0:50 of the video would be handed over to police/ paramilitary.. guess I have seen it somewhere. doesnt look very stable and has high centre of gravity and seems prone to tripping.
but looking at what we got at the moment, anything will do... Mohafiz is a first step.

standard operating procedure
even when on military exercises
the formation signs and unit identifications are kept hidden.

its not just TTP, look at this practice in more than one dimension.

military planning depends on intelligence.
Any hostile entity would love to know what unit/ brigade or corps is deployed where (& where its not at the moment) .. its a process of elimination.(think over it what I mean and come back if you dont get it).

slapping a bit of mud on the signage, being blunt and dismissive to the inquisitive minds on the road, and keeping the chatter short & guarded are the rules of the day, whether its an exercise, deployment against a "regular" army or a group of terrorists like TTP.

there is an age old maxim back in the British Raj days, "loose lips ... sink Ships"

if a specific Independent brigade (for example) is not in (say) SharakGar sector, then there is no need to make an announcement to "others" that hey, we are in Lundi Kotal at the moment. which means that someone else is having to cover for us and is thus stretched out.

Looks like i made the low level TTP for fools then (wrongly).

They seem to be well familiar with the formation signs and unit numbers then.

Just gone through whole thread I really loved to see ARMY in progress...

Also, a guy said something about drones, I do agree with him that if Pakistan has so many types of Drones why they dont use it to petrol Pakistani boarders or even some key civil units use it to petrol city areas in case of something is expected. This can be very good for Pakistan Army and civil defense to improve security situation inside Pakistan.

Research Focus: The Pakistani Defense Industry to 2016

Pakistan is a major non-NATO ally of the US and a significant collaborator with China in the area of defense development. The annual increases in the Pakistani defense budget are largely due to the country’s long-standing territorial dispute with neighboring India and the internal instability caused by radical terrorist groups. Furthermore, the country receives substantial military aid from the US for its participation in the ‘war on terror’, which is used to procure advanced fighter jets and missile systems.

Over the forecast period Pakistan is expected to make procurements in areas such as submarines and submarine technology, drones for attack-grade unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), surveillance equipment and satellites for ground monitoring, fighter jets and associated support systems, air-to-air missile systems, attack helicopters and engines for the development of aerial refueling aircraft.

Pakistan has been subjected to more than 5,000 terrorist attacks in the past five years, which have not only resulted in the death of many civilians, but have also adversely affected the country’s economy as several foreign companies have ceased operations and new ones are reluctant to establish new business.

Historically, US defense firms have entered the Pakistani defense industry through government initiated foreign military sales. Furthermore, Pakistan promotes the joint development of defense systems, which has resulted in a number of joint ventures with Chinese and German companies in areas such as submarines, trainer aircraft, fighter jets and UAVs.

its for other intell agencies (US/INDIA/AFGHAN) who want to know which formations are involved in the WoT and internal security.

Don't know if there will be any big procurement order by Pakistan from the West during the ideas 2012..........:undecided:

Pakistan must explore joint defence production

PAKISTAN and Malaysia have agreed for further promotion of close cooperation in areas of defence and defence production, a step that would go a long way to the advantage of the two countries. The agreement was reached at the conclusion of 10th Pakistan-Malaysia Joint Committee of Defence Cooperation meeting in Islamabad, which will add new dimension to the existing relationship.

Pakistan certainly has the infrastructure and trained manpower not only to meet the defence requirements of Malaysia but also undertake joint ventures. Aeronautical complex at Kamra, Heavy rebuild factories, Karachi dockyard and Wah Ordnance Factories are not only meeting the country’s defence requirements but also exporting their products to several countries. Joint defence production with Malaysia or other countries would not only provide them access to new technologies but also the products from Pakistan would be less expensive and it would be dependable source of supplies. Over a period of time Pakistan’s defence industry has grown into well-established units, and has developed the potential to export defence equipment to friendly states and international markets. Pak–Malaysian Defence Cooperation dates back to early 1959, when Malaysian Armed Forces personnel started receiving military training in establishments/institutions in Pakistan. An MoU on defence cooperation was signed during the visit of Pakistan’s Prime Minister in August 1997. The two countries regularly participate in each other’s Exhibitions and Exercises such as Malaysia’s Defence Services Asia Exhibition (DSA), Langkawi International Maritime and Air Show (LIMA) and Pakistan’s AMAN Exercises. So both the countries can build on the existing relationship and reach agreements in defence production fields which would be to their mutual advantage and also enhance linkages in various other fields. Not only Malaysia, but we would suggest that our defence production establishments should also reach out to other Islamic countries and offer them to meet their needs at competitive prices.

will the civilians be allowed to visit IDEAS

Pakistan must explore joint defence production

PAKISTAN and Malaysia have agreed for further promotion of close cooperation in areas of defence and defence production, a step that would go a long way to the advantage of the two countries. The agreement was reached at the conclusion of 10th Pakistan-Malaysia Joint Committee of Defence Cooperation meeting in Islamabad, which will add new dimension to the existing relationship.

Pakistan certainly has the infrastructure and trained manpower not only to meet the defence requirements of Malaysia but also undertake joint ventures. Aeronautical complex at Kamra, Heavy rebuild factories, Karachi dockyard and Wah Ordnance Factories are not only meeting the country’s defence requirements but also exporting their products to several countries. Joint defence production with Malaysia or other countries would not only provide them access to new technologies but also the products from Pakistan would be less expensive and it would be dependable source of supplies. Over a period of time Pakistan’s defence industry has grown into well-established units, and has developed the potential to export defence equipment to friendly states and international markets. Pak–Malaysian Defence Cooperation dates back to early 1959, when Malaysian Armed Forces personnel started receiving military training in establishments/institutions in Pakistan. An MoU on defence cooperation was signed during the visit of Pakistan’s Prime Minister in August 1997. The two countries regularly participate in each other’s Exhibitions and Exercises such as Malaysia’s Defence Services Asia Exhibition (DSA), Langkawi International Maritime and Air Show (LIMA) and Pakistan’s AMAN Exercises. So both the countries can build on the existing relationship and reach agreements in defence production fields which would be to their mutual advantage and also enhance linkages in various other fields. Not only Malaysia, but we would suggest that our defence production establishments should also reach out to other Islamic countries and offer them to meet their needs at competitive prices.

WHY DOES everything comes about islamic in pakistan...anyways,coming to the actual point,what exactly in terms of technology is pakistan supplying to malaysia?

btw,nice to know that pakistan exports some of it's derived weapons to other countries...anyways,what is the status of radar systems in pakistan?

WHY DOES everything comes about islamic in pakistan...anyways,coming to the actual point,what exactly in terms of technology is pakistan supplying to malaysia?

Because they are directly proportionate to each other. All other Muslim countries share things in common and they will always be counted in every business deal. Malaysia is our valued customer and a brotherly Muslim country which has supported Pakistan all along. Having JVs with them will vastly improve our defense industry.

brotherhood.
you may not understand that though.

Back
Top Bottom