What's new

IAF will add two more Israeli AWACS to its fleet

Happy Realization, sir. I'm glad you finally chose to see reality.

How lame it is that you quoted half sentence of my post for your own benefit to prove your own point and not the full one which directly contradicts to what you are trying to prove here , it was "or is it the same notion :whatever india buys is always superior to what PAF has or will buy"

Ah!!! another blind statement from another indian .... this has been discussed to death.... can you do me a favour by letting me know that what aspects of both these aircrafts/radars you know other than that ;one is made in Israel with AESA radar and other is made in Sweden with AESA radar too....Don't tell me that you had a cup of coffee in both platforms and know A-Z about eachother: on that basis if someone comes up with such statement i would never mind.... but a lay man who has never been even close to both platforms when come up with such statements sound lame ;isn't it? or is it the same notion :whatever india buys is always superior to what PAF has or will buy

Best example is

Israel with AESA radar has 360-degree
Sweden with AESA radar 240-degree

Detection Range

Israel with AESA radar over 400-km
Sweden with AESA radar 250-km

Electronic Warfare

Israel AWACS robost jamming system with french and Russian technology make them one of the best in the world.
Sweden AWACS Limited jamming pods and counter-measure easily available.

At present Data is confidential and its not available on net.
I have some pdf but those are ready only.

Best example is

Israel with AESA radar has 360-degree
Sweden with AESA radar 240-degree

Detection Range

Israel with AESA radar over 400-km
Sweden with AESA radar 250-km

Electronic Warfare

Israel AWACS robost jamming system with french and Russian technology make them one of the best in the world.
Sweden AWACS Limited jamming pods and counter-measure easily available.

At present Data is confidential and its not available on net.
I have some pdf but those are ready only.

Hahah lol form where you got these numbers of 250km and 240degrees and the other one? and btw data is confidential then how you came to know about such stats , is it just available to you? :woot:

For your information the instrumental range of Erieye is 450 km while detection range is 350km

"The radar provides 300 degree coverage and has an instrumental range of 450km and detection range of 350 km in a dense hostile electronic warfare environment—in heavy radar clutter and at low target altitudes. In addition to this, the radar is also capable of identifying friends or foes, and has a sea surveillance mode.
"Erieye detects and tracks air and sea targets out to the horizon, and sometimes beyond this due to anomalous propagation — instrumented range has been measured at 450 km. Typical detection range against fighter-sized targets is approximately 425 km, in a 150° broadside sector"

i don't know from where you guys got such fanboy stats

Hahah lol form where you got these numbers of 250km and 240degrees and the other one? and btw data is confidential then how you came to know about such stats , is it just available to you? :woot:

For your information the instrumental range of Erieye is 450 km while detection range is 350km

"The radar provides 300 degree coverage and has an instrumental range of 450km and detection range of 350 km in a dense hostile electronic warfare environment—in heavy radar clutter and at low target altitudes. In addition to this, the radar is also capable of identifying friends or foes, and has a sea surveillance mode.
"Erieye detects and tracks air and sea targets out to the horizon, and sometimes beyond this due to anomalous propagation — instrumented range has been measured at 450 km. Typical detection range against fighter-sized targets is approximately 425 km, in a 150° broadside sector"

i don't know from where you guys got such fanboy stats

Your figure of 450 km range for Ericsson Erieye is way too much over exagrated.
Instead,detection range of 190-200 knm(360-380km)will be much more realistic;same as DRDO AWACS.Why??Because both uses same kind of back to back AESA arrays,the arrays have near same dimentions,both systems operate at S band.The Ericsson Erieye has 192 GaAs t/r modules/array while the DRDO AWACS has 200/array but we can neglect that.So both systems should have same kind of range and resolution.But here I intentionally omitted a crucial point.As we know that a radar's range is directly proportional to its altitude,higher the altitude greater the over the horrizon performance.The Embraer ERJ 145 has maximum altitude of 40-42000 ft where as the Saab 2000 has 32000 ft.So the DRDO system should have some advantage over Saab Erieye.

Your figure of 450 km range for Ericsson Erieye is way too much over exagrated.
Instead,detection range of 190-200 knm(360-380km)will be much more realistic;same as DRDO AWACS.Why??Because both uses same kind of back to back AESA arrays,the arrays have near same dimentions,both systems operate at S band.The Ericsson Erieye has 192 GaAs t/r modules/array while the DRDO AWACS has 200/array but we can neglect that.So both systems should have same kind of range and resolution.But here I intentionally omitted a crucial point.As we know that a radar's range is directly proportional to its altitude,higher the altitude greater the over the horrizon performance.The Embraer ERJ 145 has maximum altitude of 40-42000 ft where as the Saab 2000 has 32000 ft.So the DRDO system should have some advantage over Saab Erieye.

I am not just throwing my fanboy comments blindly rather i have sources to prove and back-up my comments ......and oh plz don't compare it with DRDO we know what DRDO is upto ....you are comparing an already existing and largely used system with one that is not even revealed yet ....and btw my argument was regarding the ERIEYE so from where this embraer and Saab-2000 comparison came from? are you so lay that you don't even know that saab-2000 is a platform while ERIEYE is the system .....and for your kind info It is the most recent in the ERIEYE AEW&C series, combining the latest improvements in ERIEYE radar and mission system with the high-performance, 9-hour-plus endurance Saab 2000 platform

BTW i stand correct by my figures of instrumental range of 450km , here is the official link

Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C - Technical specifications

I am not just throwing my fanboy comments blindly rather i have sources to prove and back-up my comments ......and oh plz don't compare it with DRDO we know what DRDO is upto ....you are comparing an already existing and largely used system with one that is not even revealed yet ....and btw my argument was regarding the ERIEYE so from where this embraer and Saab-2000 comparison came from? are you so lay that you don't even know that saab-2000 is a platform while ERIEYE is the system .....and for your kind info It is the most recent in the ERIEYE AEW&C series, combining the latest improvements in ERIEYE radar and mission system with the high-performance, 9-hour-plus endurance Saab 2000 platform

BTW i stand correct by my figures of instrumental range of 450km , here is the official link

Saab 2000 ERIEYE AEW&C - Technical specifications

Oh man,I didn't expect something like that from a senior like you sir.You didn't even read my comment properly.I know the difference between the Saab 2000 and Ericsson Erieye and what is what.That's why I didn't compare the platforms at 1st place and also wrote,'intentionaly omited'.And why we can't compare them??The Antena Array Units have already been developed.So Please feel free to read before replying.
By the way,are you a Naruto fan sir??I am one.

Oh man,I didn't expect something like that from a senior like you sir.You didn't even read my comment properly.I know the difference between the Saab 2000 and Ericsson Erieye and what is what.That's why I didn't compare the platforms at 1st place and also wrote,'intentionaly omited'.And why we can't compare them??The Antena Array Units have already been developed.So Please feel free to read before replying.

Still pre-mature to compare...because we haven't seen it flying yet...sometimes rather most of the times you come up with the things deviating from the standard ones so DRDO AWACS is not an exception....what they have set as standard specifications may or may not be met ....only will get to know about it when it will be operational...

BTW for even long endurance and better altitude we also have ZDK-03 AWACS from China based on KJ-2000 which by the way was developed with the help of Israel

By the way,are you a Naruto fan sir??I am one.

Lol i have been asked before as people looked my dp ....but really i am not ....i like the avatar so just set it on....even i din't know about it before when someone asked me for he first time but later i realized what it is ....

Still pre-mature to compare...because we haven't seen it flying yet...sometimes rather most of the times you come up with the things deviating from the standard ones so DRDO AWACS is not an exception....what they have set as standard specifications may or may not be met ....only will get to know about it when it will be operational...

Dude! what you are saying is with same configuration, DRDO's achieved a range of ~200KMs but on maturing, the tech has the potential to detect at ranges of 400KMs ?

wth ... will become double ??

I know the name DRDO doesnot evoke thoughts of efficiency and time bound achievements for sure but hey dude they are not loosers atleast !! I don't think your Swedish AWACs does not have a range which you just claimed..

Dude! what you are saying is with same configuration, DRDO's achieved a range of ~200KMs but on maturing, the tech has the potential to detect at ranges of 400KMs ?

wth ... will become double ??

Its not even developed and ur talking abt extending its range from 200-400 kms? LOL @ YOU!

I know the name DRDO doesnot evoke thoughts of efficiency and time bound achievements for sure but hey dude they
are not loosers atleast !! I don't think your Swedish AWACs does not have a range which you just claimed..

Who gives a damn what you think!?!! he provided ur with sources..!

BTW for even long endurance and better altitude we also have ZDK-03 AWACS from China based on KJ-2000 which by the way was developed with the help of Israel
they are down graded models of kj 2000 with mechanical rotadome check it too

Back
Top Bottom