What's new

IAF wants 50 more Sukhois to counter China, Pakistan

"doctrine" eh?? Or is teh aircraft not gud enuff for PLAAF so that ist sill under consideration...WHy I speculate coz that "doctrine" is certainly a deviation from policies of most nations which plan to have a single jet engine aircraft as the work horse while keeping its heavier ac s as frontline jets,

What the f16 is/was for USA will be superseeded by the f35.WHats PLAAFs take on this?

China does not want or need light fighters to fulfill its current role. There is too much territory to cover. We didn't have a choice back then and now we do. All new planes will be either in the medium or heavy weight category. J 10 a medium weight fighter is the current workhorse along with the Heavy J 11.

PLAAF will have to induct lots of J20 for front line forces and as a work horse unless we have another plane planned.

Guys this thread was started in 2009, I think IAF have already placed order for 42 after this. There rumors for further order of 40 mki, rising the number more than 300 but is this demand from IAF ??/

PLAAF will have to induct lots of J20 for front line forces and as a work horse unless we have another plane planned.
What will be the cost of J20 ??/ I mean have you guys proposed some cost for J20 ?? Like FGFA its 100 million $ ?? And is the number of J20 to be inducted confirmed ??/

Bajaj Pulsar:
2vc6ud5.jpg

Chinese Gulsar:
j99dah.jpg

6jghap.jpg

2hcomrs.jpg

:bunny::bunny::bunny:
Chinese carbon copy of hamara Bajaj - India - NEWS - The Times of India

You're not going to win a manufacturing contest with China. India is the back office of the world, not its factory.

What will be the cost of J20 ??/ I mean have you guys proposed some cost for J20 ?? Like FGFA its 100 million $ ?? And is the number of J20 to be inducted confirmed ??/

When we produce the J 20 the air force will have approximately 100 billion as its budget. 30 billion for allocation and half that for front line fighters.

At 100 million a pop we could afford 150 a year easy. Production capability is much higher though.

You're not going to win a manufacturing contest with China. India is the back office of the world, not its factory.

The competition is on dear... being on top is not always permanent. Someone will always makes you second.

No thanks we already produce our own.

Because..your begging dont work anymore. No country is willing to give u guys any more fighter, because u guys reverse engineer it and copy to make new fighter..wo bhi 3rd class...

i wont be surprize if chinese decide to have about 600 J-20,

they are more than capable to manufacture them in 3-4 years.

These few su-30 up against many a j-20 , lets see .

su-30 also have problem of being very expensive to maintain. since india will have to listen to chikpik of russians.

-x--x-x-x-x-x-x

chinese did copy russians , but now they are not depandant on them.

so its a game well played, even if russian are pissed on chinese .

i doubt china gives two hoot about them.

i wont be surprize if chinese decide to have about 600 J-20,

they are more than capable to manufacture them in 3-4 years.

These few su-30 up against many a j-20 , lets see .

su-30 also have problem of being very expensive to maintain. since india will have to listen to chikpik of russians.

probably more if we don't have another fifth gen planned.

Is it true India has to send AL 31s to Russia to fix?

probably more if we don't have another fifth gen planned.

Is it true India has to send AL 31s to Russia to fix?

no tanlixiang, it wont be so easy in start , as we know first few batch wil take way more time.

but yeh once they have already made about - 200 j-20 , they can surely make 100 a year, first 100 will take about 2-3 years.

---------------
yeh india did ground the fleet , and called up Russian engineers to check on the intake of al-31,

and one which had problem was sent to Russia for inspection. which was sorted out since it was just a ingestion of organic material.

All depends on needs. If we need a 100 a year we will have a 100 a year. If more then its fine as well.

Only constraint is budget not production capabilities.

Back
Top Bottom