What's new

IAF planning to phase out MiG-27 combat planes by 2017

Oh please. :rolleyes:

Nobody wants single role fighters anymore.

1. The Flankers and the F15s are designed for air superiority
2. The later versions of both fighters added A2G capability, hence they got multi role capable and not re-designed
3. We already have our heavy class multi role capable fighter, that is replacing Mig 23s and Mig 27s, the MKI which is just like the MKM a version of the SU 30 MK and with the same capabilities in ground attack as well.

Wake up...F15K is a swing role bird, mark my words .........

I don't think he object F-15s capabilities Sir. He is just saying no way IAF will go for those birds.
Can you please explain why do you think IAF will go for F-15s instead of more Rafales or say MKIs ???

So what? MKI is it, Mirage 2000 is it, even the upgraded Mig 29s will be swing/multi role fighters, so why should IAF induct another heavy class, mainly air superiority fighter and why on earth a completelly new type of fighter?
If at all, they would go for MKI or Rafale, the next logical choice would be Su 34s, which are at least a bit more re-designed for the strike role and even if they would want a US fighter, the F18SH would be the way more realistic choice than a F15.

So what? MKI is it, Mirage 2000 is it, even the upgraded Mig 29s will be swing/multi role fighters, so why should IAF induct another heavy class, mainly air superiority fighter and why on earth a completelly new type of fighter?
If at all, they would go for MKI or Rafale, the next logical choice would be Su 34s, which are at least a bit more re-designed for the strike role and even if they would want a US fighter, the F18SH would be the way more realistic choice than a F15.

What will be the cost effective option among MKI/Rafale/F18SH ???
And I don't see why India will go for F18 - the first US plane in IAF ??? Any light on that ???

And I don't see why India will go for F18 - the first US plane in IAF ??? Any light on that ???

The most cost-effective to maintain is the F18SH, to procure additional MKIs and the best in operational terms the Rafale. I don't see any US fighter coming either, but the F18SH with the same engines as the LCA MK2, beeing cheaper to operate and more designed for strike attacks would defenitely be the most logical US choice.

Well mate, no doubt i will pick MKI, if u wanna cost effective option, MKI's are nearly half the cost of Rafale & 2/3rd the cost of F18s (pls correct me if wrong), but if u want stealth characteristics than Rafale is the one.

+ I don't think that IAF will ever go for a combat jet of US, it comes with too many strings attached, & u can never trust US, as to what will be it's behavior at the time of Indian emergency, IAF is satisfied with US transport planes in it's inventory.

Well mate, no doubt i will pick MKI, if u wanna cost effective option, MKI's are nearly half the cost of Rafale & 2/3rd the cost of F18s (pls correct me if wrong), but if u want stealth characteristics than Rafale is the one.

+ I don't think that IAF will ever go for a combat jet of US, it comes with too many strings attached, & u can never trust US, as to what will be it's behavior at the time of Indian emergency, IAF is satisfied with US transport planes in it's inventory.
I don't know any of costs. But I think we should add SU-35 and SU-34 in above calculation.

I don't know any of costs. But I think we should add SU-35 and SU-34 in above calculation.

That's what super sukhois are - modified versions of su-30mki to bring it upto su-35 standards.

As for costs, this is the data i got from wiki:

Su-30mki - $30.43 million.

F-18 - $66.9 million.

Rafale C - $82.3 million

Shocking, we can get 3 su-30mki's at the price of one Rafale :woot:

That's what super sukhois are - modified versions of su-30mki to bring it upto su-35 standards.

I don't like the word UPTO. It never tell clearly exactly were. Still ok. What about SU-34 ???

I don't like the word UPTO. It never tell clearly exactly were. Still ok. What about SU-34 ???

It's a fighter bomber, not fitting the IAF's operational doctrine (just my opinion). B'coz IAF buys multi-role fighters, & fighter bombers are for a specific role.

It's a fighter bomber, not fitting the IAF's operational doctrine (just my opinion). B'coz IAF buys multi-role fighters, & fighter bombers are for a specific role.

I think fighter bomber with good range can be handy in NE. Anyways I think you write old price for MKI
We are buying 40 SS @ 3.5 bn. So MKIs too got be around 60/80 mil

I think fighter bomber with good range can be handy in NE. Anyways I think you write old price for MKI
We are buying 40 SS @ 3.5 bn. So MKIs too got be around 60/80 mil

yes, the price for su-30mki's are that of current a/c, super sukhois price can only be determine when the final contract is signed & remember the contract price is not just that of a/c.

I don't think he object F-15s capabilities Sir. He is just saying no way IAF will go for those birds.
Can you please explain why do you think IAF will go for F-15s instead of more Rafales or say MKIs ???

Out selling points -

1) Boeings massive prouduction capability to provide at short Notice.
2) F15K Swing Role Fighter AI/AtG/Recee Role requirments with High Servicesability rate.
3) MtM interface/ IA wanted A10 but is Production line is closed.
4) Massive support to MKI/Rafale in formations all linkable by Link 16a

Dont Anyone give me Gyan on Types of A/c in IAF...there are ample AELs/IFS & Logistics Groups to manage our requriements.

It adds no Value to Buy SRAs - Now the Genration is on MRT/SRFs

Dont Anyone give me Gyan on Types of A/c in IAF...there are ample AELs/IFS & Logistics Groups to manage our requriements.

I got your intention and direction of these lines
but Sir Thats what forums are for. Agree to disagree. So I request you for "ceasefire" and let's keep it to healty interaction without harsh talk.
It's just a request sir. And no offence at all

Su 35 / 30MK versions / 34

=> all are multi role fighters
=> all have 12 hardpoints
=> all have a payload of 8t
=> all can use the same weapons

because they are all versions of the same Flanker base, with the differences that the 35 is more geared to A2A, the 34 more to A2G and the MKI is balanced for both roles. That's why there is hardly any advantage for IAF to add the Su 35 or 34 to the fleet.

As I said earlier, we are already replacing Mig 27s with MKIs, will replace some with Rafale as well and both offers waaaay more A2G capability than the Mig and there is defenitely no need for another 4.5 gen fighter for that. The next useful aircrafts for that will be armed drones, FGFA and AURA, which will be game changers again.

Out selling points -

1) Boeings massive prouduction capability to provide at short Notice.
2) F15K Swing Role Fighter AI/AtG/Recee Role requirments with High Servicesability rate.
4) Massive support to MKI/Rafale in formations all linkable by Link 16a

1) IRKUT, Dassault and most importantly HALs own productionlines for MKI and Rafale
2) It can't be used in a single other role than MKI or Rafale could, it's even the other way around, because the US government won't allow cruise missile or even nuclear strikes.
3) Please check for the problems of MKIs during Red Flag exercise and you will understand that they can't be linked with western data links

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom