What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

if IAF requirement for 45 squadrons is accepted then 15 squadrons each of FGFA/AMCA/LCA with 20 aircraft per squadron will make it 300 of each aircraft.

if IAF requirement for 45 squadrons is accepted then 15 squadrons each of FGFA/AMCA/LCA with 20 aircraft per squadron will make it 300 of each aircraft.

Well you've failed to take into account the MKI (Super UPG) and MMRCA which will remain with the IAF, in considerable numbers, for the foreseeable future. Not including the other AC that are likely to remain in IAF service for a while- M2k (just got nod for UPG), Mig-29 (Have started to be UPG), Jaguar (not many are likely to remain for much longer but a considerable amount have been/will he UPG, engines included, and kept around for a while).

All though I believe after 2025 the IAF's strength will be greater than the 45 SQD target and is likely to increase significantly from there.

Well you've failed to take into account the MKI (Super UPG) and MMRCA which will remain with the IAF, in considerable numbers, for the foreseeable future. Not including the other AC that are likely to remain in IAF service for a while- M2k (just got nod for UPG), Mig-29 (Have started to be UPG), Jaguar (not many are likely to remain for much longer but a considerable amount have been/will he UPG, engines included, and kept around for a while).

All though I believe after 2025 the IAF's strength will be greater than the 45 SQD target and is likely to increase significantly from there.

by the time FGFA induction starts we will have MKI almost 15 years old and must be replaced/UPG by 25 years same is true for AMCA geting FOC and MMRCA being around 15 years old
Current upgrades to Mirage and MiG fleets are necessary cause their need replacement now and we cant afford further squadron strength depletion but even after upg they'll probably be retired around 2025
so by the time FGFA induction is complete it would have replaced most MKIs and by the time AMCA induction completes it'll replace most MMRCA as for LCA we'll need 15 squadron worth of light-weight 5th gen fighters to replace it although by that time our squadron strenghth may be cleared for 60 squadrons so that'll mean 20 squadrons of heavy weight fighters ther increase in squadron size'll be incremental infact we've already ordered 15 squadron worth of MKI with 18 aircraft per squadron = 270 so i wouldn't be surprised if we end up inducting upto 300 MKI/MMRCA/LCA and 400 FGFA/AMCA/ALCA

comparing superiority over PAK is a fallacy. The minimum deterrence standard has to be measured against China's military and not Pak because they ( china)are the big dogs in this region. You don't just prepare for the weaker of the two threats ( military )in the region, you prepare for the strongest adversary. Whether war will happen or not is irrelevant- its about deterrence. US and Nato prepared itself to meet challenges during the cold war to USSR's standard and not to China's.
well friend say this to our government. All I can do is tell you all friends future procurement of our Military.

friend please correct it by 2020 we are not going to induct 250-300 FGFA, i think 50 is possible figure.
may be. but our airforce will start receiving it by 2017. also by my post I actually meant strength of our military by 2020 and beyond....

It is already mid 2011 and you think a plane that's still on paper can enter service in 6 years. Do you even plan to test flight???
Also you think that the FGFA will be 250 numbered in 2020? Even if they start mass producing today, they would need to make 25 planes a year which will be the full capacity of at least 2 production lines. Oh and 250 AMCA in 2020, too? India hasn't even started the actual design of it. You are either day dreaming of some sort of magician.

Also by the way the Russians have repeatedly said that even the PAK FA is still a prototype that will undergo structural change. I highly doubt that it can enter service in 2015 as the Russians proclaimed. I think India has had a taste of Russian delays with the aircraft carrier purchase.
well fgfa will be operational in iaf from 2017.
Of AMCA IAF has stressed to make it out by 2020.. Officials say that prototypes and technology demonstrators will roll out by 2017. even development work on tejas was started only by 2nd quarter of 1990 and prototype arrived by 2001. now amca prototypes will eventually supported by kaveri engine and aesa radar. work on ew, avionics has already been started. navy has given 2 bn$. look at this image...
amca.jpg

well fgfa will be operational in iaf from 2017.
Of AMCA IAF has stressed to make it out by 2020.. Officials say that prototypes and technology demonstrators will roll out by 2017. even development work on tejas was started only by 2nd quarter of 1990 and prototype arrived by 2001. now amca prototypes will eventually supported by kaveri engine and aesa radar. work on ew, avionics has already been started. navy has given 2 bn$. look at this image...
amca.jpg

I just hope this is true. DRDO will need to get its act together if AMCA has to come out with such spectacular features.

the amca prototypes will be flying by end of this decade and it will be ready for production around 2027 - 2030 to replace the mirage 2000 and mig 29 and lca mk1. So around 150 will definitely be inducted and if iaf likes it then it will be 200 - 300

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom