What's new

IAF looking to Induct all Six Squadrons of Tejas by 2022

From all those words, you noticed only 2022?? Dude they are saying that they are looking to Induct all Six Squadrons of Tejas by 2022.. It means induction of Tejas will start much before that..

Is it that hard for you to understand??

Wait!! Never mind.. Forget that I asked you that question... :no:

^

So its
40 Tejas Mk1 for IAF
83 Tejas Mk2 for IAF
46 Naval Tejas For Naval Air Arm..

So the total number will be 160+ not bad althrough i was thinking IAF will go for 10 Squad of Tejas.....

mate they are just saying that this will be by 2022. i guess we'll have improved ?stealth? version of tejas post 2022 whcich will add up to additional squadrons !

When Will India phrase out Mig 21 ?

between 2014 & 2017 all mig-21s & mig 27s will be phased out starting with the older versions to that upgraded to bis standards.

The Hindu : News / National : MiG 21s to be phased out from 2014: Antony

the important thing to note is there replacements, currently su-30s are inducted as a replacements, with time LCA + Rafale + sukhois will replace them by 2017, so India is not only replacing a mig with a sukhoi, but capability wise it is assessed that a su-30 = 3* mig21s, so u can imagine what it will be when Rafales & PAK-FA gets inducted ;)

If they are going to induct LCA block II, then good. but LCA blockII should be good like having 4++ generation features on time , or else bekar hai..

Seriously i am fade up from this LCA. trust me bro, agar auchha plane hota to IAF induct kar lete. But it's like they just told media that we have this that n blah blah blah in lca, but still we are not inducting this plane..

LCA disappointment.Arjun proved itself but this one has come too late.

How do you quantify "too late"? There are still Mig-21s in service waiting to replaced by the LCA so its hardly too late. And it's not like India is going to war tomorrow- the expertise and skill accrued by this program more than offsets the delays IMHO. But of course in terms of human lives it has come too late.

Its been a very long time coming. I don't expect any operational squadrons to come out of the Tejas program. The delays have been ridiculous.

Neither LCA nor Arjun are disappointments, because they already showed that they are on par or even superior to comparable counterparts. However, those who planned and developed this projects as well as the slow induction procedures of our forces are disappointments!

How do you quantify "too late"? There are still Mig-21s in service waiting to replaced by the LCA so its hardly too late. And it's not like India is going to war tomorrow- the expertise and skill accrued by this program more than offsets the delays IMHO. But of course in terms of human lives it has come too late.

IMHO, if there had been any learning they should have been learnt by now and put to use. I sometimes feel like putting these guys in those villan controlled workshops to make things work. Ah well if only I could be Mogambo (Don't tell me I'd be dead).

So its
40 Tejas Mk1 for IAF
83 Tejas Mk2 for IAF
46 Naval Tejas For Naval Air Arm..

So the total number will be 160+ not bad althrough i was thinking IAF will go for 10 Squad of Tejas...

I believe we should shelve Mk-1 nos. at 20. And increase Mk-2 nos. to 103.

That way, the work on Mk-1 could be completed sooner and Mk-2's procedures can begin quicker.

So finally after 60 years of development - IAF can have their mighty 4th Gen Tejas by 2022. Has got to be the most boring fighter jet development in history of mankind.

Back
Top Bottom