What's new

IAC-3 might be nuclear powered Aircraft carrier

So India will be the third country owning CVN after US and France.:tup:
Will the next batch of India's aircraft carriers be installed with catapults? Some rumors in Chinese forum say India may buy electronicmagnetic catapult from US.

So India will be the third country owning CVN after US and France.:tup:
May be as far the programme. But it will take time. Even China can come out with one before India, though their current project is a conventionally powered one.

Will the next batch of India's aircraft carriers be installed with catapults?
IAC-2 will get catapult. IN already operated catapult based carrier but it was long ago.

Some rumors in Chinese forum say India may buy electronicmagnetic catapult from US.

IN is interested in EM catapult.

In my opinion we should delay IAC-II by 5-6 years and try to build itself as a supercarrier with ~50-60 Planes. We may even install EMALs in this.
And in the meantime we should buy QE class from britain if they sell it to us for ~4 bil. Considering the fact thar both carriers are from UK only there should not be any difficulty.

Feel free to disagree..:cheers:

wake up dude , we dont even have proper pics of IAC1 let alone IAC3 , frankly IAC3 has not yet even been sanctioned by the Indian CCS so it has not even in designing stage .
Indian govt has only sanctioned 3 carriers comprising Vikramaditya , Vikrant and IAC2 as against a request for 5 carriers by Navy . Indian Ministry of defence is more concerned with increasing the number of Destroyers and frigates to 30 from present 21 and number of subs to 20 from 15 at present
IAC3 will be built , no doubt about that , but its construction will start in 2025-27 ,not 2018 as the article suggest . IAC3 will replace Vikramaditya when it retires in 2037-40:partay::D:rofl::bounce:

i am sorry dr freud i ment the ia1.typing mistake

IAC is a matter to be far away but as it is in pipe line is conformed just after completion of IAC - 1 . Is it be a nuclear powered for propulsion system ? is just a rumor but definitely it may be of more than 70,000 tones and with top level sophisticated tech . Fighter aircraft will on service may be the navel version of MMRCA, NAVEL AMCA OR NAVEL T50 FGFA

Let IAC-1 come out first. We know nothing about IAC-1, let alone 2 or 3. The design of IAC-2 must be freezed by now.

The modular type of building, though fast, doesnt give any idea, where the ship stands as of now.

Let IAC-1 come out first. We know nothing about IAC-1, let alone 2 or 3. The design of IAC-2 must be freezed by now.

Go to shipyard in kochi and report the progress.

Gr8 news, but seriosly guys, we all know that we can expect at least 3 yrs delay :yahoo:

Go to shipyard in kochi and report the progress.

That area is fortified..when i asked my cousins who are in navy, they themselves are not sure, different parts are built differently. Very difficult to get info.

They didn't let us in last year. I don't expect them to let anyone in this year either.

next time show ur biceps and triceps

or

do music with body show...

I will wait to see the first Indian made carrier. It has to succeed before I even begin to consider talk about a nuclear carrier.

IAC-3 might be equipped with brahmose hypersonic missiles but of improved range of about 700km- 3000km or more. Its a due need of that time as the IAC might not be focused to pakistan only . Even at the present course of time china have aircraft carrier killer missiles with range about 3000km . So , a lot of hard work is required .

My best guess is IAC-1 will be completed in mid 2014 and will enter service in late 2016. optimistically

Back
Top Bottom