What's new

I would love to put a bullet in his head:’ US spies want Snowden dead

senheiser

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
As the National Security Agency begins to digest the changes announced by President Obama Friday, some within the government intelligence community are expressing some violent discontent with their former colleague, responsible for the biggest leak in U.S. history.

“I would love to put a bullet in his head,” a former special forces Pentagon official told BuzzFeed. “I do not take pleasure in taking another human being’s life, having to do it in uniform, but he is single-handedly the greatest traitor in American history.”

“In a world where I would not be restricted from killing an American, I personally would go and kill him myself,” an analyst for the NSA said in the report. “A lot of people share this sentiment.”

“His name is cursed every day over here,” according to a defense contractor’s account on the website. “Most everyone I talk to says he needs to be tried and hung, forget the trial and just hang him.”

An Army intelligence officer interviewed by BuzzFeed went as far as describing the way in which they would do away with the former NSA contractor, from a poisoned needle in the street to a sudden death in the shower.

While media outlets, lawmakers, defense officials and privacy experts have taken to every available medium to either praise Snowden as a hero or condemn him as a traitor, the opinion of the intelligence community has remained virtually unchanged – and if anything, has grown a little more violent.

Read more: 'Put a bullet in his head': US spies want Snowden dead | The Daily Caller

US Media Blacks Out Snowden Interview in English on German TV Exposing Death Threats
(Bill van Auken, The 4th Media, Jan. 29)

The former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden appeared Sunday night in his first extended television interview. Citing published statements by unnamed US intelligence and military operatives calling for his assassination, he warned that he faces “significant threats” to his life and that US “government officials want to kill me.”

The interview, broadcast by the German television network ARD, was largely blacked out by the US media. The New York Times carried not a word of what Snowden said, while the cable and broadcast news programs treated the interview with near total silence.

The American media’s reaction stood in stark contrast to that of both broadcast and print media in Germany, where the interview conducted with Snowden in Russia was treated as a major political event.

The interview itself was preceded by a segment dedicated to Snowden on Germany’s most popular news talk show, with commentary delivered before a sizable live television audience. Those who spoke out in Snowden’s defense received enthusiastic applause, while the defenders of Washington’s spying operations, including a right-wing German journalist and a former US ambassador to Germany, were treated coolly or with outright derision.

Polls conducted in Germany have shown six out of ten surveyed expressing admiration for Snowden, with only 14 percent regarding him as a criminal. The public is evenly divided over whether he should be granted asylum in Germany. Anger over NSA spying on German telephone and Internet communications—including Chancellor Angela Merkel’s personal cell phone—is widespread.

In the interview, Snowden eloquently laid out the core questions of basic democratic rights posed by the massive NSA spying programs exposed in the documents he has made public.

“Every time you pick up the phone, dial a number, write an email, make a purchase, travel on the bus carrying a cell phone, swipe a card somewhere, you leave a trace and the government has decided that it’s a good idea to collect it all, everything, even if you’ve never been suspected of any crime,” he said.

Snowden went on to note that, while in the past intelligence agencies would identify a suspect through an investigation and then obtain a warrant for surveillance, “Nowadays what we see is they want to apply the totality of their powers in advance—prior to an investigation.”

The former NSA contractor told his interviewer that his “breaking point” in terms of deciding to make the NSA documents public came in March of last year, “seeing the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, directly lie under oath to Congress” when he denied the existence of any programs gathering intelligence on millions of Americans. “Beyond that, it was the creeping realization that no one else was going to do this,” he added. “The public had a right to know about these programs. The public had a right to know that which the government is doing in its name, and that which the government is doing against the public.”

While Snowden stuck to his position of allowing journalists to determine what material to make public out of the estimated 1.7 million secret documents he took from the NSA, he did indicate that the agency was spying both on a wide range of German officials as well as carrying out industrial espionage against German corporations.

“If there’s information at Siemens [the German engineering and electronics conglomerate] that they think would be beneficial to the national interests, not the national security of the United States, they’ll go after that information and they’ll take it,” he said.

The 4th Media » US Media Blacks Out Snowden Interview in English on German TV Exposing Death Threats

“In a world where I would not be restricted from killing an American, I personally would go and kill him myself,” an analyst for the NSA said in the report. “A lot of people share this sentiment.”

And a lot of Americans call him a True hero.

Interesting to see the absence of the flag waving US forumers in this trhead. :lol:
Har...Snowden have been discussed before and the decision/opinions are pretty much the same: That Snowden did not have to go overseas to do what he did. He could have gone to the press and/or his own representative. His life would not be easy but if anyone thinks his life is easy now, they are delusional. American defectors to Russia usually ended up depressed or alcoholic, and homesick. So you are actually laughing at Snowden, not the flag waving Americans here.

Snowden have been discussed before and the decision/opinions are pretty much the same: That Snowden did not have to go overseas to do what he did. He could have gone to the press and/or his own representative. His life would not be easy but if anyone thinks his life is easy now, they are delusional. American defectors to Russia usually ended up depressed or alcoholic, and homesick. So you are actually laughing at Snowden, not the flag waving Americans here.

Seriously?? He would have been in Guantanamo Bay before he could even go to the press. :lol:

Or do you/we have another prison for people like him??? o_O

And a lot of Americans call him a True hero.

Believe me Cheetah. I live in the U.S, there are a different breed of Americans in the agencies. :sniper:

Seriously?? He would have been in Guantanamo Bay before he could even go to the press. :lol:

Or do you/we have another prison for people like him??? o_O
Snowden should have quit his job. Instead of amassing all those documents, he should have copied a few dozens of the most incriminating and damning ones, then make an index of the rest, the ones not copied. Then he should have gone to his Congressional representative, either a House of Representative member or a Senator, and preferably of the opposing party of the President. He would have been protected as a 'whistleblower'. No, his life would not be easy. But once the political dust cleared, Snowden's image would be cemented as someone who did the country good and deserve exoneration. He would make boo-coo money on the speaking circuit. Facebook or Microsoft would court him. The good life would not show immediately, overnight, or even for a couple of years. But he would still be in the US and plenty of libertarian and anti-government groups would be willing to shelter him. Being in the public eye would be his protection.

Bottom line: Snowden fooked up. He fancied himself the equal of Julian Assange and he failed. To this day, Assange is still holed up in Ecuador's London Embassy, living an equally miserable life as Snowden. No one wanted Assange and Snowden is being watched by the Russians. They are in prisons of their own creation.

Last edited:
Har...Snowden have been discussed before and the decision/opinions are pretty much the same: That Snowden did not have to go overseas to do what he did. He could have gone to the press and/or his own representative. His life would not be easy but if anyone thinks his life is easy now, they are delusional. American defectors to Russia usually ended up depressed or alcoholic, and homesick. So you are actually laughing at Snowden, not the flag waving Americans here.

Haha, here bites the first fish. Well, I don't see you getting tired posting the same shit charts about radar and stuffs ad nauseam. :agree:

Haha, here bites the first fish. Well, I don't see you getting tired posting the same shit charts about radar and stuffs ad nauseam. :agree:
Actually, YOU were the first fish. Your kind will always bite at anything anti-American enough.

Yep, instead of releasing documents like this.....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/national/black-budget/

I can't see what's the point of leaking this. It has nothing to do with governmental misconduct.
The bulk of the documents are more embarrassing than life threatening, but for the ones that are life threatening, the threats are upon the military.

Last edited:
snowden is a traitor, i cant believe how some americans can even defend that motherfucker? wake the **** up ffs!!

Snowden should have quit his job. Instead of amassing all those documents, he should have copied a few dozens of the most incriminating and damning ones, then make an index of the rest, the ones not copied. Then he should have gone to his Congressional representative, either a House of Representative member or a Senator, and preferably of the opposing party of the President. He would have been protected as a 'whistleblower'. No, his life would not be easy. But once the political dust cleared, Snowden's image would be cemented as someone who did the country good and deserve exoneration. He would make boo-coo money on the speaking circuit. Facebook or Microsoft would court him. The good life would not show immediately, overnight, or even for a couple of years. But he would still be in the US and plenty of libertarian and anti-government groups would be willing to shelter him. Being in the public eye would be his protection.
Bottom line: Snowden fooked up. He fancied himself the equal of Julian Assange and he failed. To this day, Assange is still holed up in Ecuador's London Embassy, living an equally miserable life as Snowden. No one wanted Assange and Snowden is being watched by the Russians. They are in prisons of their own creation.

Seriously man??? Go to his Congressional rep??? What power does the rep have against the FBI or the CIA if they want to take Snowden into prison?? Nada!!!

Obviously, Snowden knew that he couldn't get any help from his country men so he tried to help the other side.

Back
Top Bottom