What's new

I Will Disarm All Militant Groups in Pakistan: Imran Khan

This is making noo sense to me what so ever..!! Every1 in Pakistan was of the opinion that IK will save the country, lead it to economic and social progress path, will create jobs, will improve governance, will improve infrastructure, will provide impetus to stalled projects and what not.... And now after ONE interview in which he has said that he favors good relations with India; he has turned into a demon overnight??!! :confused: :bad:

Damn you cant change your opinion(that too of national leaders) on drop of a hat. or can you??!! :unsure:

Why the hell is Imran Khan trying to impress indians.

Indians can't vote in Pakistan. He is going to lose more support in Pakistan like this.

Because, he is honest, does not believe in vote bank politics and speaking from the heart what he feels is right for Pakistan??

Apparently, to win a election in Pakistan, one should indulge in India hate diatrics.. Hafiz Saeed should be a good Prime Ministerial candidate and will take Pakistan far away. Apparently, he does social works too..

But then if all of the politicians start hate speech against India, one will be again in Dilema... WHo is speaking more fiercy should be the right choice, I tell you.

This is making noo sense to me what so ever..!! Every1 in Pakistan was of the opinion that IK will save the country, lead it to economic and social progress path, will create jobs, will improve governance, will improve infrastructure, will provide impetus to stalled projects and what not.... And now after ONE interview in which he has said that he favors good relations with India; he has turned into a demon overnight??!! :confused: :bad:

Damn you cant change your opinion(that too of national leaders) on drop of a hat. or can you??!! :unsure:

It's not truly representative, some people are in overdrive to try to ensure that Imran Khan's popularity gets stunted. Just last week there were articles that Imran Khan supports militants and he was booed for that and today he dissed militants and hes booed for that.

I can safely say that if Imran Khan is not voted in as PM by an overwhelming majority - then Pakistan ka overwhelmingly dimagh kharab hai. These are just the antics of the usual culprits on the forum in their anti-Imran Khan and pro-Musharraf, pro-Nawaz and pro-PPP (no one can be pro Zardari, I know that) stances.

So all of you people are yearning for a leader that promotes terrorism against India? It's true, Imran Khan can't save you guys, you need a psychiatrist.

Mere hisaab se jootay parhne chahiye whoever promotes terrorism anywhere. Our issue with India is only Kashmir. But things like Mumbai incident were a black mark on all of Pakistan.

Do not overlook in to it. You of all people should know that me along with other Musharraf supporters are against those animals in all forms and faces.

With regards to this interview, here we have Imran Khan who was adamant not so long ago on operating against militants promising Indian journalist that he would do so. Imran Khan has repeatedly said he would NOT fight militancy head on rather negotiate a political solution (surrender). This is contradicting his own statements made to Pakistani people in his rallies which is deceit and deception. How is that different from what Musharraf did? that is confront radicals in all forms. Hypocrisy at best.

Not to mention what he said with regards to putting Kashmir aside.

Its funny, but I can always tell that an article is from India by the headline alone - always some sensationalist, 'short hand'/'incomplete' sentence ...

Imran Khan is a smart and wise man, and he knows what he's talking about - the haters will always hate, the apologists will always come with obscured apologies. The followers of Imran should trust on his leadership. Every single problem with India can be solved diplomatically, Musharraf was of the same opinion so as Imran - and I don't see any problem in that. You solve or take an initiative to the problems diplomatically, you divert a big chunk of military budget to your horseshit economy - why is it so hard to understand?

Note the statement:

Imran Khan: "There would not be any militant groups operating within Pakistan. How can I be more specific than that?"

And note the Indian media's typical distortion of what was said to come up with their lame headlines ..

"Will stop terror groups if elected PM: Imran"

Absolutely cringe-worthy ...

---------- Post added at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

The interview that bring my all hopes from IK, down to earth. This is true one should not put too much hope from a human being.

BTW it is great he exposed himself before chosen, many people may've changed their minds after this episode.

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Look like he is becoming primeminister of india.:hitwall::disagree:
What exactly do you dislike about what he said?

I am not a supporter of PTI but IK was my hero. I don't believe it
Now that is complete BS - you are pretty much at the forefront of trashing IK, posting anti-IK articles and thanking anyone posting anti-IK/PTI comments...

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

This is a transcript from the interview. Word by word.
Could you quote the relevant section and tell me what you find objectionable?

Now that is complete BS - you are pretty much at the forefront of trashing IK, posting anti-IK articles and thanking anyone posting anti-IK/PTI comments...

You took the words right out of my mouth... I was going to say that in the morning when I read that and chuckled at how much of an ullu some people think the rest of us are...

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 AM ----------

Could you quote the relevant section and tell me what you find objectionable?

Karan Thapar: The Indian government will look for action on one front in particular. They believe that India is the subject of terror attacks launched from Pakistani soils. They haven’t been fully satisfied by the handling of that issue by the present government. Can you assure them that you will tackle terror more effectively and you will be more re-assuring about India’s concerns?

Imran Khan: Well, as a policy, if Tehreek-e-Insaaf government comes to power we will insist on there being no militant groups operating within Pakistan because the world has changed. So, the groups that were created during the Afghan jihad, now this is now an outdated concept of having them as assets. The time has come to not only remove all militant groups, disarm them but also a de-weaponisation in Pakistan because it causing massive problems within the country. So, therefore, once that issue disappears, once there are no militant groups within Pakistan, I think that issue will disappear.

are these not contradicting statements made in public by IK?

How is he planning to stop militancy? by going to the rural areas and playing cricket?

So he'll put the biggest and the main issue between Pakistan and india on the "back burner"?

Makes so much sense :rolleyes:
It has pretty much been on the 'back-burner' since Musharraf's government ...

Musharraf was the man who initiated the back-channel dialog that would have essentially resulted in the kind of solution Imran Khan appears to be advocating - so I find it ironic that some here are declaring they will support Musharraf over IK because of IK's stance on Kashmir ...

You of all people should know that me along with other Musharraf supporters are against those animals in all forms and faces.
I think you are, I won't necessarily say that supporting Musharraf equates to anything meaningful against militancy. Militancy won't go away because you like western modernism. There are some very legitimate issues of the people from where the terrorist groups draw their rank and file. Musharraf did ZILCH to address that. Bombarding them also didn't help. You need a guy like Imran Khan who can engage them. Can you imagine, Musharraf talking to a jirga? Now what about Imran Khan?

With regards to this interview, here we have Imran Khan who was adamant not so long ago on operating against militants promising Indian journalist that he would do so. Imran Khan has repeatedly said he would NOT fight militancy head on rather negotiate a political solution (surrender). This is contradicting his own statements made to Pakistani people in his rallies which is deceit and deception. How is that different from what Musharraf did? that is confront radicals in all forms. Hypocrisy at best.
Correction, Imran Khan has said he would fight real terrorists which makes up the terrorist groups who can't be dealt with. He won't fight regions of people from where the terrorist groups are drawing strength and try to negotiate them to stop signing up as a consequence.

Not to mention what he said with regards to putting Kashmir aside.
He didn't say that. You still didn't quote that part.

Imran Khan: Well, as a policy, if Tehreek-e-Insaaf government comes to power we will insist on there being no militant groups operating within Pakistan because the world has changed. So, the groups that were created during the Afghan jihad, now this is now an outdated concept of having them as assets. The time has come to not only remove all militant groups, disarm them but also a de-weaponisation in Pakistan because it causing massive problems within the country. So, therefore, once that issue disappears, once there are no militant groups within Pakistan, I think that issue will disappear.

are these not contradicting statements made in public by IK?

How is he planning to stop militancy? by going to the rural areas and playing cricket?

What do you find wrong with the highlighted part and what do you find contradictory in his statement? Which statement of his own is he contradicting?

It has pretty much been on the 'back-burner' since Musharraf's government ...

Musharraf was the man who initiated the back-channel dialog that would have essentially resulted in the kind of solution Imran Khan appears to be advocating - so I find it ironic that some here are declaring they will support Musharraf over IK because of IK's stance on Kashmir ...

Musharraf never put Kashmir on a sideline. He had plenty of chances in doing so. Numerous of times backed out of an agreement with India over Kashmir. So spare me the trouble.

Back
Top Bottom