What's new

I was offered Rs. 14 crore bribe: Indian Army chief General VK Singh

ManuZ

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: In an interview to a national daily, Army chief General VK Singh has alleged that he was offered a bribe of Rs. 14 crore for clearing the purchase of 600 substandard vehicles. And in what could trigger a bigger controversy, he has also claimed that 7,000 such vehicles were already in use in the Army and that they had been sold over the years at exorbitant prices, without anyone questioning it.

"Just imagine, one of these men had the gumption to walk up to me and tell me that if I cleared the tranche, he would give me Rs. 14 crore. He was offering a bribe to me, to the Army Chief. He told me that people had taken money before me and they will take money after me," General Singh has been quoted as saying by the newspaper.

The Army chief says he informed Defence Minister AK Antony about the equipment lobbyist's bribe offer. And according him, he had recently retired from the Army. "Obviously somewhere our standards of probity and integrity have fallen," he said.

Talking about the recent controversy over his age, General Singh said that he was targeted on his date of birth because he had cracked down on corruption. "But things are fast unravelling and you will soon see the hand behind the drama. You will soon see who the sutradhar of the play is."

General Singh, who had two dates of birth in his official records, had dragged the government to the Supreme Court, contending that he was born on May 10, 1951 and not a year earlier. However, the top court refused to accept his contention, holding that he had taken promotions on the basis of May 10,1950 as his date of birth and could not "resile" on his commitment accepting that date.

General Singh will retire on May 31. Lieutenant General Bikram Singh will succeed him and takeover as the next Army Chief.

Read more at: I was offered Rs 14 crore bribe: Army chief General VK Singh

Whateva, we always use to blame politicians in case of corruption....
But we should know that every govt office are indulged in corruption... U cant get a sign from official without a bribe... Its we common people who have to change.. VK Singh has dared up to another tasks..
Hats off to him :indiaflag:

"Just imagine, one of these men had the gumption to walk up to me and tell me that if I cleared the tranche, he would give me Rs. 14 crore. He was offering a bribe to me, to the Army Chief.

Why didn't he unloaded his gun on this Ba$$$$$$. These pigs are spoiling Armed forces.

hats off to the guy really and he sould have taken it man what have you done:woot:

Back
Top Bottom