What's new

Hypocrisy of Musharraf Lovers

The same way musharaff was "elected" as president is the same way the MMA are a "democratic party".

Perhaps it's just ignorance again and it flew by your head again. In the 2002 elections, the MMA were elected into politics in the NWFP (for the last time I should add), therefore Musharraf had to come to a power sharing deal with a democractically elected Mullah party.

The MMA never existed as party until musharaff put it together,there the same face of a coin,one wears the uniform of a general while the other the uniform of a mullah,take the uniform off and basically its the same person.

MMA were put together by the JUI leader. Whether there was involvement from the Army (for various reasons, none of them fundamentalist related), is one of those things only you would state as fact, another one of those things you would put down to as solid evidence coming from a "friend of mine in high places within the Pak Army". Yes, we do believe you :agree:.

"the motivating force behind the formation of the MMA is one of the country’s most organised political parties, the Jamaat-e-Islami."

There is no doubt that MMA was formed after the 9/11 but to the best of my understanding it was formed as a direct opposition to Pakistan joining the war on terror.

Even though I am totally against the MMA; I have to grudgingly admit that MMA is democartic in nature. There is a 'Shura' in each of the parties and the leader elected by members votes. No doubt some of its faction revolve round personalities such as JUI ( Fazl R) and JUI( Sami ul Haq).

In case of JI, Maulana Maudoodi, the founder was himself forced to let the leadership go and retire gracefully in 1972. This is unlike the PPP; so called champions of democracy, where BB got herself elected as Chair Person for life!

Therefore, whatever one says about the MMA, in many ways it is more democartic than some main stream political parties.

Article 243.1 of the constitution of Pakistan states that 'The Federal Government shall have control and command of the Armed Forces' and when a person is commissioned as a member of the Armed Forces, takes the following oath

"I ------, do solemnly swear that I will bear true faith and allegiance to Pakistan and uphold the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which embodies the will of the people, that I will not engage myself in any political activities whatsoever and that I will honestly and faithfully serve Pakistan Army (or Navy or Air Force) as required by and under the law."

What penalty should musharaff suffer for breaking his oath to the nation?

dear dabong1 - i may not agree with you on many issues but this is the CRUX of the whole matter. a lot of people in the armed forces are struggling with this one! they dont have many choices, in fact just one - RESIGN their Commissions!

There is no doubt that MMA was formed after the 9/11 but to the best of my understanding it was formed as a direct opposition to Pakistan joining the war on terror.

Even though I am totally against the MMA; I have to grudgingly admit that MMA is democartic in nature. There is a 'Shura' in each of the parties and the leader elected by members votes. No doubt some of its faction revolve round personalities such as JUI ( Fazl R) and JUI( Sami ul Haq).

In case of JI, Maulana Maudoodi, the founder was himself forced to let the leadership go and retire gracefully in 1972. This is unlike the PPP; so called champions of democracy, where BB got herself elected as Chair Person for life!

Therefore, whatever one says about the MMA, in many ways it is more democartic than some main stream political parties.

Yes rightly said despite baffling people in the name of religion MMA alliance is indeed composed of democratic parties.

Fazl and Sami row is also over sidelining of members of Sami group otherwise all their members are elected by Shura in consultation with all members unlike PPP and PML(Q) or others who have no internal democracy

Back
Top Bottom