'Huge benefit for India' - USA

MINK

Reaction score
Country
India
‘Defence foundational pacts with U.S. to benefit India'
BANGALORE, February 8, 2011

Obama-Manmohan_287269f.jpg

The U.S. Ambassador to India Timothy J. Roemer said on Tuesday that India would be able to get “huge benefits” by signing the Logistics Support Agreement (LSA), the Communication Interoperability and Security Memorandum of Agreement (CISMOA) and the Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement for geo-spatial cooperation (BECA) agreements with the U.S.

Addressing the media on the eve of the Aero India 2011, the international air show that begins in Bangalore on Wednesday, Mr. Roemer said, “It is up to the Indian Government to decide the time for signing the defence foundational agreements.”

Mr. Roemer said the U.S. Government entered into these agreements “only with our closest allies, particularly the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allies.” Signing these agreements would allow India to access even more sophisticated defence technologies, he said.

U.S. Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke said the U.S. Government had already initiated “the first steps” in changing export control policies that were applicable to India. Mr. Locke said his current visit to Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai were part of a business development mission that was “a follow-up” to President Obama's visit to India in November 2010.

Twenty-four U.S. companies are participating in Aero India 2011.

Source: The Hindu

So, what our PDF members think? :angel:

U believe every word coming from usa as braham satya(gospel truth).Even after 1965 sanction,1971 threats,1998 sanctions,usa duplicity/perfidy on kashmir/pakistan,Hyde law hiding in civil deal u still dont learn it.Signing LSA,CISMOA,BECA is like honey laced poison which u'll only realise when u'll in al entirety being pulled by usa.Keep ur self independent instead of becoming uncle's ghulam.

U believe every word coming from usa as braham satya(gospel truth).Even after 1965 sanction,1971 threats,1998 sanctions,usa duplicity/perfidy on kashmir/pakistan,Hyde law hiding in civil deal u still dont learn it.Signing LSA,CISMOA,BECA is like honey laced poison which u'll only realise when u'll in al entirety being pulled by usa.Keep ur self independent instead of becoming uncle's ghulam.

oh!!really then
what you doing at USA THEN ?!?

As far as sanctions are concerned I think USA did impose sanctions first in 1975 (after first nuclear test) then again in 1998 (after second nuclear test). USA didn't impose any sanction during in 1965. Unfortunately you have highlighted all 'wrongdoing' that US did.

During 1962 Sino-Indian war then American president J.F.Kennedy immediately sent Hercules aircraft to India to transport Indian soldiers into border areas.

The Indo-US nuclear deal was of course the landmark agreement between these two countries. It is USA who brought India out of nuclear isolation.

India needs to understand they are no longer living under cold-war era.

PS: all sanctions have been lifted recently that US imposed.

i'm not signing of my arms and legs which u people are recommending india to do with all those LSA,CISMOA,BECA agreement.

Lady, you don't see anything good in India and Indians so let us suffer. Don't bother about us offering them our arms/legs to sign all those acts and agreement. Care about your life... :)
To your displeasure, unlike your military dictatorship, we do have sane leadership to take care of such decision making...

i'm not signing of my arms and legs which u people are recommending india to do with all those LSA,CISMOA,BECA agreement.

"Now u are patriotic about india" NOW THAT'S FUNNY...........:lol::lol::lol:

As far as sanctions are concerned I think USA did impose sanctions first in 1975 (after first nuclear test) then again in 1998 (after second nuclear test). USA didn't impose any sanction during in 1965. Unfortunately you have highlighted all 'wrongdoing' that US did.

During 1962 Sino-Indian war then American president J.F.Kennedy immediately sent Hercules aircraft to India to transport Indian soldiers into border areas.

The Indo-US nuclear deal was of course the landmark agreement between these two countries. It is USA who brought India out of nuclear isolation.

India needs to understand they are no longer living under cold-war era.

PS: all sanctions have been lifted recently that US imposed.
"Now u are patriotic about india" NOW THAT'S FUNNY...........:lol::lol::lol:

Lady, you don't see anything good in India and Indians so let us suffer. Don't bother about us offering them our arms/legs to sign all those acts and agreement. Care about your life... :)
To your displeasure, unlike your military dictatorship, we do have sane leadership to take care of such decision making...
You guys are too eager to become uncle sam's lapdog.

....................................................................................

Well, China also was in Uncle Sam's camp from 1969 until the Tian'anmen square massacre and it got benefited by camping there side during that time. So don't be mistaken by thinking that you were beholden to no one else. As a matter of fact, you owe a lot to USSR as well for your technological leap...

If you say so.

If you really are asking what I think. This post made me appreciate how lucky China is that it is able to stand on its own two feet and be beholden to no one else.

China is getting 'richer'. I have no doubt about that. But is China standing on its own feet? I really doubt. You know that unlike China which relies heavily on export India's growth is being fueled by its domestic demand. You have already experienced it during world financial meltdown in late 2008. When thousands of factories closed down and export dropped at its lowest level. The pile of 2 trillion dollar China is sitting on has mostly come from America.

Hence, China maybe standing own its own feet but on 'American ground'!

China is getting 'richer'. I have no doubt about that. But is China standing on its own feet? I really doubt. You know that unlike China which relies heavily on export India's growth is being fueled by its domestic demand. You have already experienced it during world financial meltdown in late 2008. When thousands of factories closed down and export dropped at its lowest level. The pile of 2 trillion dollar China is sitting on has mostly come from America.

Hence, China maybe standing own its own feet but on 'American ground'!

Correct !!! ... Well Said

India is lucky to have never followed a one child policy like china ... this has brought in a huge huge appetite for consumption of commodities which means that even if there is a fall in export for India, Indian factories would be running well to meet their own demand .... :tup:

Back
Top Bottom