What's new

How Islamic inventors changed the World

lol i have seen number of times same indians praising jews as pillar of science .... Now when it is related to muslims they are singing opposite tone. Way to go indians....

Because Islamic civilization has no contribution in Science when it comes to Indian Subcontinent. All they did is burning down the Universities and colleges putting Indians back into dark ages. They have zero or negligible contribution in Indian sub-continent, all they did is copying Indian mathematics and Ayurveda, literature etc.

Also, most of the scientific contribution during Islamic Era are from Iranians and I never heard of any scientist and Mathematician from Arabian peninsula.

well 112 nobles to jew in phy, chem surely indicates to something---> heavy brain
so the first man on the moon was a jew? xD

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Because Islamic civilization has no contribution in Science when it comes to Indian Subcontinent. All they did is burning down the Universities and colleges putting Indians back into dark ages. They have zero or negligible contribution in Indian sub-continent, all they did is copying Indian mathematics and Ayurveda, literature etc.

Also, most of the scientific contribution during Islamic Era are from Iranians and I never heard of any scientist and Mathematician from Arabian peninsula.
im sorry those evil muzzies destroyed ur country :( :sick:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

this thread is about inventions by Muslims. if you have anything to contribute please do, but don't troll and go off topic like most Indians here are doing now

Innovation , and creativity and ability to retain and pass knowledge is a General Human Trait

Muslims , had innovative mind during the time they had finances to invest , and at present they are lacking these resources but innovation still goes on forward

I am extremely proud of the heritage and innovation done by Muslim engineers and people , and contributed positively

But I think even these researchers , studied and learned from their older peers so its a continuous learning process Humans go thru

Perhaps you only need to look at creation of first Rocket Missile projectiles :P Tipu Sultan ehem.....

The "Arabian Penninsula" was a inhabitable desert , most of Muslims resided in "rich lush green sectors " which have now been divided or taken up by European countries :P

And creation of siege weapons to break down walls were also a technical achievement

Indian Mathmatics , well I doubt it was used , because during the time Muslims were innovating things , they lived in places which are part of lower Russia / Iraq / Turkey / Europe /Persia / Egypt etc ...

There was minimum contact with Indian mathematicians Last time I checked it was called Al Jabra and not ManMohand Singh Pandy

As for Litrature , I don't think many people follow the text and likely any one coming in India did not understood what the text meant , so I doubt it was used

But credit is due where it must Indians have been doing some innovation in research lately

Burning of books and universities was a practice followed by Christian Armies or Romans , as they wanted the peasants to be Romans , Muslims generally had some open hand they allowed people to practice their own stuff , otherwise Muslims would be Majority in India

They philosophical ideas of ancient thinking well it could have inspired someone but Muslim scientist were more about Practical experimentation rather then philosophical ideas

Perhaps you only need to look at creation of first Rocket Missile projectiles :P Tipu Sultan ehem.....

The "Arabian Penninsula" was a inhabitable desert , most of Muslims resided in "rich lush green sectors " which have now been divided or taken up by European countries :P

Tipu Sultan created rocket ??

That's why I used word negligible for it. Any other golden invention apart from Tipu's rocket. From time of Muhammad Bin Qasim to Bahadur Shah Jafar there is zero contribution in science, medicine or technology. Many Pakistanis claim that they made Hindu civilized in Islamic era but I only see demolition of our Universities and colleges and copying of our Mathematics, Medicine by Arabs and zero contribution in science, medicine and technology.

Many ancient knowledge like this was lost but I am not blaming Muslims for this one.
Iron pillar of Delhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's why I used word negligible for it. Any other golden invention apart from Tipu's rocket. From time of Muhammad Bin Qasim to Bahadur Shah Jafar there is zero contribution in science, medicine or technology. Many Pakistanis claim that they made Hindu civilized in Islamic era but I only see demolition of our Universities and colleges and copying of our Mathematics, Medicine by Arabs and zero contribution in science, medicine and technology.

Many ancient knowledge like this was lost but I am not blame Muslims for this one.
Iron pillar of Delhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am sure if you looked your own country's history you will unearthed many findings ...
I only found about Tipu Sultan's stuff by accident pure accident

Knowledge flows like river .. that is how it works its not domain of a sector (unless not how USA controls it via Patents)

Humans have not only gained knowledge but they have also LOST knowledge over time

example:
Romans were wonderful at sculpturing , and many Italians admit that the arts and workmanship of those time is lost

People have also lost ability to create buildings of grand stature as we see in Italy

Knowledge flows , in and out across cultures ...

I see great contributions from Indian continent in term of using spices to food as probably the biggest contribution to world delicacies

But generally , Romans / Greeks were building magnificent architectures and when they came across with Muslims new ideas emerged etc so its a continuous process

China / Ancient India was a major trade route , Europe was garbage back then so no doubt that there were innovations being done in those times , we just don't have a record of it

images

This has its background in Ottoman Empire , Greek lands but its enjoyed by all now its popular in Middle east so I thought it was actually an invention of Arabs but its not

The TERM

"badshah" ... is also a derivative of term used by Ottoman Empires where the emperors were called Patshah or something similar

But now we see this term Badshah commonly used in Subcontinent

And creation of siege weapons to break down walls were also a technical achievement

Indian Mathmatics , well I doubt it was used , because during the time Muslims were innovating things , they lived in places which are part of lower Russia / Iraq / Turkey / Europe /Persia / Egypt etc ...

There was minimum contact with Indian mathematicians Last time I checked it was called Al Jabra and not ManMohand Singh Pandy

As for Litrature , I don't think many people follow the text and likely any one coming in India did not understood what the text meant , so I doubt it was used

But credit is due where it must Indians have been doing some innovation in research lately

Burning of books and universities was a practice followed by Christian Armies or Romans , as they wanted the peasants to be Romans , Muslims generally had some open hand they allowed people to practice their own stuff , otherwise Muslims would be Majority in India

They philosophical ideas of ancient thinking well it could have inspired someone but Muslim scientist were more about Practical experimentation rather then philosophical ideas

All you are talking about Pre-Islamic science. Where Egyptians, Levants and Persians have main contribution. After the rise of Islam except Spain all other areas remained a Muslim Land. I did research about of Islamic Inventions I mostly found Persians, Persians, Persians and mostly Persians. And on Youtube I see many Persians bashing Arabs by main message,"Hamari Mehnat pe Zabardasti ka haq jatane aa gaye."

Once I was watching a Pakistani Channel where Oriya Maqbool Jaan was saying that Muslims made Indians civilized by discovering things like Nihari. Really, do the discovery of Nihari will ever equal the contribution of Aryabhatta, Bhaskara I & II, Charak, Shusrut, Panini, Brahmagupta and mighty Nalanda or Takshashila(Taxila) University. Bakhtiar Khilji could not find a copy of Quran in Nalanda University's Grand library, so he thought library is fake and put it on fire which burnt for days.

Well, I have read lot many history and I don't deny contribution of Islamic Era but it is very low in India. Their main contribution in India are in building architecture and cuisine.

Also, I would mention about Islamic Medicine system known as Yunaini which itself means it is copied from Greeks and I was once looking through ingredients used in Yunani medicine, many of the ingredient has ditto Sanskrit name of ingredient used in Ayurveda. Also, it is true that Arabs copied our Decimal system, Algebra(Beejganit) and Trigonometry.

In fact, the West has benefited more from Islam.

Since Islam was the civilization that preserved the lost Greco-Roman civilization, until the Renaissance that the West used to trace the Greco-Roman civilization from Islam.

well 112 nobles to jew in phy, chem surely indicates to something---> heavy brain

lol. Barak obama also won nobel... May be you need to be a jew or american or european to increase your chances of winning....

Well people in Bangladesh say Kazi Nazrul Islam had every potential to win nobel but he didnt win because he wrote against britain. Dont know exactly why Mohondas Koromchad didnt get any...

lol. Barak obama also won nobel... May be you need to be a jew to increase your chances of winning....

Anyway, can you deny contributions of Wolfgang Pauli, Albert Einstein, Otto Hahn, Fritz Haber, Niels Bohr etc. etc. which we have studied in school.

The things whatever Jewish are doing Zionist anything, but their scientific contribution could not be denied.

listen bro, let me tell you. Yes i agree science doesnt come with religion. Everything needs money. Muslims led science during 900-1400 because they controlled world then. Britain did it during 1700-1900 because they controlled the world then. Now americans have lab, money, facilities while we are busy to fight our poverty...

india was at war with itself, several tribes were at war with each constantly. The mughals united them. please dont take the thread off topic. if you want o discuss pre islamic india then open a new thread

rocket for military purpose was used by Tipu against britain according to History channel. I have seen a documentary there on Mughals where they praised Mughals a lot for many technologies such as using running water in their palaces which was an alien thing to europeans by that time. Anyway Muslims didn't steal your inventions indians. They are the father of systemic science. I mean modern science.. They collected knowledge from every part of the world, stored them in books, improved them. There are certain steps of science. Such as defining questioning and answering... I don't know exactly. But muslims started new era of science... Scientists believe only because of muslims greek indian inventions exist today.... Many were destroyed. Such as when Muslim spain was destroyed many books were destroyed. They first used street light 800 years ago. Unbelievable. isnt it?

Back
Top Bottom