congrats Pakistan................... just heard Pakistan won the match

Subhan'Allah

Best of Luck to Pakistan

Australia Wins

Aus-5 Ind-2(Full Time).

For a minute wiki goofed up with 76-1.

77b35d46e2973e93778f2b6be2e031ab.jpg

The goal difference is now 0.

India must win all the remaining matches.

This is the same Aussia to whom England beat 3-2 a day before.

GB

Australia thrash India 5-2 at hockey World Cup
TNN, Mar 2, 2010, 09.58pm IST

NEW DELHI: Just two days after India beat arch-rivals Pakistan 4-1, Australia thrashed the hosts 5-2 in the Pool B match of the hockey World Cup at the Major Dhyan Chand Stadium on Tuesday.

It was a triumphant performance of the Australians who dominated whole through the game. Glenn Turner was the star performer who scored twice whereas Liam De Young, Luke Doerner and Desmond Abbott scored one goal respectively.

Vikram Pillay and captain Rajpal Singh were the scorer for India.

Indian skipper Rajpal Singh scored the second goal for his side at a time when Australia had already dominated the game with 5-1 lead in a triumphant manner.

It was Glenn Turner who made the Australian dominance more prominent when he score the fifth goal giving 5-1 lead to his side in the 43rd minute just after Luke Doerner gave 4-1 lead to his side in the 42nd minute.

Earler, Nine seconds before the first-half, Vikram Pillay scored the first goal for India after receiving a quick cross from the right wing.

However, Australia looked dominant scoring three goals in the first-half. In the 26th minute Desmond Abbott scored the third goal.

Glenn Turner scored the second goal for Australia as they extended their lead to 2-0 in 10th minute of the game.

Liam De Young drew the first blood for Australia just after the match got underway in the second of the match.

India is on 4th place now.

Only first 2 qualify for semi's.

Team Pts Pld W D L GF GA GD
England 6 2 2 0 0 9 6 3
Australia 3 2 1 0 1 7 5 2
Spain 3 2 1 0 1 5 4 1
India 3 2 1 0 1 6 6 0
Pakistan 3 2 1 0 1 3 5 -2
South Africa 0 2 0 0 2 6 10 -4

GB

What does that mean?

unfair and illogical ban on our players by "Goras".

Shivendra ban unfair: Brasa

New Delhi, March 1: Indian coach Jose Brasa had harsh words for tournament director Ken Read, saying the three-match suspension for striker Shivendra Singh was “enormous and uncalled for”.

“The penalty is huge. The three-match suspension means, we will play half of our World Cup matches with only 15 players. That is a huge penalty for a player, who did not do anything on purpose. It was a normal movement of the stick,” Brasa said.

Although participating teams are allowed a squad of 18 — of whom 16 can play on a particular day —FIH rules state that a team will play with only 15 if a player is suspended.

“I know for sure that this in not the umpires’ decision, the Pakistan team did not ask for it, so who does it? If one saw the Australia-England match before that, there was a lot of physical play that could have asked for a penalty. But no one did a thing. So why penalise us? I am seeing such a thing for the first time in my life,” he said.

Talking about the Australia game, Brasa said the ban could affect the performance of his home team on Tuesday.

“We are left with 15 players for three games. And that means we are one player less for substitution, and thus the players would be less fresh and fit than a normal game,” he said.

Tournament director Read said in his statement that he wanted to set an example for other teams by penalising Shivendra.

Asked Brasa, “Are India the only ones who need to be treated like this? It is not our problem. You can set examples against Australia, Spain, Holland or any other team if you want to. Why penalise a team who are very polite on the field?”

A three-member jury, including FIH president Leandro Negre, will look into the matter after Hockey India appealed against the ban. “I am hoping for a reduction in the ban, if not a total revocation,” said Brasa.

Former India captain Zafar Iqbal criticised the decision and said such unfair rulings were not surprising for the sub-continent teams. “It was a harsh decision and I don’t know on what basis they have given it. There was hardly any protest by Pakistani players,” Zafar said.

Former player Aslam Sher Khan agreed with Zafar, saying it was deliberately done to down India’s morale ahead of the match against Australia.

“They (FIH) used to do it earlier in umpiring but with the video referral system in place this time, they opted for other means,” Aslam said.

unfair and illogical ban on our players by "Goras"./B]

very true. It was pretty evident in todays match. i found the referee was lenient towards aussies . Although the austrelians outplayed us but margin would be less if the referring was better.

actually i am quite surprised how can this 3rd class team which lost against weakest team india, can defeat spain, spain must be really a very weak team now.

actually i am quite surprised how can this 3rd class team which lost against weakest team india, can defeat spain, spain must be really a very weak team now.

no actually we had a bad luck anothe day

India has won the last match of the tournament

India's performance in last 2 decades was very poor

but we still have a chance to qualify fo semi finals

can't say after that.....................

no actually we had a bad luck anothe day

India has won the last match of the tournament

India's performance in last 2 decades was very poor

but we still have a chance to qualify fo semi finals

can't say after that.....................

only if we had won that match against india. its pretty impossible to reach the semis because aussies and english are gonna beat us. thats the final judgement.

Last edited:
only if we had won that match against india. its pretty impossible to reaching the semis because aussies and english are gonna beat us. thats the final judgement.

today starting Aussies were pusing India back from the moment the play started, they started running aggresievely at us, snatch the ball and Score in, thats what they did... then the 2nd half, long passes....

pakistan can handle them, crush them...

Back
Top Bottom