What's new

Hockey World cup Pakistan VS India Match (Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
49c3b3622ecf0a0fff28ae686f945dea.gif

India beat Pakistan 4-1 in electric World Cup match​

PTI

744b9b45a19ff3129def0df478f62909.jpg

India's Shivendera Singh (right) celebrates his first goal against Pakistan during the 2010 Hockey World Cup match between India and Pakistan in New Delhi on Sunday.

Ace drag-flicker Sandeep Singh rose to the occasion and converted two penalty corners as hosts India outplayed Pakistan in a thrilling Pool B match of the Hero Honda FIH World Cup at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium here on Sunday.

With this victory, India avenged their 3-6 Champions Challenge defeat at the hands of the sub-continental rivals in Salta, Argentina last December.

The victory not only gave India a 3-2 head-to-head record against Pakistan in the quadrennial event, but also one lakh purse each to the players and support staff of the team.

Sandeep (35th minute, 57th), Shivendra Singh (27th) and Prabhjot Singh (37th) were the scorers for India, while Sohail Abbas (59th) scored Pakistan’s lone goal.

Both India and Pakistan earned five penalty corners each, out of which the home team converted two while their opponent found the net once.

Both countries are meeting in the sporting arena in India for the first time since the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.

Sensing the pressure and stake associated with the high-profile encounter, India applied pressure on their neighbours from the onset and used both the flanks effectively.

If not for Salman Akbar, Pakistan would have been down by a bigger margin at half time. The Pakistani goalkeeper came to his side’s rescue on more than one occasion.

First Akbar denied Tushar Khandekar a chance to register his name in the scoreboard by stopping the Indian forwards’ powerful strike as early as in the seventh minute of the match, and then gloved away Diwakar Ram’s flick from the hosts’ first penalty corner in the 16th minute.

India’s domination can be gauged from the fact that they thoroughly controlled the midfield, with Pakistan hardly making inroads into their rival’s goal in the first half.

India’s constant pressure eventually resulted in the first goal of the match through a hardworking Shivendra, who scored from a rebound after Sandeep’s grounded flick was saved by Akbar off the hosts’ second penalty corner in the 25th minute.

India then doubled their lead just five seconds from the interval from a set-piece.

India earned their third penalty corner after the home team appealed for a foot foul and the video umpire upheld the appeal. Sandeep made no mistake this time and sounded the board much to the delight of the capacity crowd to go into the breather with a 2-0 lead.

Playing before their home crowd, the motivated Indians started from where they left in the first half and made it 3-0 two minutes into the second half when veteran forward Prabhjot Singh scored from a goal-mouth melee.

Pakistan also has to consider themselves unlucky as the wood work denied them two scoring chances, on both occasions it was Abbas who was the unfortunate one.

Sandeep registered his second goal of the day, again converting a short corner with aplomb in the 57th minute.

Pakistan pulled up a consolation two minutes later when Abbas became third time lucky, converting his side’s fourth penalty corner.

There were some more drama in the dying moments of the match as both India and Pakistan earned a penalty corner each but failed to find the net.

With a win under their belt, India will now face Australia, who lost 2-3 at the hands of England earlier in the day, while Pakistan will take on Spain next.

India made a strong start to their campaign in the World Cup 2010 as they trounced arch-rivals Pakistan 4-1 in their first game of the Hockey World Cup 2010.

Sandeep Singh scored two goals while Shivendra Singh and Prabhjot Singh celebrated with a goal each.

It was Shivendra Singh who started the proceedings for India as he slammed the first goal of the match in the 27th minute that was set up by captain Rajpal Singh. The home crowd roared in jubilation as the ball zoomed past the Pakistani goal keeper.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Yara read my post again i said the same thing that it was not any fear of security rather extreme pressure playing against Indian team in their own country and with an Indian hostile crowd.

Besides our team had been going through some seriouse internal politics and indeed bad time.

The boys are too much young as compared to other teams and seriously not that skilled.

Jana Dear : Situation is not that rossy on the Indian Hockey side either. We didn't even qualify for the world cup and are probably at the worst ranking ever. But they are players playing hockey for years and know how to deal with such issues. I am big fan of sohail abbas and in past he alone had turned the matches in pakistan favour.

It's all about hockey played on the field on a particular day rest of the things takes a back seat.. I hope you will agree with me..

congrats India...........................

HAHAHA Grounded!! what a noob :cheers:

MIA tera f-16 bacha hai usko apne abba ke hatho kyu pitwana chatha hai?

MIA SU-30 MKI to usko ABBA KA BHI ABBA HAI TERE F-16 KE LIYE YAHI KAFI HAI ..

f3f577f0cb3cd2dbbd42dee599554ca8.jpg

yaar ye baar baar mia kyo bol raha hai

India made a strong start to their campaign in the World Cup 2010 as they trounced arch-rivals Pakistan 4-1 in their first game of the Hockey World Cup 2010.

Sandeep Singh scored two goals while Shivendra Singh and Prabhjot Singh celebrated with a goal each.

It was Shivendra Singh who started the proceedings for India as he slammed the first goal of the match in the 27th minute that was set up by captain Rajpal Singh. The home crowd roared in jubilation as the ball zoomed past the Pakistani wicketkeeper.:cheers:

oh ! they fielded a wicketkeeper in front of the goal.....:cheesy:

Congrats to my compatriots...It was great win...I hope our news papers give front page coverage tomorrow. Hockey needs inspirational wins like this. Come on guys---

Phir Dil Do Hockey Ko.....

Oh ... I wanted to start this thread in current event but have started it in a wrong place. Anyone knows how I can move this thread ?

India played well and Pakistan didn't . So the best team won. Congratulation to Indians.

Tonight their is another big ice hockey match . Canada Vs USA.
My one flag lost I hope not the other. :lol:.
Jin X u like ice hokey

India played well and Pakistan didn't . So the best team won. Congratulation to Indians.

Tonight their is another big ice hockey match . Canada Vs USA.
My one flag lost I hope not the other. :lol:.
Jin X u like ice hokey

i saw first time hokey match between Pakistan and India

it was so good bad luck for Pakistan but truly Indian played well and they win

@ to Indian friends,
although we won, don't you think we should have scored at least a couple of more goals..and also weren't we sluggish at the dying minutes where we let in a number of penalty corners?? I guess we need a lot of improvements if we gonna win the world cup...nyways,It was good to see a lot of passionate crowd and the ferocity in the players especially in the first half....

Also it was nice to see Aussies drubbed by England.........

YAY India won, i dont watch hockey but its good to hear that India won as well as it was an India vs Pakistan game. Truly there is no competition like an Indo vs Pak game. Hope to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom