What's new

Hindutva outfit launches campaign to ban Fajr Adhan in India

if happened,Modi govt might not survive one week more,This is something i atleast do know about the indian muslims
This is India, not Pakistan where govts fall suddenly. This government will end its tenure in 2019 after which elections will be held.

hmm....but mata rani..is same ...goddess durga....and her other form.....

I know it, I was emphasizing on the name. Mata Rani/Durga is one of the most revered Goddesses among North Indians. Shaivaite and Vaishnavite practices are common both in North and South.

Just tour the south to know the extent of Shaivite worship. Actually we had both. The Tanjore big temple and Chidambaram Nataraja temple and many more are example of our shaivite worship.
For Vishnu worship we had the great Tirupathi, again built by early tamilians, and another one in Srirangam.
And Temples all over TN and N.Lanka for Lord Karthikeyan.
u know lord muruga is not very celebrated lord in north.....hardly rememberd by any one....and rarely worshipped.....he is only remember along the lord shiva and ganesha...and once again in durga puja festival.....

People who like chaos and noise pollution may not have any problem but people who love peace and order in their cities have always opposed such misuse of loudspeakers.

I guess you count among the former.
--
it more about rule
10 pm ban on loudspeaker by SC
most of worship by muslim is before 10pm

But in every society we have extremist factors,probably India must have some of patches. How govt or locals resolve the issue. Azan ever been banned or provided any alternate ?
No one is asking to ban azan. They are asking to ban the use of loudspeakers for azan.

I know it, I was emphasizing on the name. Mata Rani/Durga is one of the most revered Goddesses among North Indians. Shaivaite and Vaishnavite practices are common both in North and South.
hmmm....i agree...i was only.emphasizing on the extent of influence of shavites and vaishnav......
but isn't this shakti worship a very late phenomena....i mean it there in harappan civilization as mother goddesses and then in later vedic period too...but was never very common among the masses.....and later in india it became a wide spread cult...

--
shiva worship in ling form even from harrapa civilization

That's Kalibangan Terracotta Shivaling belong to Indus Valley civilization. :yes4:

terracotta-linga-from-kalibangan.jpg

Not quite sure about what this has to do with "strategic Pakistani issues" o_O.

As for the topic. No need for the loudspeakers IF it disturbs folks. However I have my suspicions about such a group wanting to ban something from the Muslim prayer purely because it "disturbs" people. I'd say the same thing about a Muslim group that is known to be extreme wanting to ban certain things from other faiths because they cause noise congestion, traffic problems etc.

Just tour the south to know the extent of Shaivite worship. Actually we had both. The Tanjore big temple and Chidambaram Nataraja temple and many more are example of our shaivite worship.
For Vishnu worship we had the great Tirupathi, again built by early tamilians, and another one in Srirangam.
And Temples all over TN and N.Lanka for Lord Karthikeyan.

Kartik is worshiped once in a year during Durga Puja in North India.

u know lord muruga is not very celebrated lord in north.....hardly rememberd by any one....and rarely worshipped.....he is only remember along the lord shiva and ganesha...and once again in durga puja festival.....

I know. He was celebrated as the God of War and he was very famous till 10th century after which HIS influence waned in the north. Skanda Purana, on Lord Kartik, is the biggest of the 18 Puranaas, and in Mahabharata, his name is the one most mentioned during the Kurukshetra war.
And during Gupta rule, he was the most famous one. Rulers and coins were named after him.

I know. He was celebrated as the God of War and he was very famous till 10th century after which HIS influence waned in the north. Skanda Purana, on Lord Kartik, is the biggest of the 18 Puranaas, and in Mahabharata, his name is the one most mentioned during the Kurukshetra war.
And during Gupta rule, he was the most famous one. Rulers and coins were named after him.
really..... i never knew those.....
thanks....

Back
Top Bottom