What's new

Hindus still tied in knots over marriage registration in Pakistan

MINK

Reaction score
Country
India
Hindus still tied in knots over marriage registration in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: The largest minority in Pakistan is struggling to register marriages due to chronic delays in the passage of the Hindu Marriage Act. The draft bill, proposed in 2008 but yet to be tabled before parliament, seeks to address the decades-old problem faced by the Hindu community in Pakistan, which numbers approximately four million.
In Pakistan there is no system for the registration of marriages of certain minorities, including Hindus, Sikhs and Baha’is. There is, however, marriage registration for Christians.

“These are not the best of times for us as we face stiff resistance from the government on the issue,” said MNA Dr Araish Kumar. The government and some Hindus do not see eye-to-eye over the controversial divorce clause. “How can we allow the inclusion of a divorce clause as there is no concept of divorce in our religion?” Kumar said. “Hindus will get Computerized National Identity Cards (CNIC) if the bill gets passed,” he said, adding that Pakistani Hindus often face difficulties when travelling abroad due to a lack of a marriage certificate.
Clause 13, the controversial passage of the proposed 16-page bill, states that any Hindu can divorce his wife or her husband at any time and in any court.
Various conditions have been proposed for divorce proceedings. The new draft empowers any court to entertain any petition for the legal dissolution of a marriage. Various other rules have also been mentioned in the bill, such as when divorcees may marry again, the legal rights of children, void and voidable marriages, the punishment of bigamy and punishments for other contraventions of Hindu marriage laws.
The draft also described practical ramifications of divorce cases, such as the content and verification of petitions, custody of children, ownership of property and savings, and repeals.
Minister pushes for bill

“Our first priority is to get the Hindu Marriage Act passed at all cost,” said Minister for National Harmony Akram Masih Gill in an exclusive interview with The Express Tribune.
He admitted that the divorce clause remains a bone of contention between the government and Hindu community. However, the minister is optimistic a consensus can be reached on the issue after taking all stakeholders into confidence. “I will go to every extent for rights of minorities,” he said. “Marriage Registration Acts will be prepared for all minorities.”

He added that the government had sought the opinion of Hindu community leaders from Hindu Panchayat (Karachi Division), Nagarparkar in Tharparkar and Rahim Yar Khan, who drafted the bill for marriage registration based on the Indian model.

Sikh concerns

Sikh community leaders have dispelled the impression that this bill can also be applied to marriage registrations of Sikhs based on the Indian model. “We will introduce separate bills for marriage registration of Hindus, Sikhs and Bahai’s,” said Gill, who has decided to summon a meeting of all lawmakers and representatives who represent minorities to pave the way to table the bill in parliament.
“How can this proposed act be applicable for us as our customs are totally different for performing marriages,” said Swaran Singh, a senior member of Pakistan Sikhs Gurdwara Parbandak Committee.
Pointing out differences, he said: “Hindus take seven lavans (name of hymns) while we take five lavans for performing marriages. Hindus also take fire or pitcher [matka] while Sikhs recite from Guru Granth Sahib (the Sikh Holy Book). The male leads in the Sikh religion but a woman in the Hindu religion.”

Hindus still tied in knots over marriage registration – The Express Tribune

i believe the ~50,000 Sikhs in Pakistan enjoy there own marriage act yet in the millions of Sikhs in India do not get that same right which in my opinion is retarded a secular country does not pass that legislation but an Islamic republic does.... anyways i hope they pass the Hindu marriage act legislation as well for Hindus living in Pakistan

i believe the ~50,000 Sikhs in Pakistan enjoy there own marriage act yet in the millions of Sikhs in India do not get that same right which in my opinion is retarded a secular country does not pass that legislation but an Islamic republic does.... anyways i hope they pass the Hindu marriage act legislation as well for Hindus living in Pakistan
It is another matter that the Pakistani Sikhs are enjoying their marriage,but what the recent attacks on several Guradwaras in Sindh recently.Till now not a single person has been arrested according to Ramesh Singh,head Of the Pakistani Sikh Association.I have read a report in a Pakistani newspaper that Sikhs were protesting out the Parliament in Islamabad with Banners,placards. About passing the Hindu marriage act legislation,first let Pakistan improve the LAW & ORDER situation in Sindh where there are more Hindus residing . More then 300 Hindu Families from Sindh have applied for Asylum in India recently.The Hindus from Sindh complained that their shops were looted & their Girls were kidnapped & forcibly converted.What is the point in passing the Hindu Marriage legislation when Hindus families in Sindh are residing in fear.It is like putting the cart wheel before the horse.Oh Mr Indian Sikh,something is terribly wrong with you

Thanks for appreciating. U guys atleast pat us on our backs of the things which we have done positive.
Now abt topic and hindus, Well u first need to understand hindus are NOT biggest minority. That credit goes to either Ahmedis or Christians then come hindus.

And to be honest we respect Sikhs because they are honorable people who are kind enough to seve the country in armed forces as well as these are certain things or our standards of appreciating the different people. Hence Sikhs are respected in our Society and also the fact that they aint hypocrites like hindus of Pakistan who even flee their own country for our enemy and even give up their Nationality only to find themselves in even worst condition there. Hence im not much interested in those who are interested to leave any way. So no law for them from my side.

As far as Sikhs and Christians are concerned yes they are our brothers and need to be pampered. And from what i know they are well off here in Pakistan and are mostly businessmen.

Thanks for appreciating. U guys atleast pat us on our backs of the things which we have done positive.
Now abt topic and hindus, Well u first need to understand hindus are NOT biggest minority. That credit goes to either Ahmedis or Christians then come hindus.

And to be honest we respect Sikhs because they are honorable people who are kind enough to seve the country in armed forces as well as these are certain things or our standards of appreciating the different people. Hence Sikhs are respected in our Society and also the fact that they aint hypocrites like hindus of Pakistan who even flee their own country for our enemy and even give up their Nationality only to find themselves in even worst condition there. Hence im not much interested in those who are interested to leave any way. So no law for them from my side.

As far as Sikhs and Christians are concerned yes they are our brothers and need to be pampered. And from what i know they are well off here in Pakistan and are mostly businessmen.

Unlike Sikhs,Hindus are hypocrites because they fled to India yr enemy & they gave their Nationality.Have u ever realized why are Hindus leaving their homeland Sindh,Pakistan because they are not safe.The Law & order situation in Sindh is becoming worse day by day.What about Hazaras who are facing a genocide situation.More then 5000 Hazaras families have applied for Asylum in different countries particularly Australlia,many have given their Pakistani Nationality for good. Well I have come across many Pakistanis in USA or Europe where they will pass off like Indians,because Pakistanis are facing a Identity crisis. Recently a mob of Sikhs entered the Parliament in Islamabad protesting against the attack on several Guradwaras in Sindh.About Christians,they are well off, yeah.A Helicopter was sent to rescue a mentally challenged girl charged with Blasphmey.Last year more then 100 Christian homes were set on fire by Islamic Extremists right in front of police in Islamabad. In NFWP,2 suicide bombers attacked a Church killing more then 100.In short whether it is Ahmediyas,Shias,Christians or Hindus nobody is safe

Unlike Sikhs,Hindus are hypocrites because they fled to India yr enemy & they gave their Nationality.Have u ever realized why are Hindus leaving their homeland Sindh,Pakistan because they are not safe.The Law & order situation in Sindh is becoming worse day by day.What about Hazaras who are facing a genocide situation.More then 5000 Hazaras families have applied for Asylum in different countries particularly Australlia,many have given their Pakistani Nationality for good. Well I have come across many Pakistanis in USA or Europe where they will pass off like Indians,because Pakistanis are facing a Identity crisis. Recently a mob of Sikhs entered the Parliament in Islamabad protesting against the attack on several Guradwaras in Sindh.About Christians,they are well off, yeah.A Helicopter was sent to rescue a mentally challenged girl charged with Blasphmey.Last year more then 100 Christian homes were set on fire by Islamic Extremists right in front of police in Islamabad. In NFWP,2 suicide bombers attacked a Church killing more then 100.In short whether it is Ahmediyas,Shias,Christians or Hindus nobody is safe
Shut up kid! all u wrote is rubbish. Hazaras r joining our armed forces in numbers and u say they are fleeing and a ''genocide'' is happening!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The most funniest thing is if an indian talks abt genocide who are responsible for genocides in their gujrat state and have killed 600,000 kashmiri muslims since 1947 and they are talking abt ''genocide''

Hindus are disloyal to our country and its good if they are being kicked out or going out by themselves. As far as we are concern we dont give a damn abt it and no law will be imposed on their behalf. If somebody wants to live here so ahead if not then just get lost.

Shut up kid! all u wrote is rubbish. Hazaras r joining our armed forces in numbers and u say they are fleeing and a ''genocide'' is happening!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The most funniest thing is if an indian talks abt genocide who are responsible for genocides in their gujrat state and have killed 600,000 kashmiri muslims since 1947 and they are talking abt ''genocide''

Hindus are disloyal to our country and its good if they are being kicked out or going out by themselves. As far as we are concern we dont give a damn abt it and no law will be imposed on their behalf. If somebodonlyy wants to live here so ahead if not then just get lost.
Hazaras are joining armed forces?.What about the attacks on Alamdar Road,Hundreds of people belonging to the Hazara Shia community staged a sit-in on Alamdar Road on Friday and refused to bury the dead. More then 700 Hazaras have died this year.Dont try to fool me,I have seen documentaries on Alzeera. I do read Pakistani Newspapers.What about the attacks on Shias in Mastung,Chillas,Astore,Giligit.Some 20 Shias were thrown from a Bus,their were blind folded and shot dead brutally.Most of the attacks on Shias,Hazaras were carried by Laskhar -E-Jhangvi

Hazaras are joining armed forces?.What about the attacks on Alamdar Road,Hundreds of people belonging to the Hazara Shia community staged a sit-in on Alamdar Road on Friday and refused to bury the dead. More then 700 Hazaras have died this year.Dont try to fool me,I have seen documentaries on Alzeera. I do read Pakistani Newspapers.What about the attacks on Shias in Mastung,Chillas,Astore,Giligit.Some 20 Shias were thrown from a Bus,their were blind folded and shot dead brutally.Most of the attacks on Shias,Hazaras were carried by Laskhar -E-Jhangvi
LOL its western and yr RAW funded and trained terrorists who do it but that mastung incident was a long way back it hasnt happened again. But i still busted yr bubble of hazaras leaving our country as they are joining our armed forces in numbers. @LoveIcon @DESERT FIGHTER show him pictures or educate this kid. This is Pakistan Military Forum kiddo yr state propaganda wont be appreciated here.

Anyways this is off topic and i can see ur a new member so focus on hindus only here.

I think Sikhs already have separate Marriage - But anyway, Hindus are the largest minority and GoP should take this matter seriously and speed up consultation and pass marriage act of Hindus, I don't know the population of Buddhists & Bahais in Pakistan - so can't comment on separate marriage act for them, maybe same marriage act can be applied on Hindus, Budhists, Parsis & Bahais like in India?

Sikhs r no different than Hindus...except from their mind set..as u r bragging about..

I think Sikhs already have separate Marriage - But anyway, Hindus are the largest minority and GoP should take this matter seriously and speed up consultation and pass marriage act of Hindus, I don't know the population of Buddhists & Bahais in Pakistan - so can't comment on separate marriage act for them, maybe same marriage act can be applied on Hindus, Budhists, Parsis & Bahais like in India?
Actually its either Ahmedis or Christians largest minority. Hindus dont make that much numbers.

“How can we allow the inclusion of a divorce clause as there is no concept of divorce in our religion?” Kumar said.

wtf- Radical hindus- Divorce is a birth right of every women-

Actually its either Ahmedis or Christians largest minority. Hindus dont make that much numbers.

Ahamadis are at number 3 - Hindus + Schedule Casts forms about 50% of minorities, Christians are 2nd largest minority.

LOL its western and yr RAW funded and trained terrorists who do it but that mastung incident was a long way back it hasnt happened again. But i still busted yr bubble of hazaras leaving our country as they are joining our armed forces in numbers. @LoveIcon @DESERT FIGHTER show him pictures or educate this kid. This is Pakistan Military Forum kiddo yr state propaganda wont be appreciated here.

Anyways this is off topic and i can see ur a new member so focus on hindus only here.
About the Mastung incident it was a long way back & hasn't happened again.I see,nice logic,it is like saying the attacks on the Sri Lankas happened long time & afterwards there was no such incident bcoz the Lankans didn't come.Well everything is done by Indians only even Polio workers in Pakistan were kidnapped & shot dead by RAW.Just type on you tube Abbas town Blasts. An entire Shia colony was bombed by a Suicide bomber in Karachi.Some 200 homes were destroyed.The entire building was reduced to rubble.Many of the residents had taken loans while some of them had used their hard earnings to buy a flat.The latest sectarian voilence incident was in Rawal pindi when a Shia procession was attacked.I have seen the footage of rival groups targetting each other moques with rocks & stones.About the attacks on Hazaras,Indians are coming to Quetta via Amritsar & from lahore,they take a train to Quetta.Indians are training Laskhar E Jhangvi.I have seen the footage of Alamdar Road suicide bombing

Back
Top Bottom