What's new

High-speed rail used to transport troops for first time

HSR is used for rapid mobilisation, not battlefield maneuvers.

They are likely to be used for logistics before the start of a conflict, and also during conflict as long as the network is sufficiently hidden behind the front lines.

Shortening of response time by 1/3 has major advantages.

2011-07-23__China%20train.jpg

Express train derails in China

An express train has derailed in eastern China, the country's official news agency Xinhua says.

Two of the train's coaches fell off a bridge after derailing in Zhejiang province, local fire fighting sources were quoted as saying. It is not known if there any casualties.

The train was travelling from Hangzhou to Wenzhou when it went off the rails at about 2030 (1230 GMT).

China is spending billions on constructing a high-speed rail network.

Xinhua said the train, numbered D3115, derailed at Shuangyu town in Wenzhou, and rescue workers were at the scene.

It said the capacity of each carriage was about 100, although the number of people on the train has not been confirmed.

Last month China inaugurated its Beijing-Shanghai high-speed rail link.

The 300 km/h (190mph) train halves the journey time to under five hours.

China is planning to roll out high-speed lines across the country.

But the project has come under fire for its high cost - the Beijing-Shanghai line cost 215bn yuan ($33bn; £21bn).

The BBC's Martin Patience in Beijing says there are also fears corruption has compromised safety in the network's construction.

This is a report from Bangladesh.

here is another master piece of wiki professor putting on a random negative news on a chinese thread``guess you've been very frustrated lately!?

An express train has derailed in eastern China, the country's official news agency Xinhua says.

Two of the train's coaches fell off a bridge after derailing in Zhejiang province, local fire fighting sources were quoted as saying. It is not known if there any casualties.

The train was travelling from Hangzhou to Wenzhou when it went off the rails at about 2030 (1230 GMT).

Xinhua said the train, numbered D3115, derailed at Shuangyu town in Wenzhou, and rescue workers were at the scene.

It said the capacity of each carriage was about 100, although the number of people on the train has not been confirmed.

But the project has come under fire for its high cost - the Beijing-Shanghai line cost 215bn yuan ($33bn; £21bn).

The BBC's Martin Patience in Beijing says there are also fears corruption has compromised safety in the network's construction.

All time low for you to post stuff like this Tiki.

Well, news flash, amigo:
Train derails in India, at least 67 killed - CBS News

And that was not even an express train.

Tiki is dropping to his all time low and let's not do the same. It is disrespectful to make fun of disasters where people lost their lives.

I'm not making fun of the accident. My condolences go to all those affected by it. I'm simply trying to show Tik that unfortunate accidents happen to every country.

confession of a fresh Chinese female green card holder

why i have to go to US? we r such people do every thing to go to the US, even by cheating, fake marriage, what all these for? those who pay 80 grand for illegal immigration to US, what r they do this for? just for a stable job, a comfortable environment, a affordable house, a low spending on commodity and food, free schooling, dont have to afraid of unemployment, affordable medical system, have pension when u r old.

I start reading at 9, start planing my career at 18. start writing poem and practical training at 20. 21 become a teacher. go to shanghai with my saving when im 23. start working on gain attention to become a internet celebrity at 24. go to US at 25 by my saving and popularity both my internet celebrity career brought me. who want to be the second one, from a completely nobody, a penniless guy, now has been walked through so much, its tough.
brother,
there is a lot of mistake in your post.please don't feel offended.

High-speed rail used to transport troops for first time - People's Daily Online July 19, 2011

On July 16, a white G224 train started at Qingdao station, where its passengers were transferred to a high-speed train at Jinan station, which then headed to Shanghai. These were no ordinary passengers. They were hundreds of officers and servicemen of the first army unit to travel by high speed rail

U2142P27T162D302F3855DT20090512104119.jpg

The troops were assembled at the appointed areas of rail station and got on from the front and the back of the train. The whole boarding process was finished within three minutes. The train arrived in Shanghai at 1:34 p.m., four hours faster than the normal bullet train.

The use of high-speed rail in military transportation keeps pace with the development of railway, and it is also a successful trial to boost the efficiency of military deployment, said Yang Tonghai, a political commissar of the Jinan military region.

By People's Daily Online

its a good news that chinese have made one among the fastest railway network in the world.
congrats to chinese government and people.:yahoo:

I'm not making fun of the accident. My condolences go to all those affected by it. I'm simply trying to show Tik that unfortunate accidents happen to every country.

Well, some countries do have more accidents than others. It's just disgusting to be gleeful about it. This is especially true if your country has the worst train safety record in history and when 10/62 worst train accidents in the post-WW2 era happened in your country.

Well, some countries do have more accidents than others. It's just disgusting to be gleeful about it.

I know. This is why we should be better than those people and not make the same kind of arguments they make.

It is indeed very impressive, the kind of advancement made by China in the field of long distance high speed trains.
However, the photograph shown above does not illustrate an example of troops being moved either for operations or for training. These are unarmed soldiers/sailors carrying no equipment whatsoever. These guys are being taken for a joyride, nothing else. Some enterprising and imaginative reporter has given it a different color. I am not saying that high speed trains can not transport combat units or sub units. Obviously they can. But surely not this one. It has to be modified and built to certain specifications to permit carriage of an infantry battalion. Personal weapons, crew served weapons, anti tank rocket launchers, ATGMs, mortars, tons and tons of ammunition plus tons of other sundry warlike stores should be loaded in sub unit lots along with their respective sub units in a manner that permits quick unloading and deployment at the destination end. Otherwise, the infantry battalion will not be battle worthy for at least one full day if the troops have to unload and sort out their stuff from luggage compartments/bogies. And what happens to the transport fleet? An infantry battalion does have a sizable transport fleet, even those on the orbat of mountain divisions.
Once again, I am not saying that custom built military trains can not operate on high speed lines. All I am saying is that this is not it. This could very well be a large leave party proceeding on leave from duty station.
Regards.

So far the official explanation of the disaster is that the train lost power during a lightning strike and was subsequently hit from behind by another speeding train. The train was travelling at an average speed of around 140km/h at the time, making it less than the 200km/h speed required to be classified as a HSR in china.

Should have an automatic notify system in case power is lost.

Another first in the world by China, Keep up the good work big Bro:china:
And this thing will really take the military logistics to a new height, a great leap forward to China, simply unmatched by any other military.

There was also another first of China.

The first derailment of a Hi Speed train.

But that was expected. In doing 'another first', adequate attention is not paid to the safety and also detailed and proper construction.

Instead of first, it should be robustness of construction so as to ensure the safety and maintainability.

The same thing happened to the Highway that collapsed because they had to meet the deadline to be ready for the CCP celebrations!

There was also another first of China.

The first derailment of a Hi Speed train.

But that was expected. In doing 'another first', adequate attention is not paid to the safety and also detailed and proper construction.

Instead of first, it should be robustness of construction so as to ensure the safety and maintainability.

The same thing happened to the Highway that collapsed because they had to meet the deadline to be ready for the CCP celebrations!

First all of this isn't even considered a high speed train.

Second of all no one can stop natural F**king disasters.

Third of all have some damn respect and stop gloating over others misfortunes.

Back
Top Bottom