What's new

Heroes of Tiananmen Square, Where Are They Now

^^^ only a Turd blossom brainwashed Chini will look at video and say "no, since my brainwashers have not confirmed it is all fake! " :lol:

^^^

The video is just a video. There is no context in a video if you know what context is, inchworn?

nah this is just part of the problem

I repeat there is a missing piece in the whole puzzle: Who was behind all the organized protests which aimed to topple the Government and turned it into Libya, Tunisia, a disintegration of Yugoslavia, Soviet Union .. ?

Most of the students were tragic pawns. Dont be naive!

People usually don't buy conspiracy theory, so if you want to convince people that there are more sinister elements behind he protests, you have to do thorough investigation and make it public. Otherwise, the CCP government's image will be forever tarnished. Also please do not bring in Syria, Yugoslavia etc, since I don't care and I don't know the details of their protests. It would be ignorant for me to compare them with China.

As I said, the government was just immature, inexperienced in dealing with protests. They thought they could achieve the end results by any means, but they forgot that bad image can haunt them for eternity, when you consider China has kept our historical records since time immemorial.

^^^ only a Turd blossom brainwashed Chini will look at video and say "no, since my brainwashers have not confirmed it is all fake! " :lol:

Can't wait for you to get banned. We all know its only a matter of time. Maybe you can come back with your 'Korean' double account.

1) I feel sad for those who have perished, they were just poor pawns in a political game.
2) The students' intention might be good, but they had done the wrong thing at the wrong place in a wrong time. If they have succeeded, they would have bring more harm to China then they ever bargained for.
3) I will not salute to the so called "leaders", they are despicable, most of them got away ahead of time while knowing that their supporters will face the tragedy.
4) Some of the students were naive, the instant they tried to persuade the military at the square to switch to their side they had sealed their fate.
5) The government at that time handled the incident so badly right from the beginning, in one word: Sucks.
6) Since then The government has made some improvement, but far from enough.
7) Yes, corruption is still a problem in China. If the government don't deal with it with greater determination it will bite their *** one day.
8) Freedom is nice but not at a price of shattering the country, unfortunately China is surrounded by predators and scavengers on all sides.

^^^ dimwit chini the micro blog is showing/reporting videos being shown all over china of what took place. They did not make up the scenario. The news is 100% true.

You are right that some people of HK look down at mainland Chinese. But these same people would treat Indian much worse, much worse than Filipinos or Vietnamese, which they would treat worse than mainland Chinese. And maybe even worse than Africans.

People usually don't buy conspiracy theory, so if you want to convince people that there are more sinister elements behind he protests, you have to do thorough investigation and make it public. Otherwise, the CCP government's image will be forever tarnished. Also please do not bring in Syria, Yugoslavia etc, since I don't care and I don't know the details of their protests. It would be ignorant for me to compare them with China.

As I said, the government was just immature, inexperienced in dealing with protests. They thought they could achieve the end results by any means, but they forgot that bad image can haunt them for eternity, when you consider China has kept our historical records since time immemorial.
I don't think it is very hard to believe that there are factions within CCP as it is in any political party. It is naive to think that there weren't element within CCP that want to profit from the student movement.

Zhao Ziyang is party secretary and is officially running the country.

China at that time is in serious economic trouble. Inflation is running at 30%. China is going through the disorder of switching from state-controlled pricing to market driven capitalist system.

The initial demand of the student is actually against inflation, corruption and scalping/profiteering(官倒/倒卖) from pricing confusion. And ironically Zhao Ziyang's son is actually controlling the profiteering businesses. Who would be held most responsible for the mess that China was in at that very moment?

And when Zhao Ziyang met Gorbachev in 1989, he said Deng XiaoPing is the supreme leader and control all policies. The students in the square begin to chant anti-Deng slogan the very next day.

Just ask yourself these questions.

How do country in the world handle mass protest? With police force of course. And WHO control the police force in the capital city?

Why do Deng has to maneuver with Yang Shangkun(then President of China) in order to come up with questionable constitutional authority(Zhao refuse to sign) to mobilize the army?

After the incident, Zhao was put into house arrest? Who else in the CCP/Police/Military force was arrested?

These things were not talked about then is because the party brass(read Deng) don't like to look like they are not in control. Stability of the country is of utmost primacy.

Similarly that is why it is not allowed to be talked about today, because it would be bad for the unity of the party and of the nation. The harms that it would bring would out weight the benefits. One of the secrets of CCP/China success is that they do get their priorities right.

^^^

See how orderly the Chinese people are?

And no police hitting protectors with sticks?

Unlike the Indians.

because to those indian polices, those mobs are like objects, what can you expect from that barbaric feudal society India?

that's why he ran off to a civilized country and never planned to go back, all my indian leather suppliers want to move out of India where they don't know when and where their wifes and kids gonna be gang shagged by random low caste objects

only a naïve deluded curry b@g who feels too ashamed to be an indian and now lives in a modern world can understand the meaning of not living in a slum:cheesy:

have you taken my suggestion to venture to that $hity place of your origin?

Can't wait for you to get banned. We all know its only a matter of time. Maybe you can come back with your 'Korean' double account.

The one who could not handle the reality, debate properly and was abusive as usual (for chinis) from the get go, is already the banned. Take rest armchairPrivate while you are banned, catch up on breath and use your brain next time.

only a naïve deluded curry b@g who feels too ashamed to be an indian and now lives in a modern world can understand the meaning of not living in a slum:cheesy:

have you taken my suggestion to venture to that $hity place of your origin?

Look at another Lunatic!!! What's with these Chinese? Tiananmen Square was a reality and no matter how hard you try to hide/avoid people in free world know about what happened there and discuss it. I don't get it what's the point of getting abusive over the known facts instead of debating properly.

You are right that some people of HK look down at mainland Chinese. But these same people would treat Indian much worse, much worse than Filipinos or Vietnamese, which they would treat worse than mainland Chinese. And maybe even worse than Africans.

So?..................... Are you telling us all how racist hong kongers are and existence of some racial discrimination hierarchy there? :woot:

All fled overseas and marginalized, every 4th of June they get an interview or two.

No one really cares about their fate or their cause apart from media the likes of NTDTV, Epoch times the usually falungong suspects.

Hero? say who, the Epoch Times? The mouth piece of Falun Gong?

Chai Ling, the commander in chief of the student movement sued the filmmaker of the following documentary. Ironically the same documentary is considered pro-student, pro-democracy and is banned by China.

The Gate of Heavenly Peace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Gate of Heavenly Peace (Chinese: 天安门; pinyin: Tiānānmén) is a 1995 documentary film, produced by Richard Gordon and Carma Hinton, about the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.

The Gate of Heavenly Peace sparked controversy before it had even been completed. The film was part of a growing debate over the history of 1989; according to an article that appeared in The New York Times on April 30, 1995, “a central question for many in the student movement, and for some historians, is whether moderation gave way to extremism during those six weeks and whether the more radical student leaders spurned opportunities to declare victory by ending the demonstrations and preserving, perhaps, the reformist trend that was still a prominent feature of the Chinese leadership."[5]

The New York Times article also quoted from a controversial interview that was used in The Gate of Heavenly Peace. On May 28, 1989, just days before the massacre, American journalist Philip Cunningham interviewed one of the student movement’s most prominent leaders, Chai Ling. In this interview, Chai indicated that “the hidden strategy of the leadership group she dominated was to provoke the Government to violence against the unarmed students. With statements [in the interview] like ‘What we are actually hoping for is bloodshed’ and ‘Only when the square is awash with blood will the people of China open their eyes,’ Ms. Chai denounced those students who sought to bring an end to the occupation of the square.” (op. cit.) The May 28, 1989 interview was undertaken at Chai Ling's request. She then asked Cunningham to release it internationally as her political statement on the student movement. The Gate of Heavenly Peace makes extensive use of this interview (necessitated in part by Chai Ling’s repeated refusal to be interviewed for the film).[6]

The filmmakers suggest that “the hard-liners within the government marginalized moderates among the protesters (including students, workers and intellectuals), while the actions of radical protesters undermined moderates in the government. Moderate voices were gradually cowed and then silenced by extremism and emotionalism on both sides.”[7] In following the fate of these “moderate voices,” the film raises questions about some of the decisions that were made by a few of the student leaders. For this, the film was angrily condemned by many in the Chinese exile community, including Chai Ling herself. For example, in April 1995—well before the film had even been completed (it premiered in October 1995) -- Chai wrote, "Certain individuals, for the sake of gaining approval of the [Chinese] authorities, have racked their brains for ways and means to come up with policies for them. And there is another person with a pro-Communist history [Hinton] who has been hawking [her] documentary film for crude commercial gain by taking things out of context and trying to show up something new, unreasonably turning history on its head and calling black white."[8]

And like all mass political protest, when violence start it becomes uglier and uglier. It should be said that the first fatal casualty of the movement is not a student but a soldier. It is not known who kill the soldier but it is unlikely to be the student.

the Epoch Times? The mouth piece of Falun Gong?

I would say it's more of a mouth piece of the CIA.

You can get a free copy of Epoch Times in every street corner "newspaper box" in NYC Chinese communities and major US cities. We are talking about major funding here so it doesn't take a genius to guess where the money's coming from since the oversea Chinese communities do not fund such endeavors. Taiwan probably contribute too.

These Falun Gong fools (the followers who do the leg works) are totally brainwashed by their leadership, who are on the payrolls of CIA/Taiwan elements. There's nothing religious about them anymore but a bunch of sorry looking propagandists for outsiders who want harm to the Chinese Government.

Sure, their efforts do influence the thinking of some Oversea Chinese but, judging by their circulation, most don't bother to read them.

Some Chinese did dare to fight the tyrant government but the same organisation continues to rule over china:police:

Back
Top Bottom