What's new

Heart touching words of Musharraf in Special court

I don't care. But if I was a Pakistani that would be my wish.

Nawaz Sharif is not any page on Musharaf trial. He is always under the fear of military. With that fear he always step on their toes. Which he should avoid.

This is not about what is right, it is all about power. If political elite stops poking their nose in their affairs, it will make them think million times before stepping in civilian matters.

The way, Nawaz Sharif did with Gen. Jehnagir Keramat, Asif Nawaz and then Musharraf was all about the fear in the civilian elite.
Nawaz Sharif has been always under the fear of the military. With that fear he steps on the their toes. I think Nawaz Sharif has to deal with his military fear first.
why he is affraid?
what he is hidding, none of any genrls in questions, ever threatens him?
why he was goung against them removing, illegaly?
wasnt he the one given full, support by the same militry bck in 80,s?
wasnt he was the one, took funds ISI?
was thats the fear, he took money from ISI? i mean all this funny fear factors?:omghaha:

Dude one is a bureaucrat and other is a doctor! they are not on unemployment allowance. It doesn't cost many thousands to flying from Europe to Dubai. Now try to use your brain and think of some better excuse.
But musharraf has right to see his ailing mother. she is very old woman and can die any time.

Dude one is a bureaucrat and other is a doctor! they are not on unemployment allowance. It doesn't cost many thousands to flying from Europe to Dubai. Now try to use your brain and think of some better excuse.
funny again, so you think they are as crouptly rich as nawaz & shabaz?lolzz

This is not about what is right, it is all about power. If political elite stops poking their nose in their affairs, it will make them think million times before stepping in civilian matters.

The way, Nawaz Sharif did with Gen. Jehnagir Keramat, Asif Nawaz and then Musharraf was all about the fear in the civilian elite.
Nawaz Sharif has been always under the fear of the military. With that fear he steps on the their toes. I think Nawaz Sharif has to deal with his military fear first.

No Sir, it is all about what is RIGHT. What is the next thing that would comes after your proposal to stop poking their noses in each other's affairs: Who decides the military budget and its multitude of commercial activities? And then things get mighty interesting.

Otherwise, if it is all about power, then why stop there? Just declare that the COAS is the master of the country. Oh wait, I think that is called Martial Law, a very familiar disaster.

The military must be subservient to civilian authority. The power must rest with the elected representatives of the people.That is the only and right way.

It is in Pakistan's interest that such irresponsibility doesn't go unpunished.
You are saying him irresponsible. because you are thinking being an indian. but being a pakistani i think he is very much responsible, patriotic, competent ruler and non corrupt leader.

No Sir, it is all about what is RIGHT. What is the next thing that would comes after your proposal to stop poking their noses in each other's affairs: Who decides the military budget and its multitude of commercial activities? And then things get mighty interesting.

Otherwise, if it is all about power, then why stop there? Just declare that the COAS is the master of the country. Oh wait, I think that is called Martial Law, a very familiar disaster.

The military must be subservient to civilian authority. The power must rest with the elected representatives of the people.That is the only and right way.

I agree with you. But this is not the way to deal with the military. All over the world, the military is considered biggest power player in 'Grand Chess Game'. Gun and ammunition industry is at their back, which is right now biggest money making industry in the world. In other words, the military is the number one client of the gun industry. Gun industry won't let their client to be treated subordinately.
Right now the biggest power in the world is under the control of their military. So don't take it as right or wrong. This is the reality. In the old times rulers were the military generals, now these generals have a prime minister as just the head of the ministers. It is same in these times.

The Biggest Crime Musharaf made was realeasing these Khabbees Haramis. He should have hanged them by the balls when he had the opportunity. That single action came to haunt and bite him.

Im not sure why Army is not taking step against these so called "saints" sitting in a bullshit place called Parliament where everyday decision are made to release khabees khawarij

You are saying him irresponsible. because you are thinking being an indian. but being a pakistani i think he is very much responsible, patriotic, competent ruler and non corrupt leader.

My comment was related to Kargil. Many Pakistani commentators including a lot of top Pakistan Army officers who served under Musharaff have termed Kargil as an irresponsible act conspired by a team of 4 men led by Musharaff. He did not even take other services into confidence. He is directly responsible for it and should have been held accountable.

Right now the biggest power in the world is under the control of their military.

Oh really? Then how was the President able to fire a General who dare criticize national strategy in a war zone without a fear of a coup (plus many other examples)? One of the reasons the world's biggest power is the biggest power is due to the rule of law that makes the military stay in its correct place.

Oh really? Then how was the President able to fire a General who dare criticize national strategy in a war zone without a fear of a coup (plus many other examples)? One of the reasons the world's biggest power is the biggest power is due to the rule of law that makes the military stay in its correct place.

I don't want to go into further detail. But the power of the military can't be over ruled. Random examples of powers exercised by the executive (politicians) can't generalize the norm. Even the powers exercised by the President is according to the lines of the Pentagon.
Anyway, I don't want to go into detail, who is the real master of this power politics. My point, which could be wrong, is there is no way to play with the fire (military).
One example, I want to quote from Pakistan, sacking of Admiral Mansoor ul Haq (ex joint chief of staff committee), does that prove the power of executive on military establishment.

The Constitution very clearly defines what is treason and what falls other other types of crimes. What Gen Musharraf did is clearly treason as defined by the Constitution and he needs to answer for it after due process.

the main confusion in Pakistan is whether the constitution we are following is right or not.when our governments follow the constitution there is anarchy and when we do not,there is still somewhat an anarchy.Musharraf came to government because he knew what the politicians were doing for the interest of their country (Hussein haqqani memo scandal as an latest example).And when Musharraf came to power he made some bad decisions regarding war on terror.We cannot seem to find the problem,Which I think is in the constitution which we accepted from the christian and jewish British as it is.We Pakistanis and in fact the whole Muslims world do not want to practice the constitution Quran gave to us.

I don't want to go into further detail. But the power of the military can't be over ruled. Random examples of powers exercised by the executive (politicians) can't generalize the norm. Even the powers exercised by the President is according to the lines of the Pentagon.
Anyway, I don't want to go into detail, who is the real master of this power politics. My point, which could be wrong, is there is no way to play with the fire (military).
One example, I want to quote from Pakistan, sacking of Admiral Mansoor ul Haq (ex joint chief of staff committee), does that prove the power of executive on military establishment.

You are correct that the military is a major component of a country, but what is a military without the discipline to follow the rules? Mere thugs in shiny uniforms. The Oval Office controls the Pentagon, not the other way around. USA is not a banana republic.

The sacking of the rotten Admiral was nothing more than a falling out amongst thieves. It was not any application of law that did him in.

the main confusion in Pakistan is whether the constitution we are following is right or not.when our governments follow the constitution there is anarchy and when we do not,there is still somewhat an anarchy.Musharraf came to government because he knew what the politicians were doing for the interest of their country (Hussein haqqani memo scandal as an latest example).And when Musharraf came to power he made some bad decisions regarding war on terror.We cannot seem to find the problem,Which I think is in the constitution which we accepted from the christian and jewish British as it is.We Pakistanis and in fact the whole Muslims world do not want to practice the constitution Quran gave to us.

The present Constitution dates back to the 70s and has been amended many times since then. If the nation is convinced that it needs more changes in it, or a totally new Constitution, then there are legal mechanisms to do that too. Declaring Martial Law is never the answer.

You are correct that the military is a major component of a country, but what is a military without the discipline to follow the rules? Mere thugs in shiny uniforms. The Oval Office controls the Pentagon, not the other way around. USA is not a banana republic.

The sacking of the rotten Admiral was nothing more than a falling out amongst thieves. It was not any application of law that did him in.

The present Constitution dates back to the 70s and has been amended many times since then. If the nation is convinced that it needs more changes in it, or a totally new Constitution, then there are legal mechanisms to do that too. Declaring Martial Law is never the answer.
so damocrazy champ, what about your unwritten constitution of mother of damocrazies , i mean UK, can you just tell them that it should be written?:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

sorry sir,
was deciding to be part of elimnating terrorism was a wrong decision of musharaf?
when whole world was on the go against terrorism?

or you think that he should hve slaughtered, the whole nation by saving & sidding OBL & MULLHAHA OMAR?
expected you are hearing!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom