What's new

Has India missed the manufacturing boat?

The boat is not that far, if india is wise, it should be able to jump on it any time. However, the question is that if india is wise...

I disagree with the Chinese members assessment. The boat is gone, too late. In any word, Elvis has left the building ladies and gentlemen!

Best if India behave and not think about ruling the world.

India has long missed the manufacturing boat, Once manufacturing the strong growth torch bearer of India declined during the emergency and strict foreign regulations imposed.

A country chooses its sector for growth and India choose service industry rather than manufacturing. But with the change in the government, NDA strongly believes in manufacturing and infrastructure sectors as drivers of growth, so expect huge amounts of FDI in these sectors in coming years

I think its too late for that now..Indian politicians are used to sitting back and Importing things

I think its too late for that now..Indian politicians are used to sitting back and Importing things
not really, we are seeing huge investments in R&D of electronics and conductors, labour is still cheaper than China, there is scope and economically situation is still favorable

I don't think India has missed the manufacturing train. If Germany can export $1.3 trillion worth of products even after achieving European income levels. There is no way India is not competitive enough.

not really, we are seeing huge investments in R&D of electronics and conductors, labour is still cheaper than China, there is scope and economically situation is still favorable
Yes I agree but India just took a very huge step backwards by Choosing Modi as a leader..just my opinion

Yes I agree but India just took a very huge step backwards by Choosing Modi as a leader..just my opinion
He is the best we got. Look at gujrat, gujrat is based on Manufacturing industry and nothing else. Infrastructure , ports and connectivity are the best. Who else do you think is capable of taking India forward ?

He is the best we got. Look at gujrat, gujrat is based on Manufacturing industry and nothing else. Infrastructure , ports and connectivity are the best. Who else do you think is capable of taking India forward ?
I kind of think Rajiv Gandhi would've taken a bit more moderate approach on every aspect.. I saw a Modi interview in which he asked about Foreign affairs and he gave a typical politician answer about "Roti Kapara aur Makaan", I don't Modi can deal Internationally better than Rajiv Gandhi because this day and age you have to be good in Geopolitics

Since labour costs in India are still very cheap, we can still catch the bus.

Bro it's not just about the labor cost only. If one have to manufacture something he/she has to look over all manufacturing cost and rest assure India do not excel in this dept. Over all manufacturing cost is much higher, many cases higher than China

Labor cost is just one aspect, we seriously lack in infrastructure to sustain a large scale manufacturing based economy.
I was just hoping for the best. Anyway what all do we need in terms of infrastructure ?
The first thing is, we need 'self sufficient' industrial zones to cut the time required for transportation in between, for example, if we are manufacturing cars, then all the subsystems manufacturing hub has to be located within a very small radius. And those zones has to be near sea ports to be more conducive for exports, if you're eyeing for that.

Infra structure does not means only good roads, 24x7power supplies and seam less logistics. But it means an ecosystem to allow stain and grow the industry.

I kind of think Rajiv Gandhi would've taken a bit more moderate approach on every aspect.. I saw a Modi interview in which he asked about Foreign affairs and he gave a typical politician answer about "Roti Kapara aur Makaan", I don't Modi can deal Internationally better than Rajiv Gandhi because this day and age you have to be good in Geopolitics
Well to his credit, As a chief minister he already has cordial relationship with EU, china , asean and japan. Thats alot considering him just being a chief minister. Rajiv gandhi on other hand bought India close to bankruptcy

Well to his credit, As a chief minister he already has cordial relationship with EU, china , asean and japan. Thats alot considering him just being a chief minister. Rajiv gandhi on other hand bought India close to bankruptcy
Well said..Maybe I'm just judging the book by its cover.... Well good luck, I hope his decisions are humble :-)

Back
Top Bottom