What's new

Happy Sankranthi,Pongal and Lohri mates

Lohri in J&K, Punjab,Haryana and Himachal
Sankaranti in Andhra, Karnataka & Orissa
Pongal in Tamil Nadu

Addition to above. Sankranti is also widely celebrated in Gujarat, Maharashtra.

Kite festival in my city is insane too. People start flying at 4 am and they keep flying till 7-8pm. They occasionally go back to house. rest of the time on roof. Chai, Pakore, meal, all is brought on the roof. :D

Happy Pongal Folks :)

107189.gif

Happy Pongal to everyone, I used to love kite flying making the string with glass lol takes me back to my childhood days

What is this event all about?

All above are regional festivals. Prominently that marks transition of Sun from one sign to another, also coincides with harvest season. Celebrations, culinary and all differ from state to state viz. Sankranti (central, northern and western part of India), Pongal (Tamilnadu), Lohri ( Punjab, Himachal, Jammu), Bihu (Assam)

@DRaisinHerald the sun is royal planet in vedic astrology.... India told world planet moon the one brings hight tide and low tide in sea.... India told this 5000 years ago.... NASA accepted it in 1960s which is just above 50 years Ago.... Western world still has to learn alot which india learned 5000 to 12,000 years ago.... Planet sun is my father my lord my life.... Here is bit detail u can get on vedic astrology on planets....
The Nine planets in Vedic astrology - astrojyoti.com by astrologer Pandit S.P.Tata
btw am learning astrology since 15 years.... Yet our knowledge on planet and universe is just a drop in sea....
@everyone the surya dev vedic mantra is 'OM SURYAYE NAMAH' and also 'OM ADITYAYE NAMAH'.... i can give u surya beeja mantra and also gayatri mantra but if u ask me that vedic mantra is simple and effective.... Make sure recite this mantra 108 times a day or just on Sunday's morning. Make sure go out with bit water in bucket and look towards planet sun and pour the water front of him such a way that sun ray's falling on you through the water and than thank the planet sun by say 'OM SURYAYE NAMAH' or 'OM ADITYAYE NAMAH' 3 times.... Get inside home and recite surya mantra 108 times and get the planet sun blessings.... Happy makar sankranthi all....

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Sankranti, Bihu, Pongal, Lohri to everyone.
makar_sankranti_kites_12264.jpg

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom