What's new

Hameed Gul: "PAF was on red alert on Sunday due to US planes"

I doubt India will, it will look extremely bad diplomatically,considering India's efforts to build up relations with countries that have been traditionally close with Pakistan.. and currently the hawks in India do not rule the roost.

India will not indulge. We will be neutral. We don't want Pakistan to give an opportunity. Also, I heard some news that US wants India to reply from east side. But most probably it's rumour and not facts. India won't interfere between US and Pakistan.

Diplomatically, I don't think it will matter. We have good relation with Iran and Afghanistan. We will have same kind of relation with China (Neutral), no matter what we do. Middle-east are mostly puppet of US. So doesn't make any difference. Rest don't have any interest.

Islamabad: Chief of Pakistan’s premier spy agency Inter-services Intelligence (ISI) Lieutenant General Ahmed Shuja Pasha has left on an emergency visit to Saudi Arabia, sources told The News Tribe.

According to the sources, the visit is aimed at discussing current strained ties between the United States and Pakistan. The sources said the spymaster would also discuss issue of Haqqani network with the Saudi rulers which has become bone of contention between the two countries.

They said that Gen Pasha was visiting the oil-rich Saudi Arabia after the corps commanders conference held on Saturday in the backdrop of increasing temperatures between the two allies in war against terror.

The relations between Pakistan and the US deteriorated after the latter accused former’s powerful ISI directorate of patronizing Haqqani network and launching attack on American Embassy in Kabul on Sep 13.

Pakistan

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 PM ----------

LONDON: Britain’s Ministry of Defense says Pakistan’s army chief Gen. Ashfaq Pervez Kayani is visiting Britain amid growing US outrage over allegations Pakistan’s military spy agency helped militants attack US targets in Afghanistan.

The ministry says Kayani is expected to meet privately with the UK’s Defense Minister Liam Fox on Monday. It declined to comment further.

The top US military officer, Adm. Mike Mullen, last week accused Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence agency of supporting an Afghan insurgent group suspected of involvement in an assault on the US Embassy in Afghanistan on Sept. 13 as well as a truck bomb that wounded 77 American soldiers days earlier.

Kayani, widely considered the most powerful man in Pakistan, has dismissed the allegations as baseless.

Pakistan army chief Kayani visits UK | Latest-News | DAWN.COM

India refused because they knew if they help Israel Pakistan will try to destroy Indian nuclear program too and India would consider as a enemy of muslim country .

Not true.

Israel is one of our best friend. Many times better than most of the country. But it doesn't mean we ignore 20+ other countries in that region. Also, We don't provide any base to any country. We didn't provided Russia and USA (A&N Island), I don't think there is any 3rd country who can expect from India, even if we have very good relation.

What is Muslim country ? Relations are based on mutual interest and not religion. Still, you didn't understood this basic fact. we have better relation with most of the Muslim countries compare with Pakistan and Bangladesh.

I remember Israel once wanted to use India bases to attack Pakistan nuclear plants once.

India refused Israel.

At that time Isareli f-16's were stationed at indian airbases , PAF was on high alert and in all that chaos indian PM at that time was called and told be assure any attack by Israel on Pakistani nuclear sites will result into attack on indian nuclear sites and the whole mumbai will be rocked because of that india didn't allow israel to do so ,

anyways its history now but if you will read some books on that incident you will get a lot of info

I doubt India will, it will look extremely bad diplomatically,considering India's efforts to build up relations with countries that have been traditionally close with Pakistan.. and currently the hawks in India do not rule the roost.

Hawks in India have really never ruled the roost since 1984..Ironically, Indira Gandhi was the last Indian leader with the proverbial balls

I feel that even at the slightest chance, India would want to get rid of the Pakistan/Kashmir problem once and for all, even if it were to cost relations with Iran/China. But India is never going to do any such thing, or even an aggressive posturing, as long as the US does not guarantee India against any nuclear strikes coming from the Pakistani side. And the US can never really guarantee such non-nuclear scenario when Pakistan gets desperate.

Finally, without India's help on Pakistan's eastern border, the US is bound to lose in this arena simply because it has almost a negligible army in Afghanistan when compared to 'the now united' Pakistan + the Talibans + the Haqqanis. The border between Afghanistan and Pakistan does not exist, and just a piece of a powerful air force cannot turn a country like Pakistan upside down.

The US would need the Army, which is scattered all over Afghanistan, the heavy presence of Air Force, which is a little formidable - yes, and then it also needs the Navy in the Arabian sea - we haven't seen any of that yet.

In my opinion, the immense pressure has been mounted not for invasion but for more deals to exploit Pakistan's weak position further and further. Such strikes or humiliation and annihilation of Pakistan's might will give an unpredictable India such an upper hand in the region - something the US would never want to see.

Sometimes I feel US presure in this regard is good for clean pakistan. It will help her in cleaning some scums living in that part of the country. what do you think..?

US is not in a good position to launch a full scale war against pakistan.however we should be ready for a fast strike against pak's nuclear sites in case the situation gets worse.india is likely to play a role of a "vulture" as she can never dare to attack pakistan.

Children, boys and arm chair generals alike, please calm down, I think a lot is going on in the world and you need to do a certain amount of joining the dots to gain a fuller picture, Pakistan will not take the us head on!!!

We will if we need to use other leverages, the most is we will take a drone down, but nothing will be done directly!!

Remember Abbotabad ?

The whole world knows that Pak stands infiltrated else OBL would still be watching videos.

No i dont remember Abbottabad..No evidence ever provided...
Body burried at sea..tut tut....too fishy for me to beleive anything on this..

Two points:

1. How is Hameed Gul privy to the decisions being taken by the Defence Forces? How did he know that Pakistan Air Force had put its defence systems on red alert? Are such operational decisions taken by the Armed Forces in public domain? As a retired General, is he still part of the Army/Air Force decision making process?

That's understood, but what's going to happen without those billions of dollars in American aid being handed out to Pakistan and propping up its economy since 1947? Would Pakistan be able to stand on its own feet? Would China fill the gap? It won't! Because China is using Pakistan only as a counter to India, to keep its Southern flank more or less secure. It will provide military aid in the form of weapons, missiles and aircraft for this purpose but not the billions required by Pakistan to keep its economy afloat.

Now let the bashing begin....:argh:

As for the first point, come on my friend, even my relative, a retired brigadier regularly tells us things as to what is happening inside, although not top secret stuff like this, but you know what i am saying. Then my father knows these things.

Now this man is a former DG ISI, a Lt Gen, so, he is sure to have some friends serving there right now, and in the military circle. So, he can get to know. Mush can know all this.

As for the second point, Taimi said it very well.

pakistan is really in a bad position.if US stops aid then our politicians will start devouring the flesh of the poor pakistanis as so far their stomachs r being filled by the US money.
regarding the high alertness of the PAF.wat paf can do against stealth fighters n bombers.?even if they dont send their stealth fighters they have sufficient quantity of 4th gen air crafts to take on whole of PAF.
we r in a deep sh*t n its going to get further deeper n its not because of america,india or israel.its because of our OWN DEEDS

As for the first point, come on my friend, even my relative, a retired brigadier regularly tells us things as to what is happening inside, although not top secret stuff like this, but you know what i am saying. Then my father knows these things.

Now this man is a former DG ISI, a Lt Gen, so, he is sure to have some friends serving there right now, and in the military circle. So, he can get to know. Mush can know all this.

This guy might surely be privy to info that may not be discussed in public. And he also understands the region and geopolitical issues better than most. But at the same time, he does lie often to push further his points in the most subtle ways possible.

I see Gul as a refined and more dangerous version of Zaid Hamid. His information may be true, but not really precise. And the way he puts things out, sure raises a lot of suspicion.

At that time Isareli f-16's were stationed at indian airbases , PAF was on high alert and in all that chaos indian PM at that time was called and told be assure any attack by Israel on Pakistani nuclear sites will result into attack on indian nuclear sites and the whole mumbai will be rocked because of that india didn't allow israel to do so ,

anyways its history now but if you will read some books on that incident you will get a lot of info

surprising to hear that you know Israeli F16 were in Indian bases . no one in India knew about it .:)

but then i forget , the Pakistani media (i am assuming you got it from them not your fertile imagination) is better then any intelligence unit.
do enlighten me on the books you refer to , i would love to read these realms of fantasy.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

No i dont remember Abbottabad..No evidence ever provided...
Body burried at sea..tut tut....too fishy for me to beleive anything on this..

don't believe it mate . the world does and thats what counts. :)

There was a request by Israel to use IAF bases.. but that remained a request.. it never materialized.

We are still looking at the worst case scenario's.
What is more likely is more diplomatic posturing.
Aggressive Negotiations.
And the situation between the US and Pakistan will settle back to post may 2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom