What's new

HAL LCH| Updates and Discussions

Now that JF17 cockpit looks superbly designed . Quite similar to layout of Mig35 .
Aimmarul can you PM me the pic of HUD of Jf17 with this new cockpit design.

That is actually the simulator of Mig-29K for Indian Navy. Mig-29K and Mig-35 similar cockpit.

Excellent work by HAL, the chopper looks very stealthy and advanced. I wish to see it in service soon. We can export it to firendly countries as well.

P1010150-700114.JPG

Kinetc , sure about that .
Pic has some chinese lang written over it , and middle LCD is slightly below the level what Mig35 has.

^^
mate I was talking about this pic labeled as MiG-35.... yes it is for mig-35 but the pic actually of Mig-29K simulator. Mig-35 and Mig-29 has almost same cockpit config.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2yv5v2g.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It just disappoints when a Senior ranked officer claims these type of above lines .
If any journo or Fanboy claims that, its acceptable , but self chest-thumping by Vice chief is irresponsible on his part.
Unmatched Combat wrt to what
Compare it to Ka52 /Mil28/Commanche/AW-129 /Eurocopter-Tiger .
Are they unmatched wrt to LCH .
Even if its wt class is taken AW-129 is inferior to LCH , i dont accept that .

LCH is designed wrt to IAF and IA requirements at a affordable cost . That's it
no need to call it Unmatchable machine

Can't agree more, all these talk about stealth and stealth features are totally misleading. LCH might have some design features that will reduce it's RCS compared to older helicopters, but that still are only minor reductions. As far it has no internal weapon bay and a retractable gun like the Comanche it won't be stealthy. Just as you said it is maid for our requirements which mainly are cost-effectivness and able to operate in high altitudes, instead of beeing a stealth helicopter.

It just disappoints when a Senior ranked officer claims these type of above lines .
If any journo or Fanboy claims that, its acceptable , but self chest-thumping by Vice chief is irresponsible on his part.
Even if its wt class is taken AW-129 is inferior to LCH , i dont accept that .

LCH is designed wrt to IAF and IA requirements at a affordable cost . That's it
no need to call it Unmatchable machine

Without chest-thumping nothing happens. What made Brahmos world famous? Chest-thumping!!! ;)

Comanche is a canceled programme. So that remains LCH as the only dedicated stealth attack chopper.

Ka-52 and Mi-28 isn't stealthy.

A129 inferior as you mentioned.

EC Tiger: Good. But not as capable as LCH. LCH can go to much higher altitude than Tiger.

Can't agree more, all these talk about stealth and stealth features are totally misleading. LCH might have some design features that will reduce it's RCS compared to older helicopters, but that still are only minor reductions. As far it has no internal weapon bay and a retractable gun like the Comanche it won't be stealthy. Just as you said it is maid for our requirements which mainly are cost-effectivness and able to operate in high altitudes, instead of beeing a stealth helicopter.

Comanche is a stealth attack helicopter while LCH is stealthy. That is the difference. When Comanche is canceled and as you said "the design feature of LCH will reduce its RCS compared to older choppers', doesn't LCH's stealthiness make it 'unmatchable'? Did the vice air chief said anything wrong calling LCH unmatchable in terms of combat and stealth capabilities? Come to the fact, which attck chopper has better combat capabilities than LCH in its class (assuming Longbow as heavy attack heli)? :pop:

^^^^^^^^^^ Kinetic
Read my post agian
this is what , i wrote . You think LCH has better weapons than APACHE , KA52 , Mil28 or Aw129.
And my second statement
Even if its wt class is taken Is AW-129 is inferior to LCH

and Vice chief never mentioned weight , so assume he was referring wrt to all Attach Helos not only light wt class.

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^ Kinetic
Read my post agian

this is what , i wrote . You think LCH has better weapons than APACHE , KA52 , Mil28 or Aw129.
And my second statement

mate you didn't mentioned Apahe/longbow. BTW Apache is a heavy combat helicopter but not stealthy as well. Ka-50/52, Mi-28 and A129's overall combat effectiveness is not as capable as LCH. I will talk about it in next post.

What a crappy reporter! When the test pilot is describing the electro-optical pod, the reporter just juts in and asks about the weapons the helo can fire. What a douche!

These journos need specialization after their graduation from journalism school. Without knowing the background or basics, reporting on an issue with half or nil knowledge is very dangerous!

Comanche is a stealth attack helicopter while LCH is stealthy. That is the difference. When Comanche is canceled and as you said "the design feature of LCH will reduce its RCS compared to older choppers', doesn't LCH's stealthiness make it 'unmatchable'? Did the vice air chief said anything wrong calling LCH unmatchable in terms of combat and stealth capabilities? Come to the fact, which attck chopper has better combat capabilities than LCH in its class (assuming Longbow as heavy attack heli)? :pop:

Compared to what? Compared to our older Mi 35, yes! Compared to EC Tiger? NO, because it also feat some RCS reductions, but at the end with all the esternal weapons, fixed gears and of course the rotors, which limit the stealthyness of every helicopter, none of these will even be close to Comanche.
All new combat helicopters are designed with reduced RCS, but realistically, what should make LCH different and stealthy? Not to forget that one of the key requirements is cost-effectiveness and that is contrary to stealth.

Back
Top Bottom