What's new

Gwadar: The future hub of global trade.

Yaara pehlay dhung kee bandargah aur sarkein to bana lo, world trade hub baad mein bana leyna.

Ab khwaab bhi nahin dekhein kya? :P

Seriously though, I can't deny that we have a tonnes to do before we get to that status; infrastructure, security, development of local industries, human development, expanding Pakistani commercial prowess to take advantage of trading hub etc etc.

free of Value Added Tax (VAT)....it is great!

In early 1980s, Chinas has planned 4 special economic zones including Shenzhen. Thoses cities enjoy many incentive and favourable policies compared to other cities.

I think special economic zone is a great idea fot pakistan. Free trade zone, tax-protected zone, FDI, simplification of business start procedures etc.... many special policies can be realized to boost Pakistan economy...

free of Value Added Tax (VAT)....it is great!

In early 1980s, Chinas has planned 4 special economic zones including Shenzhen. Thoses cities enjoy many incentive and favourable policies compared to other cities.

I think special economic zone is a great idea fot pakistan. Free trade zone, tax-protected zone, FDI, simplification of business start procedures etc.... many special policies can be realized to boost Pakistan economy...

Good ideas, but who will set up industries where there's no electricity during working hours, no gas, security concerns and a super-corrupt administration that will demand a "gift" from you to obtain your grandma's death certificate ??

I hope racial and ethnic diversity is encouraged at gwadar. I hope no ethnic group dominates the other. We saw what happened in Karachi. Hopefully, foreigners would come to live here too. Kina like Dubai.

I hope racial and ethnic diversity is encouraged at gwadar. I hope no ethnic group dominates the other. We saw what happened in Karachi. Hopefully, foreigners would come to live here too. Kina like Dubai.

I hope they mix like in Dubai, but I also hope we don't adopt their policies towards non-citizens.

Dream on!!!

Gawadar in the middle of Balochistan desert is only good for Chinese naval base, nothing more.

Yes. A naval base in the middle of a Desert is good for the Chinese.... These trolls are going full retard now....

Another troll just joined this site.

Post reported.

Yes. A naval base in the middle of a Desert is good for the Chinese.... These trolls are going full retard now....

Another troll just joined this site.

Post reported.

Don't worry. These members will eventually be weeded out in their natural course.

Dream on!!!

Gawadar in the middle of Balochistan desert is only good for Chinese naval base, nothing more.

ImWithStupid.png

This looks like " in the middle of Balochistan desert" to you genius?

gwadar_location.jpg

Yaara pehlay dhung kee bandargah aur sarkein to bana lo, world trade hub baad mein bana leyna.

What kind of false wisdom is this Argus?

We need bullet trains first. Then comes the rest.

Dream on!!!

I'm pretty sure there's a big blue puddle next to that desert.
We call it the sea. :)

Gwadar would make an excellent naval base for any major world power, close to the Strait of Hormuz and the oil rich MEC's.
But it also holds great potential for trade and other economic activity, from central Asia, China, MEC's and Pakistan, all channeled through one port.

What kind of false wisdom is this Argus?

We need bullet trains first. Then comes the rest.

I'm pretty sure there's a big blue puddle next to that desert.
We call it the sea. :)

Gwadar would make an excellent naval base for any major world power, close to the Strait of Hormuz and the oil rich MEC's.
But it also holds great potential for trade and other economic activity, from central Asia, China, MEC's and Pakistan, all channeled through one port.

That potential can only be realized step wise. First comes a good basic port with proper infrastructure connecting it to major routes. Then comes the support of good law and order, ample energy and trained manpower. These two require billions upon billions of dollars of investment. The last requisite is sustained supportive policies with demonstrated continuity across governments. That require national political maturity, not a circus. Only then would other countries even begin think about routing their trade through such a port.

Just because a newly elected gormint is making all these fantastic announcements does not mean that Gwadar will become Dubai, or even it shadow, anytime soon.

That potential can only be realized step wise. First comes a good basic port with proper infrastructure connecting it to major routes. Then comes the support of good law and order, ample energy and trained manpower. These two require billions upon billions of dollars of investment. The last requisite is sustained supportive policies with demonstrated continuity across governments. That require national political maturity, not a circus. Only then would other countries even begin think about routing their trade through such a port.

Just because a newly elected gormint is making all these fantastic announcements does not mean that Gwadar will become Dubai, or even it shadow, anytime soon.

Oh, I agree.

I don't think Gwadar will reach it's promoted status in the near future at all.
You can't put a fancy cog in a broken machine and expect it to do wonders for you.

Gwadar is not a complete project. No port becomes a major trade route overnight.
That much we can all agree on.

Furthermore, Pakistan's economic climate is weak.
The economy is stagnant, inflation eroding what little gains we make.
Law on order (rather lack of it) deters any sort of FDI and promotes captial flight from Pakistan's own investors.

The energy situation is a whole other deal. One due to the sheer magnitude of the situation will take us a long time to solve, that is if we start now and give it our all.

So, I agree with you, Gwadar and the potential it holds will remain as it is, just untapped potential if other underlying national issues aren't dealt with. But that is why I said 'potential' in the first place. Anyway, I think you'll agree with me here when I say that it's good to see that we have something planned beyond just repairing the major issues. Something for us to look forward to in the future.

Back
Top Bottom