What's new

Gujarat does a double! Why can't India under the 'visionary' NaMo.

Gujarat growth rate is mentioned, but what about other states? Maha had a 20% NDSP growth rate in 2009-2010 what about that? UNION BUDGET & ECONOMIC SURVEY

Can you post the numbers with Mumbai removed.

Check out the economic survey 2010-2011 to compare Gujarat growth rate with other states and you will be surprised to see states like Bihar, UP and Maha having a higher growth rate than Gujarat. In other years Gujarat has topped growth rate.

Bihar and UP are having good growth rates due to base effect. Maharastra has higher growth rate due to inclusion of Mumbai which has unfair advantage of being home to some unique industries like Bollywood, Financial capital, Head quarters of various companies.

Gujarat is in the top five states in GDP growth, and has been for the last 40 years. So Modi maintaining that streak is commendable and appreciated but nothing new compared to Gujarati history.

Yes its been in top 5 earlier, but now its in top. I can be in top 10 of my class without opening a book, but i need to study my off if i want to number one. It wasn't a liner equation, but an exponential one.

And of course this does not include the inclusive growth and socio-economic development which is more important. For example as per last year survey reports. Gujarat although richer per capita than UP has higher hunger levels than UP. In other words, people in UP although poor are better fed than Gujarat. Providing land and infrastructure to big corporate is all well and good and much appreciated but there should be inclusive development of the poor in Gujarat as well.

Its the poor who are voting for him, which means that they are happy with him. Gujarati's are hardworking and proud people, they skip meals rather than living on govt bakshis. Thats why there are no free handouts in Gujarat.

The Hindu : News / National : High income, yet high hunger levels in Gujarat

This is another misperception unfortunately. Maha has consistently taken much bigger chunks of actual FDI inflows than Gujarat but you never hear about that. The MoUs signed in Gujarat summit don't translate to actual dollars. And if you look at the past years, only 25% on average actually do. For example, here is an outlookindia infographic
page_27_20110411.jpg

We probably all heard about the MoUs worth $450Billion signed this January. But how many people know that that in April-August 2010, Gujarat region was no.13 in the amount of FDI inflows in India of US $230million? Just above UP and below Orissa.
India's hottest FDI destinations; Maharashtra tops - Rediff.com Business

Even if you look historically for the past decade 2001-2010, Maha again tops the FDI inflows in India.
Maha 13.7%,
Karnataka 7.6%,
Tamil Nadu 6.7%
Gujarat 5.3%

So as you can see Maha again tops in this as well. Gujarat has done quite well of course and all the credit goes to them for that. But to create an impression that ONLY Gujarat is doing well, or even performing "the best" in terms of GDP growth or FDI inflows in many cases is incorrect. There are many states that are doing comparable and some like Maha which are doing much better in some areas. Again people should check the Economic survey 2010-2011 and see how other states are performing and how many states have actually already reached double digit growth rates.
UNION BUDGET & ECONOMIC SURVEY

A discussion based on facts will give better information and be more balanced.

Gujarat's investment is in more of Industrial sector while 80% FDI in India is in service sector. So, its natural for Maharastra and Karnataka will take major chunk owing to Financial sector and IT sector respectively. I think you should know that domestic investment every year is 5 times more than FDI and majority of that investment goes to Gujarat. Why can't you just go through the investments made by TATA's , Essar's , Bharat Forge, Alang, Pipavav's, Reliance and many more industries in Gujarat. I bet its more than whole FDI received by India from last 10 years.

Nalwa, I would Like you to go witness Both tangible and Intangible Developments Happening there... India needs Developments, and People Like Modi are good at both Economics and Diplomacy... Past can be rubbed off if It brings us Indians a Better future... gujarat massacre as we all know was a two sided Movement hence a Single person cannot be held responsible for the entire massacre... A secular Country Like India Might not want him as a Leader but surely his Economics and Diplomacy...

Even if I believe you, the least Modi could do is apologize. On behalf of his govt simply to convey a sense of loss. But he aint apologizing either. He thinks he and his govt. did nothing wrong and it was alright to 'allow' mobs to take law into their own hands and go on rampage to avenge Godhra. And I think you know why he doesnt apologize. He is afraid of losing the Hindu votebank in Gujarat. Is that the kind of PM you want? God forbid if an incident like Godhra happens when he's the PM. Riots would break out all over the country while he will allow the mobs to vent their anger before calling in the security forces.

Even if I believe you, the least Modi could do is apologize. On behalf of his govt simply to convey a sense of loss. But he aint apologizing either. He thinks he and his govt. did nothing wrong and it was alright to 'allow' mobs to take law into their own hands and go on rampage to avenge Godhra. And I think you know why he doesnt apologize. He is afraid of losing the Hindu votebank in Gujarat. Is that the kind of PM you want? God forbid if an incident like Godhra happens when he's the PM. Riots would break out all over the country while he will allow the mobs to vent their anger before calling in the security forces.

In politics there are no right or wrongs, there are only winners and looser. As long as he is winning in Gujarat, the state people are not seeing anything wrong with him. Right and wrong are only the matters of perspective.

Gujarat's investment is in more of Industrial sector while 80% FDI in India is in service sector. So, its natural for Maharastra and Karnataka will take major chunk owing to Financial sector and IT sector respectively. I think you should know that domestic investment every year is 5 times more than FDI and majority of that investment goes to Gujarat. Why can't you just go through the investments made by TATA's , Essar's , Bharat Forge, Alang, Pipavav's, Reliance and many more industries in Gujarat. I bet its more than whole FDI received by India from last 10 years.

The industrial-service sector difference doesn't matter as the data shows total FDI inflows not break-ups. And regarding the bold part, you got to be kidding me!

In politics there are no right or wrongs, there are only winners and looser. As long as he is winning in Gujarat, the state people are not seeing anything wrong with him. Right and wrong are only the matters of perspective.

You know how democracy works dont you? The majority rules. What religion constitutes the majority in Gujarat?

The industrial-service sector difference doesn't matter as the data shows total FDI inflows not break-ups. And regarding the bold part, you got to be kidding me!

Nope, alone reliance investment in Gujarat in last 10 years crossed 10B$. Lets take the figure mentioned above in 2007, the investment is 120,000 crores which translates to $30 Billion in 2007 alone and India received 15B$ (revised $12.5B) dollars of FDI in 2007. India received around $110B (revised $130B) in last 10 years, so do your math.

So you POV is that democracy doesn't work for India?

The system has its flaws and thats why Narendra Modi will lose if he ever contests as the next PM. At least I sincerely hope so.

The system has its flaws and thats why Narendra Modi will lose if he ever contests as the next PM. At least I sincerely hope so.

Ofcourse he does loose, any doubt? Its not due to flaws of democracy but due to inherent nature of democracy. A sane BJP leadership shouldn't field Modi at the center, it will be last nail in the coffin for them. They should choose steps intelligently if they wan't to win. IMO fielding Nitish is politically good step for NDA.

Ofcourse he does loose, any doubt? Its not due to flaws of democracy but due to inherent nature of democracy. A sane BJP leadership shouldn't field Modi at the center, it will be last nail in the coffin for them. They should choose steps intelligently if they wan't to win. IMO fielding Nitish is politically good step for NDA.

Yes. Keep the communal dude as confined to Gujarat as possible. BJP would be smart to do that.

My suggestion Sushma/ Arun Jaitley as PM and Modi and Nitish as joint chairmen of National Advisory Council

By not making him the PM means Justice but keeping him the way he is means Justice to you?? He after that has shown Complete Justice to the people of Gujarat, And Mistakes are on both the parties, so Just dont blame one single person for the murder.... Past is Past, Gujarat is Developing under his leadership, His presence is well needed Up there

+1. Let bygones be Bygones.

Narendra Modi could be a strong leader. But he is definitely not secular. A country as diverse as India should not be lead by a facist.

He Is Definitely more Secular than the party ruling our country. His good deeds and govt. decisions prove that he is secular. A Nano plant in muslim majority area so that 30,000 people their can get a job directly or indirectly says it all.

I am sorry. But one cant simply brush the past under the carpet just because he has been able to keep Gujarat's economy going. He may be great for economics of his state but he was surely bad for the communal fabric of his state and for the nation too I must say. Why do you think Nitish refused to allow Modi to campaign in Bihar during the last assembly elections. After all, wont the Biharis would have been happy to hear a pro-development leader speak? Think about it.

Bad for the communal fabric?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: the communal harmony in Gujrat has touched a new level under the leadership of NaMo. For the last 9 years, ever heard a case of religious discrimination (other than false teesta ones). Why do you think Tata, Ambanis, Bharati, Hinduja brothers, imam of Ahemadabad, Maulana Ghulam Mohammed Vastanvi, Parsi community etc. etc. etc. are praising Modi and his work?? Think About It.

Back
Top Bottom