What's new

Group visa for Pakistanis put on hold by India

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
India today put on hold the proposed group tourist visa facility to Pakistani nationals from tomorrow in the wake of growing unease in bilateral ties following the killing of two Indian soldiers along the Line of Control and Wednesday's suicide attack in Srinagar.

"We are not going to operationalise the group visa facility to be offered to Pakistani nationals from tomorrow," a senior Home Ministry official told PTI.

No official reason has been given for the latest move. The two countries had agreed to operationalise the group tourist visa facility to be offered to each other's citizens from March 15.

Government has already put on hold visa on arrival facility for senior citizens -- part of the new relaxed India-Pakistan visa agreement -- hours before its operationalisation on January 15 following heightened tension along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir.

Prime Minister Manmohan Singh last week had said that the barbaric killing of Indian soldiers in Kashmir had cast a shadow on bilateral relations and asked Pakistan to create a conducive environment to take the normalisation process forward.

Singh had said he was yet to see any "tangible progress" in dismantling of terror infrastructure in Pakistan and bringing to justice the perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks.

Earlier also, the Prime Minister had said that it cannot be "business as usual" between the neighbours following the LoC incident.

Government is understood to have factored yesterday's suicide attack on a CRPF camp in Srinagar, suspected to be carried out by Pakistan-based terrorist groups, before taking the decision.

Five CRPF jawans were killed and 10 others injured in the incident.

According to the visa pact, group tourist visa would be offered for a period of 30 days to tourists travelling in groups with not less than 10 members and not more than 50 members, organised by approved tour operators or travel agents.

The visa on arrival for Pakistani nationals above 65 years was supposed to start at the Attari Integrated Check Post.

The new visa agreement between India and Pakistan was signed in September last year to ease cross-border travel as part of a number of Confidence Building Measures (CBMs).

Some clauses of the relaxed visa regime like multiple-entry and reporting-free visas for businessmen and allowing them to travel to five cities instead of the earlier three were operationalised when Pakistan's Interior Minister Rehman Malik visited New Delhi in December 2012.

An Indian soldier was beheaded by Pakistani troops while the mutilated body of another was found in January along the LoC. New Delhi had lodged a strong protest over the killings.

Group visa for Pakistanis put on hold by India | NDTV.com

Good move, these moves have not really brought any difference so why keep up the pretense?

Good Move!

I say stop this whole Drama of peace and cut-off all diplomatic ties with pakistan.

with its latest decision on iran pipeline pakistan has already distanced itself from the west that too in the worst economic shape with all the loans needed to be repaid..not to mention its internal disturbances...india is not involving in to pakistan's internal affairs for quite some time now...and with the latest attack of crpf jawans, the last thing pakistan has to do is provoking india and todays drama in their parliament is the peak one...things might get tougher for pakistan and i'm sure of seeing a pakistani post in near future accusing RAW or CIA or MOSSAD...

Good Move!
I say stop this whole Drama of peace and cut-off all diplomatic ties with pakistan.
People said the same thing after Kargil, Parliament attack, 26/11.

Indians have Ghazni Syndrome. Short term memory loss.

Aman ki Asha----->Maut ka Tamasha------->Aman ki Asha.................

This cycle will keep continuing. This Congress led Govt. had golden opportunity to use world's sympathy after 26/11 and OBL raid. But they opted for Cricket matches and Luncheon with Pakistani PM who few days later do this.

All Congress supporters are Traitors in my eyes.

Congress's loyalty lies with Italy, not India.

But people of India are idiots. They will vote on basis of Godhara again.

I don;t want them in my country anymore. Keep them out for good, stop doing business with them, and get the media to stop talkin about them. This is the only way to move forward. Why do keep on comparing ourselves and talking about them?

Yes good, if they have no shame, they deserved to be insulted like this.
Good job india, this is standing up for yourself

People said the same thing after Kargil, Parliament attack, 26/11.

Indians have Ghazni Syndrome. Short term memory loss.

Aman ki Asha----->Maut ka Tamasha------->Aman ki Asha.................

This cycle will keep continuing. This Congress led Govt. had golden opportunity to use world's sympathy after 26/11 and OBL raid. But they opted for Cricket matches and Luncheon with Pakistani PM who few days later do this.

All Congress supporters are Traitors in my eyes.

Congress's loyalty lies with Italy, not India.

But people of India are idiots. They will vote on basis of Godhara again.

Yeah, it looks like, thats why nobody even care about the new development about the incident which just took place yesterday.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/240197-suspected-pak-militant-arrested-attack-crpf-camp-srinagar.html

But i am not one of them, i voted for NDA even in 2009 election and have not forgotten anything my friend.

It was an agreement, very same leniency was given to Indian citizens by Pakistan. There's nothing good or bad move in it, Indian groups will be entertained very same way.

Yeah, it looks like, thats why nobody even care about the new development about the incident which just took place yesterday. http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian-defence/240197-suspected-pak-militant-arrested-attack-crpf-camp-srinagar.html But i am not one of them, i voted for NDA even in 2009 election and have not forgotten anything my friend.
These pseudo secular still think Modi is a monster.

India has become tourist attraction for Italians and Pakistan for hunting people.

No NGO will come forward to protest.

People still cry for Godhara, but what about these people ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60SXV7o5Kfg&list=UU6RJ7-PaXg6TIH2BzZfTV7w&index=7

It was an agreement, very same leniency was given to Indian citizens by Pakistan. There's nothing good or bad move in it, Indian groups will be entertained very same way.

nice , you think Indians are dying to visit Pakistan :lol: :lol: also in Groups :taz:

please treat us same way , i insist . we don't want you people on soil....even ban single visa .

let me explain no common Indian wants visit to your ****_ing mess....

nice , you think Indians are dying to visit Pakistan :lol: :lol: also in Groups :taz:

please treat us same way , i insist . we don't want you people on soil....even ban single visa .

let me explain no common Indian wants visit to your ****_ing mess....

Nice words there, really.. If I may ask - what makes you think people and that too in groups from this side of the border are dying to see the land of shining India? Keep this favor of issuing visa to groups to yourself, no one is Pakistan gives a flying ****. You better pass on those words of wisdom of yours to the leadership sitting in Lok Sabha, making these point on a Pakistani forum won't serve any cause..

Well there goes AMAN KI ASHAH - down the drain .....
Nothing surprising here, it was always on the cards & was bound to happen......

Just a good kick on Pakistani backs who loved to travel even in disgrace.

Shame on: Raja Rental
Shame on : Pakistani Sports man
Shame on: Pakistani tourists

Slap on their faces. Next time they should manage to go some where else not in Terrorist/Extremist/Radical state of India.

Nice words there, really.. If I may ask - what makes you think people and that too in groups from this side of the border are dying to see the land of shining India? Keep this favor of issuing visa to groups to yourself, no one is Pakistan gives a flying ****. You better pass on those words of wisdom of yours to the leadership sitting in Lok Sabha, making these point on a Pakistani forum won't serve any cause..

you forget that's what they love.

when digging their head in this forum hay they can pretend all the miserables at home don't exist, which they can others are eager to see. such a nice move, save you efforts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom