What's new

Greece is in panic on impending acquisition of the F-35 by Turkey

amalakas what about trading the islands with some of our eastern regions ? :D

He's jealous because we're offering eastern regions to Greeks and not Armenians :P

and here goes the only military-related thread... :(

I'm sorry for you.

Second thought, I'm only sorry for myself

and here goes the only military-related thread... :(

I'm sorry for you.

Second thought, I'm only sorry for myself

Rofl I hope your criticizing your Turkish bros and not me. I only laughed at the fact that an internet poster was promising some islands to Greece. Never said anything about Armenia.

Plus Greece has superior air-defense system: Not only are they equipped with PAC and s300, they also have VELOS.

When is Turkey getting F-35's anyway? America is scheduled for them until 2016.

If not changed, first 2 planes will be delivered in 2015.

Indeed air defence is probably the weakest side of Turkey, its going to be solved though, not sure if tender is ended.

If not changed, first 2 planes will be delivered in 2015.

Indeed air defence is probably the weakest side of Turkey, its going to be solved though, not sure if tender is ended.

Three questions, if I will :

1) How many SAM systems did the tender require ?

2) Whats in the current inventory of Turkey with respect to Anti Air Defence ? Which is to say if (say!) Russia were to attack right now...what does Turkey have (barring NATO) to deter their Air-craft from entering Turkish Airspace ?

3) Are you a Star Wars fan ? :D

8 Batteries as far as I know.

We just have MIM-23 Hawk, don't know how many batteries is at there.

Yes I'm :D

Three questions, if I will :

1) How many SAM systems did the tender require ?

2) Whats in the current inventory of Turkey with respect to Anti Air Defence ? Which is to say if (say!) Russia were to attack right now...what does Turkey have (barring NATO) to deter their Air-craft from entering Turkish Airspace ?

3) Are you a Star Wars fan ? :D

I believe I can answer your second point. Turkey has many AA systems, although most are outdated. The Swedish BOFORS gun is in great supply, although I'm not sure why Turkey is still operating a WW2 era weapon. There is also J600 Chinese-Turkish balistic missile system, but as I understand it is in the process of being phased out as well. Other than that and some American made ATACMS, there are a wide variety of howitzers.

Suffice it to say that, without NATO, Turkey will not be able to defend itself from Russia.

8 Batteries as far as I know.

We just have MIM-23 Hawk, don't know how many batteries is at there.

Yes I'm :D

Then may the Force be with you ! Oh wait...you're a Clone Trooper and I'm a Sith : Bow before me biaaatch ! :P

I believe I can answer your second point. Turkey has many AA systems, although most are outdated. The Swedish BOFORS gun is in great supply, although I'm not sure why Turkey is still operating a WW2 era weapon. There is also J600 Chinese-Turkish balistic missile system, but as I understand it is in the process of being phased out as well. Other than that and some American made ATACMS, there are a wide variety of howitzers.

Suffice it to say that, without NATO, Turkey will not be able to defend itself from Russia.

Dude isn't ATACMs an MLRS ? And if thats what constitutes the bulk of Turkish Anti Air Defences then we in Pakistan are better defended and to be honest most of our systems are old too and our Long Range SAMs are in the process of evaluation or so I've heard.

Dude isn't ATACMs an MLRS ? And if thats what constitutes the bulk of Turkish Anti Air Defences then we in Pakistan are better defended and to be honest most of our systems are old too and our Long Range SAMs are in the process of evaluation or so I've heard.

Not sure. ATACMs are compatible with rocket launching systems, but I don't know how Turkey is using them.

Targon, I don't mean to troll :-)D) but, since we are on the topic, have you heard that Armenia, Kazakhstan, and Russia (and possible Belarus) will be setting up a joint air-defense network by the end of this year? Meaning S-400s will be protecting Armenia. Still think that Azerbaijan can do anything?

Back
Top Bottom