What's new

Greece is in panic on impending acquisition of the F-35 by Turkey

Because in every case you're trying to say its all because Turkey is bad.

Yes...Turkey is wrong on every count....

How very genius of you.

It may surprise you coming from a Greek and actually one who has served in the military; but i don't see Turkey as neither wrong nor right.

In relations between countries there is just one thing. National interests. Turkey is doing what it thinks best for its interests, and so should the rest of us.

Long live Greece...*

greece_flag_map_full_size_keychain-p146975242485796844env08_400.jpg

*Trolling
11225.gif

It may surprise you coming from a Greek and actually one who has served in the military; but i don't see Turkey as neither wrong nor right.

In relations between countries there is just one thing. National interests. Turkey is doing what it thinks best for its interests, and so should the rest of us.

But that is the issue. Turkey's foreign ambitions are incompatible with that of its neighbors. IMO, Greece needs to be more wary of Turkish encroachment. Look at what happened in Georgian Adjara: there are so many Turks there now that officials fear race riots.

But that is the issue. Turkey's foreign ambitions are incompatible with that of its neighbors. IMO, Greece needs to be more wary of Turkish encroachment. Look at what happened in Georgian Adjara: there are so many Turks there now that officials fear race riots.

I don't dictate policy nor can I influence politics. All I can do is voice my opinion.

The Greeks should concentrate on fixing their failed economy.

Whats the deal with that Adjara you keep bringing up ? I have no idea about that issue.

They will panic, but as long as they can maintain a decent air force and focus on economy. They will be back.

To be rational whatever the greece/hellenic airforce has got is good enough for them to defend their airspace in case any attack is carried out, i dont know why they are worried and why this fuss is all about.

With 157 F-16 C/D with majority of them being block 50 and 52+
43 mirage 2000 and 200-5
52 F-4s and
41 LTV A-7 Corsair II specifically designed attack aircraft

And an inventory of 390 Aim-120
350 IRIS-T
~2000 Aim-9 sidewinders
300 MICA
and 100s of other missiles and bombs

And air defence in the light of Patriot PAC 2/ PAC3 , S-300 and various other sophisticated air defence systems make it even more deadly

Its a force to recon with , On paper it has all the ability to defend any agression , doesnot matter how bigger is the opponent and not to forget the AWACS and other aircrafts they have in their inventory

I think its just an exaggeration

Whats the deal with that Adjara you keep bringing up ? I have no idea about that issue.

Georgia has issued over 25,000 passports to ethnic Turks in Adjara Province in southwest Georgia. Soon, it will become Turkish majority, and officials in Tbilisi are beginning to worry that Turkey may try to incite separatist movements there and annex the region.

Personally, I believe that Georgia is overreacting, partly because it already lost Ossetia and Abkhazia and is afraid of more loss. However, Georgia really just consists of historic Armenian and Caucasian land, and in fact there are many places like the aforementioned territories that deserve autonomy if not independence (like Armenian dominated Javahk region). But that is just an opinion...

I did a quick research, looks like government not giving a sh.t about it, they would do it before if they wanted, they had legal base, its logical of course , there is no reason to act hostile againts Georgia since they're getting closer to NATO and our relations getting better.

Batumi looks like a weird place though, some witnesses says even the polices are offering women to Turkish tourists :D

I did a quick research, looks like government not giving a sh.t about it, they would do it before if they wanted, they had legal base, its logical of course , there is no reason to act hostile againts Georgia since they're getting closer to NATO and our relations getting better.

Batumi looks like a weird place though, some witnesses says even the polices are offering women to Turkish tourists :D

Yeah, Georgia is being irrational. However, what could incite violence is the race riots. In the past couple of months, there have been large scale protests about mosque construction and other Muslim-accommodating facilities. Naturally, the eventually Turk-majority region will want autonomy if such policy continues.

I can provide the source, but being that it is Armenian you will probably discredit it.

Why Turkish population would go settle there in waves ? for what reason ? its probably no different then the situation in my city, there is a huge flow of Russian tourists to here, some of them decides to settle or came in just summers but I don't think they would become majority in that century or would want autonomy :P

Why Turkish population would go settle there in waves ? for what reason ? its probably no different then the situation in my city, there is a huge flow of Russian tourists to here, some of them decides to settle or came in just summers but I don't think they would become majority in that century or would want autonomy :P

Why are they going there? No idea. But in your case, most Russians come for tourism and not to settle down. They certainly are not close to a majority as I understand. Also, Turkey does not worry about irredenist fears in that part of the country (I'm assuming you are either on Black Sea coast or Aegean coast). Georgia is not that stable on the other hand, so its fears are somewhat justifiy.

Back
Top Bottom